All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello Everyone
Post #1 Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:51 pm 
Beginner

Liked others: 1
Was liked: 1
KGS: Maf
Hello everyone, MafDragun here!

I tried to take the username "Maf", but it was already taken. If it's not someone all that active, feel free to call me only Maf.

The reason I've registered after a few weeks of lurking is that I want to become stronger at this game. I have a tendency to not play for long periods of time, simply because I prefer playing with human opponents, but the opponents around where I live are either never there(There was a go club but no matter how often I go or post on their forums, there's never anyone around), or much weaker than I am(And I don't remember ever winning a game online against 30k's).

I'll be opening a thread in the appropriate subforums where I'll be posting a game a week, sometimes more, which means I'll have to play against online opponents and see new patterns rather than only those of my friends who only play go against me.

I'll have to rely on you for a while, because no matter what I do it seems like I can't get any better no matter how much I play against my friends, computers, or online. I've tried reading books and solving tsumegos but that didn't help either. I hope you'll be able to show me my mistakes in my games, or maybe my friend's mistakes so that I may help them get better. If that doesn't work, I hope you'll be able to show me a new path, because this is a game I came to love, but seeing no progress at all in my games made it somewhat annoying. I know many of you will be telling me to play more, but I already know that and that's the whole reason I'm posting on here, to give me another incentive to play. As to the 100 games, I've already played that many if not more :P

Well then, time to go and post my first game, I'll be putting a link in my signature when I'm done figuring out how to post SGFs.

Thank you all in advance for your help and your time.

This post by MafDragun was liked by: Bonobo

Post subject: Re: Hello Everyone
Post #2 Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:59 pm 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 318
Was liked: 345
Welcome. I hope you get all you wish from the board!

Post subject:
Post #3 Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:39 pm 
Honinbo

Liked others: 349
Was liked: 2076
GD Posts: 312
Welcome. :)

Post subject: Re: Hello Everyone
Post #4 Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:00 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 269
Was liked: 129