Post #1 Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:55 pm 
Gosei

Liked others: 577
Was liked: 298
KGS: RBerenguel
Tygem: rberenguel
Wbaduk: JohnKeats
Kaya handle: RBerenguel
Online playing schedule: KGS on Saturday I use to be online, but I can be if needed from 20-23 GMT+1
I'm thinking about getting a joseki app for my iTouch or iPad. Looks like it's either igowin joseki for iTouch or BruGo joseki for iPad, anything else? Opinions?

Post subject: Re: Joseki app for iOS
Post #2 Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:22 pm 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 5
Was liked: 8
Hmm, or wait a bit for new EasyGo version and import Kogo's joseki sgf. If you cant wait, Brugo is better choice. Problem is that there arent updates for Brugo and you cant add your own variations :sad: Igowin is even worse.

Post #3 Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:40 am 
Dies with sente

Liked others: 12
Was liked: 49
The new version will be out soon.
And the kogo's joseki dictionary can be viewed correctly, however I have to disable the tree view. The current tree view implementation demands a lof of system memory, which might lead to app crash. It will take a lot of time to tune the tree view drawing, so for V1.1, the tree view is disabled for game file with big size. I'm sorry for that.

However, without tree view, it's impossible or not intuitive to select variations which are not actual move.(since it't not a move, it won't be displayed on the board with next move marker), I added a variation table to complement the tree view. Please see the below screenshots.

Attachment:
screenshot.jpg
screenshot.jpg [ 36.86 KiB | Viewed 4534 times ]

For the current node in the above screenshot, the children are all setup node, no actual moves, without the tree view, it's impossible to select these variations. (I checked SmartGo kifu, switch variation button seems not working in this situation) . Now with variation table, it's easy to select.

Attachment:
screenshot2.jpg
screenshot2.jpg [ 37.88 KiB | Viewed 4534 times ]

In v1.1, the next move marker can be turned on, off, or only show if there are multiple variations. If show, if there are markup already at the same position, a blue square will show, otherwise a small blue point will show.
By the way, if there are node name(SGF N[] property), node name will be also showed in variation table.

Another thing to point out, on iphone4, it takes 6-8 seconds to open kogo's joseki dictionary, on ipad2, about 3-4 seconds. I'll continue tuning it. Currently spliting the file for faster response is recommended.

This post by xiangz was liked by: RBerenguel

Post #4 Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:46 pm 
Gosei

Liked others: 577
Was liked: 298
KGS: RBerenguel
Tygem: rberenguel
Wbaduk: JohnKeats
Kaya handle: RBerenguel
Online playing schedule: KGS on Saturday I use to be online, but I can be if needed from 20-23 GMT+1
Awesome xiangz, I'm waiting for it eagerly! I have put it in SmartGo kifu, but browsing variations is quite a mess, so just patience for your next version :)