All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Anybody using RubyGo?
Post #1 Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:28 am 
Dies with sente

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 1
IGS: Alberich
Online playing schedule: IGS most weekdays
I installed Ruby and downloaded RubyGo the other day. It's very nice. I like the implementation of the mouse cursor and the stone visually just behind the cursor. A built in ghost stone cursor making it easier to locate where to put the stone on the board. Anyway, I'm posting this to ask if there's anybody who knows how to get RubyGo to remember the directory for GNU Go? Currently for some reason when I launch RubyGo, it doesn't "recall" the directory location of GNUgo making it tedious to constantly type in the location in order to play a game of Go. Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Anybody using RubyGo?
Post #2 Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:24 pm 
Beginner

Liked others: 1
Was liked: 0
KGS: 10k
Tygem: ?
IGS: ?
Wbaduk: ?
DGS: ?
OGS: ?
Universal go server handle: ?
Online playing schedule: Whenever
Alberich wrote:
I installed Ruby and downloaded RubyGo the other day. It's very nice. I like the implementation of the mouse cursor and the stone visually just behind the cursor. A built in ghost stone cursor making it easier to locate where to put the stone on the board. Anyway, I'm posting this to ask if there's anybody who knows how to get RubyGo to remember the directory for GNU Go? Currently for some reason when I launch RubyGo, it doesn't "recall" the directory location of GNUgo making it tedious to constantly type in the location in order to play a game of Go. Thanks.

I don't use it but I know of some other good ones... Dariush3d is 10k at best (3 levels and you can also give or take handicaps so technically it's for people from beginners to 1ks) I think and you can do stuff like atari go so first to capture wins or you can do one color go where all stones are white. Also playing online is good otherwise use pandanet if you don't like the internet