It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:54 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: EasyGo on iOS - review
Post #141 Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:28 am 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 318
Was liked: 345
I apologize in advance for being an idiot. How does one start SRS in EasyGo?

The help file says, "There is a “Study” button in the bottom toolbar: tap it to start an SRS session."

I don't know what the button looks like, or even where the correct toolbar is. I am on an iPad running ios 8.0.2.

Assume I am on the screen that shows Problem Library has 2368 games, how do I start SRS?

If I need to navigate down to a subfolder, assume I am on the screen Problems>Life and Death>Easy, which shows a tile view on the left, and problem 1 of 443 on the right. There is a toolbar on the bottom, but I don't see a Study button.

Thanks in advance.

Post #142 Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:22 am 
Dies with sente

Liked others: 12
Was liked: 49
wineandgolover wrote:
I apologize in advance for being an idiot. How does one start SRS in EasyGo?

The help file says, "There is a “Study” button in the bottom toolbar: tap it to start an SRS session."

I don't know what the button looks like, or even where the correct toolbar is. I am on an iPad running ios 8.0.2.

Assume I am on the screen that shows Problem Library has 2368 games, how do I start SRS?

If I need to navigate down to a subfolder, assume I am on the screen Problems>Life and Death>Easy, which shows a tile view on the left, and problem 1 of 443 on the right. There is a toolbar on the bottom, but I don't see a Study button.

Thanks in advance.

Please go to a sub-folder, such as "Problem->Life and Death->Easy", if you still can't find "Study" button in the toolbar, you might use tile view, please tap the "list view" icon on the toolbar to switch to list view, then you will find the "Study" button. List view is the default mode, and many features are only available in list view:
For both "System Library" and "My Games": filter by tags, show favorites, SRS study, view folder info(statistics, test mode)
For "My Games": Move, Copy, Delete, Export, Import, New game, New Folder, Open Built-In browser

Post #143 Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:58 pm 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 5
Was liked: 7
I like fiddling with how things look so adjusting the space between stones sounded fun. I am an artist at heart so appreciate the small aesthetic details. I did write a rather lengthy review quite awhile ago ;D

Post #144 Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:58 am 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 318
Was liked: 345
xiangz wrote:
Please go to a sub-folder, such as "Problem->Life and Death->Easy", if you still can't find "Study" button in the toolbar, you might use tile view, please tap the "list view" icon on the toolbar to switch to list view, then you will find the "Study" button. List view is the default mode, and many features are only available in list view
Thank you for your swift response. Yes, this was the problem.

I can't be the only one to have been confronted with this, and got lost. If you don't mind a friendly suggestion, if you can't fit all the menu items in tile mode, I'd suggest at least adding a "More" button that let's you access them.

All the best!

Post #145 Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:04 am 
Gosei

Liked others: 577
Was liked: 298
KGS: RBerenguel
Tygem: rberenguel
Wbaduk: JohnKeats
Kaya handle: RBerenguel
Online playing schedule: KGS on Saturday I use to be online, but I can be if needed from 20-23 GMT+1
wineandgolover wrote:
xiangz wrote:
Please go to a sub-folder, such as "Problem->Life and Death->Easy", if you still can't find "Study" button in the toolbar, you might use tile view, please tap the "list view" icon on the toolbar to switch to list view, then you will find the "Study" button. List view is the default mode, and many features are only available in list view

I can't be the only one to have been confronted with this, and got lost. If you don't mind a friendly suggestion, if you can't fit all the menu items in tile mode, I'd suggest at least adding a "More" button that let's you access them.

All the best!

Happened to me back when SRS was new, indeed :)

Post #146 Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:02 am 
Dies with sente

Progenitor wrote:
I like fiddling with how things look so adjusting the space between stones sounded fun. I am an artist at heart so appreciate the small aesthetic details. I did write a rather lengthy review quite awhile ago ;D

This feature will be included in the next update. Thanks for writing review.

Last edited by xiangz on Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post #147 Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:12 am 
Dies with sente

wineandgolover wrote:
xiangz wrote:

All the best!

It's not just about space. A lot of efforts are needed to implement new features in both views(tile and list), and I decided to leave the tile view as it is, only implement new features in the list view. As to SRS study, the next due time, failed flag are displayed only in list view.

Post #148 Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:19 pm 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 4
Was liked: 26
KGS: Nagilum
xiangz wrote:
Progenitor wrote:
All this talk about new features has me excited. Do you have any estimates when a new version will be ready.

Version 1.7.1 will be out soon, mainly about iOS 8, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 plus support. What particular new features are you waiting for?

I use EasyGo a lot for tsumego, so i love this app. But i use a big collection of problems. (>400) Some problems are pretty basic and there is no need to practice them any more because i see the solution at a first glance. The srs-algorithm is a good learning tool but i want concentrate on the problems that i have not mastered, yet.

It would be nice to have a fast way to exclude such problems from the study-mode. Perhaps a button to mark a problem as "mastered" (may favorite) or a general variable X in the options to specify that a problem will excluded from the study-mode when it is solved correctly X times.

