It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Brady's Blunders
Post #61 Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:18 pm 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 318
Was liked: 345
Knotwilg wrote:
Very instructive, Brady. Impressive set of videos!

Thanks. I've been putting more time into the videos than playing lately. That needs to change. :)

Post subject: Brady's Blunders 27 - Reading In the Opening
Post #62 Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:56 am 
Lives in sente

Here is the video and associated sgf. Please feel free to reply to this post with any questions or comments. Note you must be a registered user of L19 to post. You can view the sgf or download it without registering.

Attachments:
Brady's Bliunders 27 to 28.sgf [10.51 KiB]
Downloaded 1366 times

This post by wineandgolover was liked by: Knotwilg

Post #63 Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:09 am 
Oza

Liked others: 359
Was liked: 1019
KGS: Artevelde
OGS: Knotwilg
Online playing schedule: UTC 18:00 - 22:00
Hi Brady

Another great video. I think these may be one of the most valuable series for amateur players to watch.

A remark: in the variation for :w16: I believe :b19: should be at what's marked as B. This way you get a similar result as what you said in another variation to give a not so great development for White's right side. Your shape is better, his liberties are reduced, there is no further pressure on your stones.

Cheers

Post #64 Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:53 pm 
Lives in sente

Knotwilg wrote:
Hi Brady

Another great video. I think these may be one of the most valuable series for amateur players to watch.

A remark: in the variation for :w16: I believe :b19: should be at what's marked as B. This way you get a similar result as what you said in another variation to give a not so great development for White's right side. Your shape is better, his liberties are reduced, there is no further pressure on your stones.

Cheers

Hi Knotwilg,

Thanks for your encouragement. It's much appreciated! Regarding move 19, you might be right because the outside stones aren't identical, but the position came from a current front-runner for game of the year, 20th Samsung Cup, semi-final 2, Shi Yue 9p (Black) vs. Tang Weixing 9p (White).

http://www.go4go.net/go/games/sgfview/51103

Thanks, again!

Post subject: Brady's Blunders 28 - More Rapid Fire Mistakes
Post #65 Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:27 am 
Lives in sente

Here is the video and associated sgf. Please feel free to reply to this post with any questions or comments. Note you must be a registered user of L19 to post. You can view the sgf or download it without registering.

Post #66 Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:59 pm 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 13
Was liked: 10
Your videos are excellent. You have an engaging, charismatic style to your teaching that makes it interesting to listen to you talk. I hope you keep on making new ones.

Post #67 Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:04 am 
Lives in sente

Dazz wrote:
Your videos are excellent. You have an engaging, charismatic style to your teaching that makes it interesting to listen to you talk. I hope you keep on making new ones.

Thank you, Dazz. I really appreciate the kind feedback.

Post subject: Brady's Blunders 29 - The Wrong Extension
Post #68 Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:06 am 
Lives in sente

Attachments:
Brady's Blunders 29 to 31.sgf [4.96 KiB]
Downloaded 1196 times

Post subject: Brady's Blunders 30 - Fight or Compromise?
Post #69 Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:31 pm 
Lives in sente

Post subject: Brady's Blunders 31 - Don't Despair, Find the Aji!
Post #70 Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:31 pm 
Lives in sente

This post by wineandgolover was liked by: wolfking

Post #71 Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:15 am 
Lives in sente

Post #72 Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:10 pm 
Oza

Liked others: 359
Was liked: 1019
KGS: Artevelde
OGS: Knotwilg
Online playing schedule: UTC 18:00 - 22:00
Great videos, again.

About the last one, isn't black a bit too thin globally to fight like you recommend?

My choice for a move was to either connect solidly in the upper left corner, to remove all aji, or take time off the upper left to spend another move on the thinness at the bottom.

Post subject: Brady's Blunders 34 - Abused by Taisha
Post #73 Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:47 pm 
Lives in sente

Attachments:
Brady's Blunders 34-38.sgf [7.23 KiB]
Downloaded 1293 times

Post subject: Brady's Blunders 35 - Countering Two Wide Extensions
Post #74 Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:13 am 
Lives in sente

Post subject: Re: Brady's Blunders 36 - A Trick Joseki
Post #75 Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:18 am 
Lives in sente

Post subject: Brady's Blunders 37 - We Both Blunder
Post #76 Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:30 am 
Lives in sente

Post subject: Brady's Blunders 38 - Deep Invasion Mistakes
Post #77 Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:36 am 
Lives in sente

Post subject: Brady's Blunders 39 - A Common Corner Variation
Post #78 Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:34 am 
Lives in sente

This post by wineandgolover was liked by: daal

Post subject: Brady's Blunders 40-43 belated post
Post #79 Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:15 am 
Lives in sente

Sorry folks, I have been away for a month and unable to post my sgf's here. Actually, I'm not really sorry. I was in Thailand getting married and honeymooning, so that was fantastic, and I have zero regrets.

I made a bunch of videos before leaving and posted two a week so my channel wouldn't die due to neglect. And now that I'm back, I am happy to post the first four videos and their associated sgf to L19.

I'll post the sgf for the next four tomorrow, when I post its final video.

If you are one of the three people who missed these videos being posted here and might have wished to watch them when they were posted, can I please suggest subscribing to my channel on YouTube.

Thanks!

Rebutting a Non-Joseki:

How To Invade Or Reduce:

Surviving a Stupid Invasion:

It's All About The Aji:

Attachments:
Brady's Blunders 40-43.sgf [12.18 KiB]
Downloaded 649 times

Post #80 Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:39 pm 
Honinbo

Liked others: 1600
Was liked: 1711
KGS: Kirby
Tygem: 커비라고해
wineandgolover wrote:
Sorry folks, I have been away for a month and unable to post my sgf's here. Actually, I'm not really sorry. I was in Thailand getting married and honeymooning, so that was fantastic, and I have zero regrets.

Congratulations, Brady :-)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next