It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:17 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A new iPhone puzzle game influenced by Go
Post #1 Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:00 pm 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 2
While I love Go, I feel that it has a pretty high barrier to entry, and because of the large board size games can take quite some time to play.

The other day I was thinking that it would be cool to have a game similar to Go, where you fight for domination of space, yet more ‘casual’ in that almost anyone could jump right in, and play a game in a few minutes or less.

I ended up creating “Dokusen: The Art of Domination” which is a puzzle game for iPhone that has influences from Go, Othello, and other board games. “Dokusen” means “Domination” or "Monopoly" in Japanese, and sounds closer to “Doksen” when you pronounce it.

If you are interested, please check out the page on the Apple App Store here (the game is free with no ads or in-app purchases):

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dokusen ... 75892?mt=8

Preview video:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/1Q8FW-tCCjU

ImageImageImage

This post by locksleyu was liked by: Bonobo

Post subject: Re: A new iPhone puzzle game influenced by Go
Post #2 Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:17 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 10
Was liked: 1
KGS: AVAVT
I'm currently at level 19 and I must say I have absolutely no idea how this game work. Particularly about how the tiles spread...

Post #3 Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:08 pm 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 2
AVAVT wrote:
I'm currently at level 19 and I must say I have absolutely no idea how this game work. Particularly about how the tiles spread...

AVAVT, Thanks very much for trying my game. Since you got all the way to level 19 I think you already have a good intuitive grasp of the rules, though maybe a little persistence and luck helped.

To answer your question: a square will change ownership to whatever color is surrounding it on more sides (up, down, left, right) than any other color, excluding black.

I made a detailed post of the game's rules, along with screenshots and a short video. You can check it out if interested.

https://playthefieldgame.wordpress.com/ ... ay-basics/

Post #4 Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:41 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 10
Was liked: 1
KGS: AVAVT
I see, that make a lot of sense now. I think you could try giving a quick tutorial or short description of this rule in game, that would really help :)