Post #149 Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:42 pm 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 59
Was liked: 12
OGS: nemoutis
Online playing schedule: Mostly correspondence games.
Nagilum wrote:
xiangz wrote:
Progenitor wrote:
All this talk about new features has me excited. Do you have any estimates when a new version will be ready.

Version 1.7.1 will be out soon, mainly about iOS 8, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 plus support. What particular new features are you waiting for?

I use EasyGo a lot for tsumego, so i love this app. But i use a big collection of problems. (>400) Some problems are pretty basic and there is no need to practice them any more because i see the solution at a first glance. The srs-algorithm is a good learning tool but i want concentrate on the problems that i have not mastered, yet.

It would be nice to have a fast way to exclude such problems from the study-mode. Perhaps a button to mark a problem as "mastered" (may favorite) or a general variable X in the options to specify that a problem will excluded from the study-mode when it is solved correctly X times.

This would be nice in the basic problems as well. When I do a massive custom test, the Ko problems always tank my score because, well, there's no way to know that I'm supposed to do ko instead of something else. I'd love to be able to exclude specific problems or groups of problems from a study session.

Post #150 Posted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:41 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 288
Was liked: 65
OGS: Joellercoaster
SamT wrote:
the Ko problems always tank my score because, well, there's no way to know that I'm supposed to do ko instead of something else.

I suffer from this as well, but I don't think it's the problems' fault... :P

Post #151 Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:24 am 
Dies with sente

SamT wrote:
Nagilum wrote:

This would be nice in the basic problems as well. When I do a massive custom test, the Ko problems always tank my score because, well, there's no way to know that I'm supposed to do ko instead of something else. I'd love to be able to exclude specific problems or groups of problems from a study session.

Hi SamT and Nagilum,

I'll find a way to exclude problems from SRS Study and Test, maybe use tags. For SRS study, I think there should be an option to study problems in sub folders, just as custom test does. Too many items in the todo list...

This post by xiangz was liked by: Bonobo

Post #152 Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:07 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 485
Was liked: 166
KGS: aco
IGS: oca
OGS: oca
xiangz wrote:

Too many items in the todo list...

Hi xiangz,

Here is even one more ;-)
When finding a set of games using a tag, that would be fine to have the study button so that we can study that set of games (where all games are not in the same directory).

Post #153 Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:47 am 
Dies with sente

oca wrote:
xiangz wrote:

Too many items in the todo list...

Hi xiangz,

Here is even one more ;-)
When finding a set of games using a tag, that would be fine to have the study button so that we can study that set of games (where all games are not in the same directory).

Yes, I'll add it to todo list. When adding the tagging feature, I just wanted to release it ASAP, so I removed the study button when filtered by tag.

This post by xiangz was liked by 2 people: Bonobo, oca

Post #154 Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:36 pm 
Dies in gote

I really appreciate the work you've put into the app and the continued development.

Are there any plans to add additional problems? Possibly Fuseki or full board problems? With that being said does anyone have any recommendations for databases with good problem sets that I can download and import?

Post #155 Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:40 pm 
Dies in gote

I am currently inputing problems and one issue I am having is if the the board does not have a stone on line B it does not show the corner in problem view. Even using the custom crop function it cuts off the edge of the board so it is impossible to see what side the corner is when it auto rotates etc. Is there a way to fix this or a workaround?

Post #156 Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:58 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 485
Was liked: 166
KGS: aco
IGS: oca
OGS: oca
Progenitor wrote:
I am currently inputing problems and one issue I am having is if the the board does not have a stone on line B it does not show the corner in problem view. Even using the custom crop function it cuts off the edge of the board so it is impossible to see what side the corner is when it auto rotates etc. Is there a way to fix this or a workaround?

Hi, a quick workaround is to place a square in the corner

Post #157 Posted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:55 am 
Dies in gote

oca wrote:
Progenitor wrote:

Hi, a quick workaround is to place a square in the corner

That is a great workaround, thank you!

Post #158 Posted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:48 am 
Dies with sente

Progenitor wrote:

oca has mentioned a similar issue in this thread before, that is, the border might be just clipped out during auto zoom. I've fixed this in Version 1.7.1, which will be released soon. If the clipped region is close to the border, the border will be shown.

Post #159 Posted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:59 am 
Dies with sente

Progenitor wrote:
I really appreciate the work you've put into the app and the continued development.

Are there any plans to add additional problems? Possibly Fuseki or full board problems? With that being said does anyone have any recommendations for databases with good problem sets that I can download and import?

No plan yet. It really takes a lot of efforts to create quality problems. If anyone has original problems and would like to share or even sell in EasyGo, please contact me. (please make sure you OWN the problems or have the distribution rights, not just copied from books or somewhere else)

This post by xiangz was liked by: Bonobo

Post #160 Posted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:28 pm 
Dies in gote

xiangz wrote:
Progenitor wrote:

No plan yet. It really takes a lot of efforts to create quality problems. If anyone has original problems and would like to share or even sell in EasyGo, please contact me. (please make sure you OWN the problems or have the distribution rights, not just copied from books or somewhere else)

Sounds good. For the record, I would be willing to pay a reasonable price for a good set of add on problems.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next