It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: GoUniverse (New KGS client)
Post #1 Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:57 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 127
Was liked: 175
KGS: KOCMOHABT
I'm working on new KGS-client. It's open source https://github.com/IlyaKirillov/GoUniverse

Chrome Extension

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... ldbkhhj?hl

Here is a video review (it's in russian, but there is nothing such that it would not be clear from the video itself)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M09uok5C4R8&feature=gp-n-y&google_comment_id=z13bxlhphkuhttp0h22bspx4fyiajd1mg

PS: The main advantage of the new client:
1. You won't need java anymore
2. If you can't use standard KGS-client because of closed ports, that won't be a problem anymore with the new client.

Last edited by KOCMOHABT on Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This post by KOCMOHABT was liked by 13 people: Bonobo, Charlie, Chidorin, Dunkel, eyecatcher, gamesorry, Go_Japan, Gotraskhalana, Kirby, Koosh, Mef, pocketMAD, yoyoma

Post subject:
Post #2 Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:54 am 
Honinbo

Liked others: 349
Was liked: 2076
GD Posts: 312
Thank you! :) :clap:

Quick questions/comments:

- Is there an option for the very basic Black & White circles for the stones ? :black: and :white: ? ( Not 3D, not "fake" clamshell grains )

- Perhaps a window of a watching a live game earlier in the video ( instead of over 9 minutes into the video ), since many people would like to see how a game looks. :)

Thank you!

This post by EdLee was liked by: KOCMOHABT

Post subject: Re: GoUniverse (New KGS client)
Post #3 Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:09 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 34
Was liked: 52
Really amazing so far. I would actually play on KGS with that. Looks like you added some really great features that are not even available on current systems. Well done.
:bow:

It seems like it is not completely done yet, because I didn't see how you start your own game or use automatch. I assume those things are still coming down the road.

This post by Go_Japan was liked by: KOCMOHABT

Post #4 Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:06 am 
Lives with ko

In the very first version, you can only chat in rooms (and private chats) and watch other games. I'm developing it just for a month, so not so much functionality impemented yet, but i will work hard and i will update it as soon as possible.

EdLee wrote:
- Is there an option for the very basic Black & White circles for the stones ? and ? ( Not 3D, not "fake" clamshell grains )

Yes there is such option. I'm using my own board http://webgoboard.com/19 go to settings (settings button on the right)->Color scheme->Simple color/white black.

This post by KOCMOHABT was liked by: Bonobo

Post #5 Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:11 pm 
Gosei

Liked others: 111
Was liked: 314
nice looking demo

This post by Javaness2 was liked by: KOCMOHABT

Post #6 Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:08 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 82
Was liked: 65
\yay/

looks good so far

This post by Nyanjilla was liked by: KOCMOHABT

Post subject:
Post #7 Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:15 am 
Honinbo

KOCMOHABT wrote:
Yes there is such option.
Great! Thanks.
KOCMOHABT wrote:
I'm using my own board
Perhaps in the future you could also add an option for a 'simple', solid-color board ( kind of light brown, to mimic kaya :) ) -- or, have a color wheel so the user can pick exactly their favorite color for the board.

( In the future if there's an option for a good quality (kaya) board, that's great, too! :) )

But, the basic functions first, of course. Thanks.

Post #8 Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:56 am 
Dies with sente

Liked others: 141
Was liked: 19
Universal go server handle: eyecatcher
Wow, really amazing work. :bow:
Can`t wait to try it out

This post by eyecatcher was liked by: KOCMOHABT

Post #9 Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:54 pm 
Dies with sente

Liked others: 5
Was liked: 13
KGS: ZeroKun
You can try it out here

http://gou.coildomain.com/

This post by ZeroKun was liked by 6 people: Bonobo, EdLee, floating, Go_Japan, KOCMOHABT, yoyoma

Post subject:
Post #10 Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:16 pm 
Honinbo

Hi ZeroKun, Thanks! :)

Look forward to:
  • Stone click sound; stone capture sound; :)
  • Open Games Room, Active Games Room;
  • Play :)

Thanks.

