All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Download of tygem games?
Post #1 Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:30 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 6
Was liked: 31
KGS: 2d
Hi there.

There are good players on tygem who have more than 10K games. Is there any tool to download all the games so that one can implement and study them in databases like mastergo?

Post subject: Re: Download of tygem games?
Post #2 Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:35 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 127
Was liked: 94
Universal go server handle: tommyray (1d/2d)
I don't think there is such a tool. I think it's better to buy SmartGo, GoGod CD, or MoyoGoStudio. All packed up with thousands of pro games. SmartGo has more than 60 000 thousand of them. And mobile version of SmartGo is just a top notch of mobile Go software. XGoo has a good amount of games too (but it is mobile only software).
For downloading a games I recommend gokifu.com, but if you want something for pattern searching then apps mentioned above are the best.

I just remembered I have Tygem high dan games packed in 54MB file (got it with MoyoGo). I don't remember how many games there are but probably a lot :)

Post #3 Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:30 pm 
Lives in gote

Well, I look for a special player on tygem: joonki = Seo Nungwuk. I study him since I like his style and he has over 10000 games at tygem, so it would be great to download his game and then analyze it with SmartGo, MasterGo or whatever. Such a feature is definitely missing....

How did u get all those Tygem games?

Post #4 Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:01 am 
Lives in gote

Few years ago when I was buying MoyoGoStudio there was also an option to buy additional game packs. It's highly probably and I'm rather sure this game pack is not copyrighted in any way so I think I can share it with you. It has 21763 games of 8dan&9dan since 2002 till 2005.

I checked it once more a minute ago and this is not sgf files bundle - it is exe file that install new database into MoyoGoStudio. So unless you have this app installed, this gamepack is rather useless...

Last edited by lobotommy on Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post #5 Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:20 am 
Lives in gote

lobotommy wrote:
Few years ago when I was buying MoyoGoStudio there was also an option to buy additional game packs. It's highly probably and I'm rather sure this game pack is not copyrighted in any way so I think I can share it with you. It has 21763 games of 8dan&9dan since 2002 till 2005.

I checked it once more a minute ago and this is not sgf files bundle - it is exe file that install new database into MoyoGoStudio. So unless you have this app installed, this gamepack is rather useless...

Well, this is rather interesting, because it means somehow it must be possible to download tygem game packages. I can't imagine Frank or one of his partners sitting there and singlehandily downloading 21763 games^^. The same goes for KGS since I know there is a guy who offers KGS games (u-go.net/gamerecords). They must use some kind of scripts around....

Post #6 Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:10 am 
Lives in gote

I checked MoyoGo Studio and there are:
429 pro vs pro games with Seo Neung-uk
1767 Tygem games of joonki

Probably I could extract these games for you, one by one... :) Interested?

Post #7 Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:46 pm 
Lives in gote

lobotommy wrote:
I checked MoyoGo Studio and there are:
429 pro vs pro games with Seo Neung-uk
1767 Tygem games of joonki

Probably I could extract these games for you, one by one... :) Interested?

Thank you lobo, that's very kind of you to offer, but you don't need to do it since I also have moyogo :). I'll check it out. I did also write the guy with the KGS games, maybe he can give some advice.

Post #8 Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:22 pm 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 3
hi,

the tygem games can be found here: http://baduk.sourceforge.net/

I'm the author of that software and downloaded the tygem games from server.

To be able to download games you need to register, it's a small fee for a months subscription, a few pounds/dollars.

I used an automated bot to do all the clicks and saves.

I recently got back into tygem after a few years from playing go, and looked at a joonki game tonight. Sheer madness the fighting and the speed he reads out sequences. He's not 9P for nothing. Great entertainment!

Enjoy the games!

This post by badukjunkie was liked by 2 people: Drew, wineandgolover

Post #9 Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:40 pm 
Lives in gote

@badukjunie: Great stuff. How many games could a bot (theoretically) harvest from Tygem in that way? I'm still dreaming of databases like with 1 Mio. games of 7d+^^. I think I need to check how to subscribe there.

Also: Can u describe how a bot is able to download & save automatically. I am not a programmer, but one day I wanna download all my games from certain servers. That'd be like 5000 games and a tools that helps me to prevent to click all the stuff 5000*x times would be helpful. It it a complex program? Is it easy to write? Are there samples out there in the internet?

And yes, joonki is a monster^^. I like him, because he's a fighter and he always uses the same openings, so that you can learn a lot, if you use the same openings.

Post #10 Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:24 pm 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 3
It did take up quite a bit of my time for a couple of days, but was worth it to get a good little collection of korean games for the benefit of learning go.

I harvested the games before the tygem global client was released but it should be the same process. The process involves this:

1. Finding a user with lots of games (for example, joonki) and opening their games history list.
2. Get an 'auto keybot', I forget which one I used.
3. Put the bot in train mode, right click on game, save, (bot enters #number into filename), enter to save, scroll down list by one, increase #number.
4. edit the trained program to make it repeat many times.
5. test it out a bit to make sure it works, finding the right delays between keystrokes and mouse clicks is the 'key' to making the script work right.

Something like the above should work, it's really not that difficult. A bit of patience/dedication/go addiction, take your pick, should do it.

I did ask Tygem directly about getting some games but the communication barrier, english/korean, was too high.

yeah, joonki has mybe 11000 games now on tygem, not sure if its possible to get them all, going back over the years.

This post by badukjunkie was liked by: Drew