It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 360 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Go Eye, advanced SGF viewer/editor on iOS, released 1.6.
Post #221 Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:13 pm 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 0
Universal go server handle: MonkDLuffy
GoEye2012 wrote:
GoEye2012 wrote:
JUST FOUND THERE MIGHT BE A CRITICAL PROBLEM.

**Please DON'T UPDATE to this version yet.
***We just found a problem that might cause inaccessible to your go games.
***Please wait until the notice is gone. Thanks.

Problem fixed. Will upload new version asap. Thanks.

We had a quick fix for iOS7+ and it is out. iOS5/6 devices might still have the problem. So backup your app before update for iOS5/6 users. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

But there will be a fix for ios5/6, right?

Post #222 Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:54 pm 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 2
Was liked: 49
IGS: goeye
MonkDLuffy wrote:
GoEye2012 wrote:
GoEye2012 wrote:
JUST FOUND THERE MIGHT BE A CRITICAL PROBLEM.

**Please DON'T UPDATE to this version yet.
***We just found a problem that might cause inaccessible to your go games.
***Please wait until the notice is gone. Thanks.

Problem fixed. Will upload new version asap. Thanks.

We had a quick fix for iOS7+ and it is out. iOS5/6 devices might still have the problem. So backup your app before update for iOS5/6 users. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

But there will be a fix for ios5/6, right?

Yes, fix for ios5/6 submitted to Apple for review now.

Post #223 Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:23 am 
Lives with ko

Good news and bad news.

Bad news: Don't know when the review is done.

Good news:

Dear E-Intuit Limited,
The status for the following app has changed to In Review.

App Name: Go Eye
App Version Number: 1.6.6

Release notes:

Add a new option to customize the maximum age of recent games.
Fix not being able to open games in iOS5/6.
Show markers in book page of a game.

Post #224 Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:40 pm 
Lives with ko

Go Eye 1.6.6 is out with additional features. The previous problems are solved. Have a nice Friday and enjoy Go.

This post by GoEye2012 was liked by: Bonobo

Post #225 Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:33 pm 
Oza

Liked others: 2339
Was liked: 1332
KGS: ez4u
So another Friday, another feature request. :) I deleted the old groups that were giving me trouble. As a result I have 641 games in trash. However, there is no 'delete all' or 'select all' button when I try to edit my trash bin. Either one would be a great addition in the next edition.
:bow:

Post #226 Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:31 pm 
Lives with ko

ez4u wrote:
So another Friday, another feature request. :) I deleted the old groups that were giving me trouble. As a result I have 641 games in trash. However, there is no 'delete all' or 'select all' button when I try to edit my trash bin. Either one would be a great addition in the next edition.

There is. Select "Edit" button...

Post #227 Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:52 pm 
Oza

Liked others: 2339
Was liked: 1332
KGS: ez4u
GoEye2012 wrote:
ez4u wrote:

There is. Select "Edit" button...

Mea culpa! I didn't realize the trash icon was 'live'. I thought I needed to mark 600 games. :oops:

Post #228 Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:33 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 55
Tygem: lebigot
IGS: lebigot
DGS: lebigot
OGS: lebigot
I am looking for a convenient SGF editor that allows me to study and save variations while looking at diagrams (from a book).

Go Eye is branded as an SGF editor, but I can't find any screenshot showing the editing capabilities (marking of stones with symbols, creation of variations, etc.): I want to make sure that it looks like what I need.

Also, since I am looking for a convenient and powerful SGF editor, how does Go Eye compare to SmartGo Kifu in this area?

Post #229 Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:46 am 
Gosei

Liked others: 577
Was liked: 298
KGS: RBerenguel
Tygem: rberenguel
Wbaduk: JohnKeats
Kaya handle: RBerenguel
Online playing schedule: KGS on Saturday I use to be online, but I can be if needed from 20-23 GMT+1
lebigot wrote:
I am looking for a convenient SGF editor that allows me to study and save variations while looking at diagrams (from a book).

Go Eye is branded as an SGF editor, but I can't find any screenshot showing the editing capabilities (marking of stones with symbols, creation of variations, etc.): I want to make sure that it looks like what I need.

Also, since I am looking for a convenient and powerful SGF editor, how does Go Eye compare to SmartGo Kifu in this area?

I have been using GoEye lately for editing (for my Anki decks, since it's the only of the editing programs I have offering B/W diagrams) and it is somewhat klunky, but works. For pure raw editing I much prefer EasyGo, then SmartGo, then (last resort) GoEye.

This post by RBerenguel was liked by: lebigot

Post #230 Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:59 am 
Lives with ko

RBerenguel wrote:
lebigot wrote:

I have been using GoEye lately for editing (for my Anki decks, since it's the only of the editing programs I have offering B/W diagrams) and it is somewhat klunky, but works. For pure raw editing I much prefer EasyGo, then SmartGo, then (last resort) GoEye.