Post subject:
Post #11 Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:28 pm 
Honinbo

Hi KOCMOHABT,

( I know it's still very early -- only 1 month! :) --
but I'll include interesting bugs as they appear... :) )

Multiple displays of private chat text:
I typed the following text only once --
( iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x, Safari )
Attachment:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 56.62 KiB | Viewed 62965 times ]

Post subject:
Post #12 Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:39 pm 
Honinbo

Hi KOCMOHABT,

Feature request: :)

Double-Tap can mean something special to some mobile browsers (e.g. iOS Safari, Android Chrome ) -- so I'm currently unable to watch any games on a touch-screen mobile device, because the browser interprets the double-tap as a special function. :)

Would be nice to have a secondary method to watch a game --
e.g. Click+Hold a game to open a menu; or, a button next to each open game to watch it.

Thanks. :)

This post by EdLee was liked by 2 people: ez4u, KOCMOHABT

Post #13 Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:21 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 13
Was liked: 9
Very very nice! Thank you for the great client. Many things are done exactly how I also would want them to be done. You have a good vision. I post here my thoughts about areas of improvements. They are just my opinions, and perhaps some or most of them are not what most people want, but just laying them down in case.

Main room:

- version number maybe into some corner or somewhere. Now when, thanks to Zerokun!, it is easier for a layman to try the client, it could be easier to keep track for everyone when reporting bugs or feature requests maybe.

- The tab list for rooms could stay maximized when I click another room to open it. Now it doesn't matter whether I have it maximized or minimized, when I switch rooms, it will go to 'minimized' view.

- The tab list is not showing all rooms I have open (even when maximized), when I zoom in the page (or lower resolution). It shows some 11 first ones on the list. This problem probably concerns only those that have a lot of rooms open. I have 23 rooms. You have already added a neat feature to organize the rooms by allowing to move the room to the top of the list, which would help me by moving the more important to the top, but this behaviour doesnt persist when re-login.

- The games list and the chatrooms are currently divided horizontally with around 50/50 ratio. Would be nice to optionally be able to resize the ratio. I am thinking of seeing 2/3 or 3/4 of screen being occupied by the chatrooms, and only small portion visible for the running games.

- Personally I like this approach of showing the 'active games' and the chatrooms in the same view, rather than like in the original kgs where you see the chatroom, and the games played in that chatroom in one view. I bet someone though would want to filter only games played in some certain room. I am thinking of some filter text field on the "Room" tab, where you could type in text and it would filter games from rooms that match the text. Maybe it's useless, I don't know. At least I prefer this choice of chatroom + active games in same view!

- games' time settings on the active games list, like in cgoban-h. Sometimes when you want to observe a slower game, you wouldn't need to open the game and see their time settings, but instead see it on the games list already.

The game window:

Must start by saying that playing out sequences or using editing tools while observing a game by simply just playing out moves or edits is just fantastic!! Simple idea and it just works. Also very easy to jump to the actual game line by clicking the tree view.

- I would like to be able to view the list of users who are observing the game. I can't seem to find the list anywhere. If not done yet, I guess it is going to be done conventionally by adding another column to the rightside of the chat area? Anyway, keeping it optional to toggle the users list on and off would be nice too.

- About the black top bar visible in main room and game window:

In the game window during own games (when they're added), when you play with a small device, every millimeter counts towards convenience. Currently the black bar is restricting the maximum height of the board a little bit, so if there was a button that you could use to hide the top bar and give the maximum possible size for the board, it would be nice.

player info:

- The feature in original kgs client, where you can browse the game history of a user through their user info page is quite nice. I can see that you are listing the most recent games with either W or L, which is nice, but not as informative as with the original client. I am all for the philosophy for not adding features that will create unnecessary bulkiness, but I think here some more convenience wouldn't hurt. Maybe you just yet had not got to that part to add this feature, but if it is becoming too heavy with it, maybe add another button inside the user info popup that loads another popup listing the game history, or just simply a hyperlink to a users kgs archive page, eg. https://www.gokgs.com/gameArchives.jsp?user=thecaptain

