All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: iPhone & iPod Apps: SmartGo Pro & SmartGo Kifu
Post #1 Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:29 pm 
Honinbo

Liked others: 1600
Was liked: 1711
KGS: Kirby
Tygem: 커비라고해
I may have brought it up before, but I would like to reiterate the fact that these two apps are excellent. They both include excellent tools for doing go problems and reviewing pro games. Wherever you go, you can study go with your iphone or ipad via an interface that blows every other go app I've tried from the app store out of the water.

To add to this, the customer support is excellent, as well. I was just in touch with the developer regarding a question about the software, and he fully addressed my concerns within minutes of asking.

I highly recommend these two apps, and can guarantee that they were worth the money to me. I'm sure anyone else that has tried these apps can attribute to the fact that it's some of the best go software out there in the Apple app store!

This post by Kirby was liked by: imabuddha

Post subject: Re: iPhone & iPod Apps: SmartGo Pro & SmartGo Kifu
Post #2 Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:39 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 127
Was liked: 94
Universal go server handle: tommyray (1d/2d)
I fully agree with Kirby. These apps are just the best on the mobile/tablet market and are worth every cent. iOS users are really lucky to have Anders Kierulf on their side ;). Sadly there is nothing comparable to SmartGo in terms of features and quality on the android or windowsmobile platform.

Post #3 Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:43 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 35
GD Posts: 265
KGS: jmp
IGS: jmpr
Kirby wrote:
... excellent tools for doing go problems ...

Until you can import your own problem sets I personally wouldn't call it an excellent tool for doing go problems. Anders has commented several times that this is one of the most requested features yet has not given any indication that he has any plans to work on it (which of course is his choice on how he prioritizes feature development, seems most of his focus presently is on the book app). If this feature is ever implemented it will go from a rarely used app to an everyday app for me.

Of course the features it does have are considered best in class for the app world, they just aren't features I use very often.

Post #4 Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:01 am 
Gosei

Liked others: 577
Was liked: 298
KGS: RBerenguel
Tygem: rberenguel
Wbaduk: JohnKeats
Kaya handle: RBerenguel
Online playing schedule: KGS on Saturday I use to be online, but I can be if needed from 20-23 GMT+1
As everyone else, I'm also impressed with the quality of the SmartGo apps. After trying almost all (I've reviewed a few, SmartGo Kifu included, check here), I agree that SmartGo has the most "I was missing this!" features. Adding problems is also something I'd love, but let's wait. I'd also love to save custom searches (like Seigen 1930-40), Anders has already said that he was looking into it (instead of game folders).

Just a big "Good work" to him, also for his SmartGo Books app (which has an updated version with more books and new options... Which are PRETTY good, it was something that annoyed me before... now it's solved :))

Post #5 Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:42 pm 
Beginner

Was liked: 0
Universal go server handle: frogola
I have been using smartgo kifu for a couple of weeks and cannot figure out how to enter text comments! Anyone can help tell me how?

Post #6 Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:48 pm 
Honinbo

Liked others: 1600
Was liked: 1711
KGS: Kirby
Tygem: 커비라고해
frogola wrote:
I have been using smartgo kifu for a couple of weeks and cannot figure out how to enter text comments! Anyone can help tell me how?

Tap the stone next to the player's name, and you can enter text.

Post #7 Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:54 pm 
Beginner

Was liked: 0
Universal go server handle: frogola
Thanks much!