I totally don't agree with that. Go Eye is the BEST and next generation of SGF editor. Please don't bad mouth Go Eye everywhere (I found you did this on other places, Spanish gentleman). For a detail review of Go Eye, see http://www.go4go.net/go/GoEye

Post #231 Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:07 am 
Dies in gote

RBerenguel wrote:
Very useful information, thanks!

I'm kind of sad to hear that EasyGo is the best: I find it inelegant (in terms of design) and somewhat inconvenient (the editing buttons don't seem to always react). :/ How does SmartGo compare? I am wondering if SmartGo would not be slightly better suited to my needs (easily creating variations, annotating maybe, visualizing the result at the end of the variation)…

Out of curiosity: why don't you use EasyGo for editing and then import into GoEye for the B&W diagrams?

Post #232 Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:10 am 
Gosei

Online playing schedule: KGS on Saturday I use to be online, but I can be if needed from 20-23 GMT+1
lebigot wrote:
RBerenguel wrote:
Very useful information, thanks!

I'm kind of sad to hear that EasyGo is the best: I find it inelegant (in terms of design) and somewhat inconvenient (the editing buttons don't seem to always react). :/ How does SmartGo compare? I am wondering if SmartGo would not be slightly better suited to my needs (easily creating variations, annotating maybe, visualizing the result at the end of the variation)…

Out of curiosity: why don't you use EasyGo for editing and then import into GoEye for the B&W diagrams?

I got used to EasyGo, and makes creating empty branches easy. Also, I prefer EasyGo's variation diagram, it's slighly easier to tap for me, aside from that there's not muc difference between both.

Passing from one to the other adds a minor overhead I don't want when creating cards ;) GoEye works acceptably enough for the small diagrams I need for cards.

This post by RBerenguel was liked by: lebigot

Post #233 Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:25 am 
Dies in gote

GoEye2012 wrote:
I totally don't agree with that. Go Eye is the BEST and next generation of SGF editor. For a detail review of Go Eye, see http://www.go4go.net/go/GoEye
I am sorry to say that this is not very helpful: again, I cannot find any screenshot (or better, video) that shows the editing capabilities. Before shelling out so much money, I want to be sure that I will be happy with Go Eye's diagram/SGF editor (ease of creating variations, convenient interface,…), and no information is available on this beyond a non-descriptive "full-fledged SGF viewer and editor".

Last edited by lebigot on Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post #234 Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:38 am 
Gosei

GoEye2012 wrote:
RBerenguel wrote:
lebigot wrote:

I totally don't agree with that. Go Eye is the BEST and next generation of SGF editor. Please don't bad mouth Go Eye everywhere (I found you did this on other places, Spanish gentleman). For a detail review of Go Eye, see http://www.go4go.net/go/GoEye

What? please, let me know where.

Post #235 Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:07 am 
Oza

Liked others: 251
Was liked: 549
KGS: oren
Tygem: oren740, orenl
IGS: oren
Wbaduk: oren
GoEye2012 wrote:

I'm not surprised the author would think his program is the BEST, but everyone here is entitled to an opinion. I don't think I would want to buy your program simply because I find the amount of spam really annoying.

This post by oren was liked by 3 people: Bonobo, RBerenguel, Txewì

Post #236 Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:01 pm 
Lives with ko

lebigot wrote:
GoEye2012 wrote:
I totally don't agree with that. Go Eye is the BEST and next generation of SGF editor. For a detail review of Go Eye, see http://www.go4go.net/go/GoEye
I am sorry to say that this is not very useful: again, I cannot find any screenshot (or better, video) that shows the editing capabilities. Before shelling out so much money, I want to be sure that I will be happy with Go Eye's diagram/SGF editor (ease of creating variations, convenient interface,…), and no information is available on this beyond a non-descriptive "full-fledged SGF viewer and editor".

Sorry that the message was sent late in my timezone and didn't reply your question in more details.
For more information about Go Eye, you could find a few demo videos (Some based on older version of Go Eye) at Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw5h8L ... IR0tB_D8-g , or the Google+ community at https://plus.google.com/communities/100 ... 2991672757, directly visit the web site and see the FAQ at http://e-intuit.hk/goeye.

Some short summary of how Go Eye supports SGF editing. It supports full game tree navigation, variation creation, deletion, comments, game info, markers. The creation of variations is simple. Just tap(or double tap based on your Setting values in Go Eye) at another location to create a new branch. Branches are illustrated in game tree with thumbnails (Long press thumbnails to delete like removing an app). There was a video illustrating this on iPhone simulator (Yes, even on iPhone's small screen, you can do the editing pretty well since Go Eye allows you to zoom naturally).

Some comments to others who may or may not have been used Go Eye.

Apple always believes that their systems are the most advanced ones and many do, while there are always users love Windows XP or Nokia phones. So if a user insists on saying that one is much better because of his/her experience, that is fine. Please just delete the app or seek refunds from Apple if you purchase that within Apple's allowing period.