Bulkiness:

- On my rather low end pc, opening multiple games simultaneously, there is a slight lag when switching between games. It is still usable, but the memory footprint is ~400M with 3 open games. In OGS, 3 open games and the chatroom in 4 separate tabs consumes total of ~300M. The kgsleben browser with observing 3 running games starts with around 75M, but after 5 minutes it is at 100M. However kgsleben seems less polished at this point, so maybe their mem footprint will be on the rise aswell.

Internal error: Check webapp logs:

- Zerokun, I got logged out and had that message. Guess there's nothing I can do to help debug it.

This post by floating was liked by: KOCMOHABT

Post #14 Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:40 am 
Lives with ko

ZeroKun wrote:
You can try it out here

At least you could ask me before publishing this. I would not want users to see the unfinished version, and i wanted to publish the very first version by my own. But what's done is done. By the way you have to to open all of your code under the license agreement.

PS: I am not angry, but i'm not rly happy, that someone publishes a buggy version and don't ask me this about.

This post by KOCMOHABT was liked by 2 people: Bonobo, Go_Japan

Post subject: Re:
Post #15 Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:15 am 
Lives with ko

EdLee wrote:
Hi KOCMOHABT,

Feature request: :)

Double-Tap can mean something special to some mobile browsers (e.g. iOS Safari, Android Chrome ) -- so I'm currently unable to watch any games on a touch-screen mobile device, because the browser interprets the double-tap as a special function. :)

Would be nice to have a secondary method to watch a game --
e.g. Click+Hold a game to open a menu; or, a button next to each open game to watch it.

Thanks. :)

I will think this about. In real i didn't expected to run the client not on a PC on this state. I was going to create a good PC version and after that improve it for phones and over mobile devices.

floating wrote:
- version number maybe into some corner or somewhere.

It will be in one of the future versions.

floating wrote:
- The tab list for rooms could stay maximized when I click another room to open it. Now it doesn't matter whether I have it maximized or minimized, when I switch rooms, it will go to 'minimized' view.

I thinking about an option in the settings for this. (checkbox Minimize only by clicking button)

floating wrote:
- The tab list is not showing all rooms I have open (even when maximized), when I zoom in the page (or lower resolution). It shows some 11 first ones on the list. This problem probably concerns only those that have a lot of rooms open. I have 23 rooms. You have already added a neat feature to organize the rooms by allowing to move the room to the top of the list, which would help me by moving the more important to the top, but this behaviour doesnt persist when re-login.

All tabs that you are moving will be stored in local cache, but not in the first version, i was thinking about this too.

floating wrote:
- The games list and the chatrooms are currently divided horizontally with around 50/50 ratio. Would be nice to optionally be able to resize the ratio. I am thinking of seeing 2/3 or 3/4 of screen being occupied by the chatrooms, and only small portion visible for the running games.

Will be in one of the future versions

floating wrote:
- Personally I like this approach of showing the 'active games' and the chatrooms in the same view, rather than like in the original kgs where you see the chatroom, and the games played in that chatroom in one view. I bet someone though would want to filter only games played in some certain room. I am thinking of some filter text field on the "Room" tab, where you could type in text and it would filter games from rooms that match the text. Maybe it's useless, I don't know. At least I prefer this choice of chatroom + active games in same view!

Yeah, i was thinking about this too, i will let user to choose "classic KGS games list" or this new one.

floating wrote:
- games' time settings on the active games list, like in cgoban-h. Sometimes when you want to observe a slower game, you wouldn't need to open the game and see their time settings, but instead see it on the games list already.

There is no such info about game in the games list. I need to ask Shubert to add this in his protocol.

The game window:
floating wrote:
Must start by saying that playing out sequences or using editing tools while observing a game by simply just playing out moves or edits is just fantastic!! Simple idea and it just works. Also very easy to jump to the actual game line by clicking the tree view.

