It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: AGM 2016
Post #1 Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:53 am 
Gosei

Liked others: 111
Was liked: 314
The agenda for the Annual General Meeting has been posted at https://docs.google.com/document/d/17ZY ... WaEIo/edit

There doesn't seem to be many items for discussion this year, maybe they will be lucky and have a short meeting.

Item 6 sees Georgia and Macedonia asking for admission. Ready to be kicked out is Azerbaijan.
Item 11 c discusses what to do with the DeepMind grant, I hope something useful is done with this money!
Regarding the motions from members, there are 3.
The BGA has one which seems rather confused and actually inadmissible at this AGM. Maybe somebody else understands why the constitution must be reinterpreted, but I don't.
Lorenz Trippel submits one about rating resets which seems fairly reasonable.
The last motion is missing any explanation, so it is hard to comment on it. Regarding regulation of the EGC prize pools, I don't know who in the EGC they expect to regulate them, or how.
Quote:
Ali Jabarin (and EGF pros: Ilya Shikshin, Artem Kachanovskyi, Pavol Lisy, Mateusz Surma):
Creation of EGF pro committee
Regulation of EGC prizepools and support of top european players

Post subject: Re: AGM 2016
Post #2 Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:56 am 
Dies with sente

Liked others: 9
Was liked: 22
Quote:
Item 11 c discusses what to do with the DeepMind grant, I hope something useful is done with this money!

It appears the the EGF Executive has decided, although apparently there has been no communication with its members about the intentions.

Quote:
The BGA has one which seems rather confused and actually inadmissible at this AGM. Maybe somebody else understands why the constitution must be reinterpreted, but I don't.

The Constitution requires the election of the members of the Executive with a three year term. Unfortunately, the way this is implemented is that ALL the members are subject to election/re-election on the same schedule, so that elections only take place every 3 years.

Electing one-third of the Executive each year has the following advantages:-
a) it permits possible new members of the Executive to stand for election each year
b) It gives the membership a vote in each year (at Liberec there was some unhappiness that there was to be no election for Executive Members)
c) It provides continuity for the Executive and avoids the risk of a large-scale change in personnel every 3 years

Jon

Post #3 Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:25 am 
Gosei

Maybe they will tell all at the AGM. I can see what the BGA proposal is asking for, it is not unreasonable. What is not clear is that it is admissible at the AGM, as it appears to be proposing a change to the constitution which has been already accepted. It would have been nice to have had some accompanying explanation around that issue.

mumps wrote:
Quote:

It appears the the EGF Executive has decided, although apparently there has been no communication with its members about the intentions.

Quote:

The Constitution requires the election of the members of the Executive with a three year term. Unfortunately, the way this is implemented is that ALL the members are subject to election/re-election on the same schedule, so that elections only take place every 3 years.

Electing one-third of the Executive each year has the following advantages:-
a) it permits possible new members of the Executive to stand for election each year
b) It gives the membership a vote in each year (at Liberec there was some unhappiness that there was to be no election for Executive Members)
c) It provides continuity for the Executive and avoids the risk of a large-scale change in personnel every 3 years

Jon

Post #4 Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:54 am 
Dies with sente

Quote:
Maybe they will tell all at the AGM. I can see what the BGA proposal is asking for, it is not unreasonable. What is not clear is that it is admissible at the AGM, as it appears to be proposing a change to the constitution which has been already accepted. It would have been nice to have had some accompanying explanation around that issue.

It's not an amendment to the Constitution, just to the Regulations.

I think the original proposal did include some appropriate explanation, which has obviously been lost somewhere...

Post #5 Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:11 am 
Gosei

I see. That still leaves me slightly confused though. If you change the general regulations that's all well and good, but how do they come into effect without a change in the constitution? Aren't you still caught in a Catch22 position where 3.4.4 is still in effect?

Post #6 Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:37 pm 
Dies with sente

Javaness2 wrote:
I see. That still leaves me slightly confused though. If you change the general regulations that's all well and good, but how do they come into effect without a change in the constitution? Aren't you still caught in a Catch22 position where 3.4.4 is still in effect?

General regulations come into effect immediately I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post #7 Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:47 am 
Gosei

I don't know, but I worry about
Quote:
The application of this Constitution is determined by the General Meeting through the General Regulations and Appendices, whose provisions are adopted by simple majority. Should there be any discrepancies between the two, the Constitution shall prevail.

Post #8 Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:12 pm 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 39
Was liked: 44
Universal go server handle: Jhyn
Javaness2 wrote:
Ready to be kicked out is Azerbaijan.

Sorry for hijacking the discussion. Do you have any more detailed info about this?

Post #9 Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:41 pm 
Oza

Liked others: 2337
Was liked: 1332
KGS: ez4u
Jhyn wrote:
Javaness2 wrote:
Ready to be kicked out is Azerbaijan.

Sorry for hijacking the discussion. Do you have any more detailed info about this?

Read the document! "...didn’t pay fees for the last 3 years..."

Post #10 Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:02 pm 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 39
Was liked: 44
Universal go server handle: Jhyn
ez4u wrote:
Read the document! "...didn’t pay fees for the last 3 years..."

Apologies, I didn't read it carefully enough. (it looked like a table of contents without detailed items, so I skimmed through it). Thanks for the info.

Post #11 Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:10 pm 
Gosei

Creation of EGF pro committee now is a written proposal, but it seems again to me to disrupt the constitution (not that anyone cares about the EGF's rules). I suppose it is reasonable what they suggest.
There is also a proposal to make fixed prizes for the Euro Congress, this also doesn't seem that unreasonable - but then again, what will happen if the organisers are unable to meet such fees - or feel they are unable to. Can this end up being a way to kill interest in running the EGC? I actually think it is the responsibility of the EGF Committee to guarantee prizes - not the crazy people who are EGC organisers.

Post #12 Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:57 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 162
Was liked: 15
Universal go server handle: betterlife
The agenda 2016 is almost complete. I added the two proposals from Ali Jabarin (together with the other 4 Egf pros). There is also a report from the EGF Academy (Viktor Lin) and a report from the congress advisor Manja Marz. I'm still waiting for the report of the European Go Database (EGD, Aldo Podavini). The report from the appeals commission will be also delayed. I've got the balance today and will publish this soon togehter with the balance of the last congress, not online but via email to all member countries. Lorenz (EGF Secretary)

Post #13 Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:13 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 1
Was liked: 6
betterlife wrote:
The agenda 2016 is almost complete.

will there be a European Student Go Team League 2016/17 (decided)?

Post #14 Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:54 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 162
Was liked: 15
Universal go server handle: betterlife
karlsgo wrote:
betterlife wrote:
The agenda 2016 is almost complete.

will there be a European Student Go Team League 2016/17 (decided)?

Good question! There are actually two eurpean student team tournaments. One will take place in Petrosavodsk in September and the other one is online.

There was no application to hold the real life event in 2017 but i guess it will be after the congress in 2017 so it still can be applied for it / be decided then?!

The online event will happen again. Both organizers are commited to make it happen again.