What Go Eye cares is not about the number of users due to the small market in Go. We care the quality the real users can achieve. We position Go Eye as "A life long go friend". A great tool that could help people enjoy the Go game and it keeps growing with latest technologies. In the app, we provide the seamless integration with the web to get the best new professional games for your study. We respect the classic as well by providing Go Seigen's game collections. Tons of features are included in Go Eye with best integration of latest advanced iOS technologies to achieve the goal as a friend (AirPlay, social sharing, book mode, 3D perspective views, convenient game collection organizations, ..., etc.)

There are many items in our todo list to be rolled out as time goes by. There might be bugs, new desired features users like to have in Go Eye. Most of our users happily report to us, share their opinions, then enjoy the frequent updates. And some even regard Go Eye as the "best go app, ever" in their comments. Thanks to the kind users who provide feedbacks and criticisms on details. At the same time, we don't really appreciate those who just have a mere bad words without telling you any reason. (If, otherwise, you are the lovers of other apps, please send your appreciations to their authors, thank them elsewhere.)

Post #237 Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:57 pm 
Dies in gote

GoEye2012 wrote:
For more information about Go Eye, you could find a few demo videos (Some based on older version of Go Eye) at Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw5h8L ... IR0tB_D8-g , or the Google+ community at https://plus.google.com/communities/100 ... 2991672757, directly visit the web site and see the FAQ at http://e-intuit.hk/goeye.
Thanks, this is interesting. After spending a few minutes looking in vain for some screenshot or demo of the editing again, I gave up, and bought SmartGo Kifu instead, since I knew much better what I am buying.

While Go Eye looks very nice and professional, I must say that I am suspicious of the "this is the best" argument: repeating this over and over does not make it true and obvious, and I feel that if the marketing method is wrong, then maybe something else in the program is wrong. I would be much more willing to buy the app if I saw screenshots and details like I was able to get with SmartGo Kifu (http://www.smartgo.com/kifu.html is great: it is beautiful and informative). Thus, I am quite insensitive to the argument "this app is great, it can do lots of things, trust me", but I am interested when I read "here are screenshots of the major app features, along with a quick executive summary of what the app can do for you". This is particularly important for more expensive apps like Go Eye and SmartGo Kifu, since there it is hard to try them before buying them.

Anyway, even though I have fewer reasons now to buy Go Eye, I am not closed to doing so at some point, who knows…
:)

PS: Yeah, I figured, for the time zone, I'm in the same one (in Beijing), so that was fine. :)

Post #238 Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:25 pm 
Lives with ko

lebigot wrote:
GoEye2012 wrote:
Thanks, this is interesting. After spending a few minutes looking in vain for some screenshot or demo of the editing again, I gave up, and bought SmartGo Kifu instead, since I knew much better what I am buying.

While Go Eye looks very nice and professional, I must say that I am suspicious of the "this is the best" argument: repeating this over and over does not make it true and obvious, and I feel that if the marketing method is wrong, then maybe something else in the program is wrong. I would be much more willing to buy the app if I saw screenshots and details like I was able to get with SmartGo Kifu (http://www.smartgo.com/kifu.html is great: it is beautiful and informative). Thus, I am quite insensitive to the argument "this app is great, it can do lots of things, trust me", but I am interested when I read "here are screenshots of the major app features, along with a quick executive summary of what the app can do for you". This is particularly important for more expensive apps like Go Eye and SmartGo Kifu, since there it is hard to try them before buying them.

Anyway, even though I have fewer reasons now to buy Go Eye, I am not closed to doing so at some point, who knows…
:)

PS: Yeah, I figured, for the time zone, I'm in the same one (in Beijing), so that was fine. :)

Thanks for the good suggestions on marketing. That is actually a weak point for us for the time being :)
We will improve that later on.

For the "best" thing, that is what we believe (and agreed by some users). But it may be too straight forward to say that on marketing. Claiming to be best may arouse reverse psychology (We know that even Xiaomi claimed to be the best phone :D )

One more thing about trying: You can actually try apps and refund it if you don't like within one or few days, according to different App Store policy.

Post subject: Re: Go Eye, BEST SGF viewer/editor on iOS, released 1.6.6
Post #239 Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:06 am 
Lives with ko

1.7.0 is out with many improvements and new features. A must update :)

New things:

A brand new theme is introduced with lighter colors. The old theme can be set in the app settings.
Add many UI improvements.
Change database implementation to be make data access more stable.
Add an option to set screenshot to empty target.
Add an option to disable AirPlay.
Add an option to support setting preferred import encodings.

Fix a few crash bugs when editing SGF files and in organizing the game groups.

Post subject: Re: Go Eye, BEST SGF viewer/editor on iOS, released 1.7.0
Post #240 Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:13 pm 
Lives with ko

A screen dump of 1.7.0 with bright theme.
Attachment:
iOS Simulator Screen shot 9 Aug, 2014 8.47.14 am.png
iOS Simulator Screen shot 9 Aug, 2014 8.47.14 am.png [ 348.78 KiB | Viewed 8227 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 360 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 18  Next