It will be much easy to jump to the actual game line in the real one first version. Just wait xD

floating wrote:
- I would like to be able to view the list of users who are observing the game. I can't seem to find the list anywhere. If not done yet, I guess it is going to be done conventionally by adding another column to the rightside of the chat area? Anyway, keeping it optional to toggle the users list on and off would be nice too.

This WILL be in the first version.

floating wrote:
- About the black top bar visible in main room and game window:

In the game window during own games (when they're added), when you play with a small device, every millimeter counts towards convenience. Currently the black bar is restricting the maximum height of the board a little bit, so if there was a button that you could use to hide the top bar and give the maximum possible size for the board, it would be nice.

I will think about this

floating wrote:
- The feature in original kgs client, where you can browse the game history of a user through their user info page is quite nice. I can see that you are listing the most recent games with either W or L, which is nice, but not as informative as with the original client. I am all for the philosophy for not adding features that will create unnecessary bulkiness, but I think here some more convenience wouldn't hurt. Maybe you just yet had not got to that part to add this feature, but if it is becoming too heavy with it, maybe add another button inside the user info popup that loads another popup listing the game history, or just simply a hyperlink to a users kgs archive page, eg. https://www.gokgs.com/gameArchives.jsp?user=thecaptain

This will be in the second version for sure. I just thought, that this is not so important for the first version.

floating wrote:
- On my rather low end pc, opening multiple games simultaneously, there is a slight lag when switching between games. It is still usable, but the memory footprint is ~400M with 3 open games. In OGS, 3 open games and the chatroom in 4 separate tabs consumes total of ~300M. The kgsleben browser with observing 3 running games starts with around 75M, but after 5 minutes it is at 100M. However kgsleben seems less polished at this point, so maybe their mem footprint will be on the rise aswell.

I'll check that i can do with that.

This post by KOCMOHABT was liked by 2 people: Bonobo, floating

Post #16 Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:36 am 
Dies with sente

KOCMOHABT wrote:
ZeroKun wrote:
You can try it out here

At least you could ask me before publishing this. I would not want users to see the unfinished version, and i wanted to publish the very first version by my own. But what's done is done. By the way you have to to open all of your code under the license agreement.

PS: I am not angry, but i'm not rly happy, that someone publishes a buggy version and don't ask me this about.

You published the code for us to use and setup, I don't see why you wouldn't expect someone to host it.

Post #17 Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:01 am 
Lives with ko

ZeroKun wrote:
KOCMOHABT wrote:
ZeroKun wrote:
You can try it out here

You published the code for us to use and setup, I don't see why you wouldn't expect someone to host it.

It's ok, you could just ask me. I just don't want to ppl to see the bad version. Btw, are you going to host it forever? Can I use your /access if metakgs would be unavailable?

PS: Why did u called it "gou." but not "gouniverse."? :) The name of another client you did not cut

Post #18 Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:25 am 
Dies with sente

KOCMOHABT wrote:
ZeroKun wrote:
KOCMOHABT wrote:

It's ok, you could just ask me. I just don't want to ppl to see the bad version. Btw, are you going to host it forever? Can I use your /access if metakgs would be unavailable?

For the time being I don't expect this to disappear, open to all. If you think this is bad, I wonder how good the good version will be :)

Post #19 Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:29 am 
Lives with ko

ZeroKun wrote:
For the time being I don't expect this to disappear, open to all. If you think this is bad, I wonder how good the good version will be :)

some improvements when viewing a game (at least players list), beauty default pictures for players and bots, and the fixing some bugs :) You can upgrade version right now, and players list will show up in the game room.

Post #20 Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:11 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 1
Was liked: 63
Universal go server handle: Ootakamoku
Should enable coordinates when watching games, and disable them when playing games, by default.
Since its practically impossible to kibitz without coordinates, yet not really used for anything while playing on self, except maybe teaching games.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next