Was liked: 3
KGS: ESMP
Tygem: ESMP
IGS: ESMP
Wbaduk: esmp
DGS: ESMP
OGS: ESMP
Universal go server handle: ESMP
Has anyone here dared to pay for iOS app "WeiQiReferee"? (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/weiqireferee/id777558884) It seems like an interesting app, but the price is too high for me to purchase & try... so if anyone here has it then I would really appreciate any comments on it.

Cheers!

Post subject: Re: WeiQiReferee - iOS
Post #2 Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:31 pm 
Beginner

Liked others: 1
Was liked: 0
I haven't used this app, but based on the screenshots it looks like one of the main functions is capturing game records by photographing the board. There are some other apps that do this at a lower price, such as https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/baduk-cap/id896353586. The other functions such as scoring could be done in Smartgo. Perhaps that would work for you.

Post #3 Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:37 pm 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
Hi appleseeds!

Thank you for your reply! Yeah, I actually saw that Baduk Cap app yesterday as well, but what I liked from WeiQiReferee is that it automatically counts the territory for you, and Baduk Cap doesn't seem to do that, so you have to enter all that info manually (or at least that's what I thought from what I could read in its description). Maybe I can try that Baduk Cap and see if it does the same thing as WQR...

Post #4 Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:44 pm 
Gosei

Liked others: 577
Was liked: 298
KGS: RBerenguel
Tygem: rberenguel
Wbaduk: JohnKeats
Kaya handle: RBerenguel
Online playing schedule: KGS on Saturday I use to be online, but I can be if needed from 20-23 GMT+1
ESMP wrote:
Hi appleseeds!

Thank you for your reply! Yeah, I actually saw that Baduk Cap app yesterday as well, but what I liked from WeiQiReferee is that it automatically counts the territory for you, and Baduk Cap doesn't seem to do that, so you have to enter all that info manually (or at least that's what I thought from what I could read in its description). Maybe I can try that Baduk Cap and see if it does the same thing as WQR...

The developer of BadukCap is considering adding territory counting at some point, maybe as a relatively cheap in-app purchase. I can't tell about WeiqiReferee's image recognition quality, but BC's is great (on an iPad Air, which has a slighly improved camera, but I have tried with artificially reduced images and works as well)

Post #5 Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:07 pm 
Beginner

Hi RBerenguel!

It's good to know the feature may get added to Baduk Cap since it is certainly cheaper and I would surely purchase it the moment it does. However, so long as it doesn't have it, then I have no use for this app as it is... or maybe I'm missing something? From what I understand you take a snapshot of your game in its current state (so obviously it's impossible for it to have move numbers) and then you can export the diagram as SGF... and?

I mean, maybe one can more easily capture a life and death problem situation or perhaps to show someone where any cool/bad move happened or something but otherwise I just think it is just a curiosity more than a utility :(

Post #6 Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:13 pm 
Gosei

Liked others: 577
Was liked: 298
KGS: RBerenguel
Tygem: rberenguel
Wbaduk: JohnKeats
Kaya handle: RBerenguel
Online playing schedule: KGS on Saturday I use to be online, but I can be if needed from 20-23 GMT+1
ESMP wrote:
Hi RBerenguel!

It's good to know the feature may get added to Baduk Cap since it is certainly cheaper and I would surely purchase it the moment it does. However, so long as it doesn't have it, then I have no use for this app as it is... or maybe I'm missing something? From what I understand you take a snapshot of your game in its current state (so obviously it's impossible for it to have move numbers) and then you can export the diagram as SGF... and?

I mean, maybe one can more easily capture a life and death problem situation or perhaps to show someone where any cool/bad move happened or something but otherwise I just think it is just a curiosity more than a utility :(

Just capturing positions. For me, I like being able to take shots of the board during games instead of recording fully, then I can use it to convert to SGF to compare to what I remember of the moves.

Post #7 Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:40 am 
Beginner

Was liked: 2
Hi everyone,

I am the developer of WeiQiReferee for iOS. I apologize, if the current price of WQR is a little steep. Please understand that its targeted to Chinese WeiQi professionals, by which I don’t mean professional strength players of course, but referees, teachers and so on. In China there are tournaments with more than 3000 players and ALL games have to be refereed.

For interested hobby players in this forum: Here are 5 Promo Codes first come first serve.

K3TWNFL4KY74
RTW9LFN6N96M
WTHAFLE3N6T6
EF74ER3W7JMP
H6FFHNT3L4NJ

As a courtesy to other forum members I suggest that you post here after successfully using one of the codes, so your fellow members don’t have to try them all.

cheers kai

This post by meikai was liked by 2 people: Bonobo, ez4u

Post #8 Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:57 am 
Oza

Liked others: 8262
Was liked: 924
OGS: trohde
Universal go server handle: trohde
Hello Kai,

meikai wrote:
[..]

For interested hobby players in this forum: Here are 5 Promo Codes first come first serve.

K3TWNFL4KY74
[..]
Thank you, I’ve used the first promo code :-)

Quote:
As a courtesy to other forum members I suggest that you post here after successfully using one of the codes, so your fellow members don’t have to try them all.
Done, the first code (K3TWNFL4KY74) is used up now, thanks again.

Cordially, Tom

Post #9 Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:02 am 
Beginner

meikai wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am the developer of WeiQiReferee for iOS. I apologize, if the current price of WQR is a little steep. Please understand that its targeted to Chinese WeiQi professionals, by which I don’t mean professional strength players of course, but referees, teachers and so on. In China there are tournaments with more than 3000 players and ALL games have to be refereed.

K3TWNFL4KY74
RTW9LFN6N96M
WTHAFLE3N6T6
EF74ER3W7JMP
H6FFHNT3L4NJ

cheers kai

Wooow, awesome!!! Thank you very much! I used the last promo code from the list (sorry for not using the second, I thought they'd used them all already...)

Thanks again!!

Post #10 Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:50 am 
Beginner

Liked others: 7
Was liked: 5
Thank you very much. I have redeemed the second code. :)

Post #11 Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:32 am 
Oza

Liked others: 8262
Was liked: 924
OGS: trohde
Universal go server handle: trohde
Just for clarity — promo code redemption status:

K3TWNFL4KY74
RTW9LFN6N96M
WTHAFLE3N6T6
EF74ER3W7JMP
H6FFHNT3L4NJ

Post #12 Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:31 pm 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 163
Was liked: 67
I've used one of the promo redemption codes, so there is one left. Thank-you.

K3TWNFL4KY74
RTW9LFN6N96M
WTHAFLE3N6T6
EF74ER3W7JMP
H6FFHNT3L4NJ

Post #13 Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:56 pm 
Dies with sente

Liked others: 10
Was liked: 19
Used the last code. Thank you.