It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: GoGameGuru experience, mixed up order twice, advice needed
Post #1 Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:47 pm 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 0
I've recently purchased a board, bowls and stones from GoGameGuru.com. The package shipped relatively fast (the board was in a separate package from bowls and stones). However they mixed up my order and sent me wrong bowls. I wrote and got a reply from Younggil who was very helpful and offered to send me correct ones for free. Unfortunately when I received the second order it was a wrong color again. I wrote them again, couple times, and at this point they stopped replying to my emails, about 2 weeks now. I used the same email for original correspondence (mail at gogameguru.com)

Any advice? Unfortunately I purchased directly from gogameguru.com, if it was Amazon I could at least take it up with them.

[admin]
Email address modified so that it can't be harvested by a spambot ( replaced '@' with ' at ' ).
-JB
[/admin]

Post subject: Re: GoGameGuru experience, mixed up order twice, advice need
Post #2 Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:25 am 
Oza

Liked others: 1304
Was liked: 1128
I can feel your pain with the mixed up order, but my advice would be to stay patient. GGG is a reputable, but afaik very small company, and they might be swamped with something else atm. I would be very surprised if they did not get this sorted out fairly soon.

Post #3 Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:19 pm 
Oza

Liked others: 359
Was liked: 1019
KGS: Artevelde
OGS: Knotwilg
Online playing schedule: UTC 18:00 - 22:00
Indeed, both Younggil & David are extremely careful and reliable people, so keep your confidence. If it doesn't work out, let us know, I have a bit of a hotline with David but I reckon they're indeed swamped with the Relentless project right now.

Post #4 Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:37 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 93
Was liked: 55
Universal go server handle: swannod
It does seems like GoGameGuru is swamped, see https://www.reddit.com/r/baduk/comments ... ess_ebook/. I don't think anyone could have prepared themselves for the post AlphaGo interest.

Post #5 Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:55 am 
Beginner

Thank you all for the replies. I appreciate GGG store and what these guys are doing for the community. At the same time I'm not sure if I'm being treated fairly as a customer. My order was mixed up twice! The site advertises 30 day money back guarantee and is still accepting orders. If they are busy and swamped then maybe they should stop taking new orders. Should I wait for couple more months at which point I will not be able to even get my money back?

Post #6 Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:26 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 192
Was liked: 357
spalin wrote:
I appreciate GGG store and what these guys are doing for the community. At the same time I'm not sure if I'm being treated fairly as a customer.
You haven't being treated in the way that I would have liked and I'm sorry that this has happened. I've dealt with more than 500 emails already this week and if yours wasn't one of them I'm sorry about that. We will get to it as soon as we can and we've been working flat out for weeks. In terms of fairness to customers, I also have to try not to allow the people who are the loudest and most demanding make the experience worse for everyone else. A relatively small number of customers (not you) manage to cause us enough grief that everyone else suffers, though I try hard not to let that happen.

I'm only here, instead of dealing with other urgent issues, because another forum member was kind enough to let me know that there was a problem.

spalin wrote:
My order was mixed up twice! The site advertises 30 day money back guarantee and is still accepting orders.
I'm as unhappy as you are with our warehouse team for mixing up your order twice. After the first time, they would have received an error report and should have fixed any mislabeled products before shipping your replacement order. This probably happened because someone was stressed and didn't follow our business processes.

Everyone is under pressure right now. The factory is making many more mistakes than usual because the increased demand in Korea is huge, that flows through and causes more errors in the warehouse because things aren't packaged or labeled according to our specs, and everything eventually comes back to Younggil and I to deal with. I set GGG up to be able to scale, but it only works when people follow the system -- which isn't happening right now. It probably would have been better if we hadn't tried to restock at all.

In any case, many people who are new to the Go community don't seem to realize that we're not some sort of uncaring monolith like Amazon and that they don't have to argue with us or try to publicly shame us to be treated fairly. Five separate messages won't receive a response any faster than one will and the 30 day period is irrelevant in this case (especially if a delay is caused by us). If you have a problem with your order we will fix it regardless of how much time has elapsed and that's always been the case.

If you (or any other customer) want a refund right now you can email me at 'david' at our domain name and I'll refund you and close the case. That inbox is not as full right now. I'm sorry, but I have no way of knowing who you are based on this forum post and figuring it out would require reading hundreds of emails.

spalin wrote:
If they are busy and swamped then maybe they should stop taking new orders.
Your wish will be granted soon enough.

Go Game Guru: Learn Go | How to Get Better at Go | Go Game Shop | Go Boards | Baduk TV

This post by gogameguru was liked by 4 people: Bonobo, Jnkstry, SoDesuNe, sybob

Post #7 Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:12 pm 
Beginner

Bump

Post #8 Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:42 am 
Beginner

For those who are interested, its been 3 months since my order got mixed up. And 2 months since my last communication with David. Any advice? How much more should I wait? Should I just take it up with my credit card company?

Post #9 Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:10 am 
Oza

Liked others: 662
Was liked: 442
Universal go server handle: Boidhre
spalin wrote:
For those who are interested, its been 3 months since my order got mixed up. And 2 months since my last communication with David. Any advice? How much more should I wait? Should I just take it up with my credit card company?

Email again asking for a refund from their side and give them some time before you think about doing a chargeback through the bank. The latter can really hurt companies. He offered to do one through the "david email" above.

This post by Boidhre was liked by: Bonobo

Post #10 Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:47 am 
Beginner

Liked others: 2
Was liked: 5
KGS: 6
2 months since last communications??... that's way too much, pretty dissapointed. The only reason I wouldn't fix things with the bank inmediatly is the good image of GGG in this forum (so I assume it has to be a one in a million case) but even with that into account... I'd give them one week top to at least answer/contact me. Good luck and very sorry for all your troubles!

Post #11 Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:30 am 
Dies with sente

Liked others: 8
Was liked: 9
KGS: kaimat
Online playing schedule: KGS most nights after 8pm CST. Sundays available anytime but on in the morning and evening.
I may be misunderstanding the situation, but it sounds like you purchased a pair of bowls and they have now sent you two sets of bowls that are a different color. This difference in color has caused you a lot of stress, sadness, and anger because they cost many precious dollars.

But maybe it's time to just forget about it and move on with your life.

It's like they say, "Two pairs of bowls in the hand is better than...well, you get it."