It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A Daily Video Go Show !!!!
Post #1 Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:06 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 39
Was liked: 59
Universal go server handle: mw42
I'm posting this for the benefit of those who may not be aware of this recent video commentary endeavor of EuroGoTV. I watched the first of the series, and I must say that it was very entertaining! Thanks! :clap:

EuroGoTV wrote:
A Daily Video Go Show !!!!
Monday - Friday from 7pm at http://www.EuroGoTV.com

After the final play-offs for the Dutch Championships, in february of this year, KGS player 'Murugandi' (6d) and HW9x9 (weak) took the initiative of reviewing the decisive matches of the tournament. Live on videostream, the audience from KGS could watch the two players commenting on the exciting game between Peter Brouwer (6d) and what proved to be the Dutch champion of 2011, Merlijn Kuin (6d). Positive reactions followed and one of the videos was placed on the EuroGoTV website, where it got more than 300 views in just a few days. Enthusiastic watchers e-mailed the EuroGoTV team, asking for more.

Now, almost two months later, those wishes will finally be fulfilled!
In the shape of a fresh, daily video series, Murugandi and HW9x9 will work together and review games played by strong dan-players from big and interesting tournaments held all over Europe. The discussing of the games will focus on the basics of go, concerning aspects like making bases, watching out for your own weaknesses, how to use your own strength and cancel your opponents, and whole-board strategies like moyo. By emphasising the basic principles of go, and using proverbs and metaphores to clarify the explanations, they generally aim for an audience between 15kyu-1kyu, but also hope to entertain stronger players and positively stimulate complete beginners. The format of the interaction between the two reviewers is a parody on traditional Japanese go commentaries, consisting of one 'stupid' person, HW9x9, who asks all sorts of interesting and funny questions, who are then calmly answered by a stronger player, Murugandi.
With the help and support of the Dutch Go Association and the European Go Cultural Centre, we are able to provide you with new, hopefully exciting games every day from 7pm Amsterdam time. From monday to friday new videos will be uploaded on a daily basis in the Video section on the website, and old reviews are available to watch in the archive.

Feel free to let them know your thoughts and suggestions, and most of all, enjoy!

This post by mw42 was liked by 3 people: ez4u, gogameguru, hailthorn011

Post subject: Re: A Daily Video Go Show !!!!
Post #2 Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:37 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 66
Was liked: 6
KGS: mic
Thanks for pointing this out!

I watched the first few minutes and I enjoyed the commentary and their style. Hope we can see more of this videos!

Michael

Post #3 Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:58 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 31
Was liked: 12
GD Posts: 259
I like these comments so much. I like them cus they are dealing with games played by top European players, and because he reviews modern games(talking about some new fuseki, joseki etc.). Also, they seem to really listen to feedback sent by observers, and that is really nice. Also, I like the style so much. I suppose kyu players will get most out of this(bacuse of Harry's questions), but I also think low-mid dan players can also benefit from the reviews.

Post #4 Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:24 pm 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 183
Was liked: 100
Universal go server handle: hailthorn
mw42 wrote:
I'm posting this for the benefit of those who may not be aware of this recent video commentary endeavor of EuroGoTV. I watched the first of the series, and I must say that it was very entertaining! Thanks! :clap:

EuroGoTV wrote:
A Daily Video Go Show !!!!
Monday - Friday from 7pm at http://www.EuroGoTV.com

After the final play-offs for the Dutch Championships, in february of this year, KGS player 'Murugandi' (6d) and HW9x9 (weak) took the initiative of reviewing the decisive matches of the tournament. Live on videostream, the audience from KGS could watch the two players commenting on the exciting game between Peter Brouwer (6d) and what proved to be the Dutch champion of 2011, Merlijn Kuin (6d). Positive reactions followed and one of the videos was placed on the EuroGoTV website, where it got more than 300 views in just a few days. Enthusiastic watchers e-mailed the EuroGoTV team, asking for more.

Now, almost two months later, those wishes will finally be fulfilled!
In the shape of a fresh, daily video series, Murugandi and HW9x9 will work together and review games played by strong dan-players from big and interesting tournaments held all over Europe. The discussing of the games will focus on the basics of go, concerning aspects like making bases, watching out for your own weaknesses, how to use your own strength and cancel your opponents, and whole-board strategies like moyo. By emphasising the basic principles of go, and using proverbs and metaphores to clarify the explanations, they generally aim for an audience between 15kyu-1kyu, but also hope to entertain stronger players and positively stimulate complete beginners. The format of the interaction between the two reviewers is a parody on traditional Japanese go commentaries, consisting of one 'stupid' person, HW9x9, who asks all sorts of interesting and funny questions, who are then calmly answered by a stronger player, Murugandi.
With the help and support of the Dutch Go Association and the European Go Cultural Centre, we are able to provide you with new, hopefully exciting games every day from 7pm Amsterdam time. From monday to friday new videos will be uploaded on a daily basis in the Video section on the website, and old reviews are available to watch in the archive.

Feel free to let them know your thoughts and suggestions, and most of all, enjoy!

This is very cool!

Post #5 Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:29 am 
Oza

Liked others: 2338
Was liked: 1332
KGS: ez4u
I have been watching the first week of episodes. These are really enjoyable and highly recommendable to all! :clap:

Post #6 Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:00 pm 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 183
Was liked: 100
Universal go server handle: hailthorn
ez4u wrote:
I have been watching the first week of episodes. These are really enjoyable and highly recommendable to all! :clap:

Very amusing too. I never thought I'd laugh so much watching to people discuss a game of Go.

Post #7 Posted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:58 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 1
Was liked: 0
KGS: LordYunzi
Thank you, mw! Think I got addicted to it after the first video already :tmbup:

Post #8 Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 1:08 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 213
Was liked: 96
GD Posts: 325
Just one word: AWESOME!!

The way Murugandi explains the basics is just so helpful. There is almost no tactics in his explanations, mostly strategic considerations that are easy to follow, yet difficult to remember and apply in one's own games ;-).

A big thank you to HW9x9 and to Murugandi himself (KGS legend).

Post subject: In need of sponsors
Post #9 Posted: Wed May 11, 2011 5:53 am 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 353
Was liked: 107
GD Posts: 460
In the last session ( 8b - after 30:00 minutes ) Murugandi and HW9x9 announced that continuation of their show is not certain because of money issues. They need more sponsors than only the Dutch Go Association and the Eurorean Go Centre.
I watched all their shows the last few weeks and I liked them a lot. So who of L19x19 can find a sponsor or two?

Post subject: Re: In need of sponsors
Post #10 Posted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:47 am 
Oza

Liked others: 251
Was liked: 549
KGS: oren
Tygem: oren740, orenl
IGS: oren
Wbaduk: oren
cyclops wrote:
In the last session ( 8b - after 30:00 minutes ) Murugandi and HW9x9 announced that continuation of their show is not certain because of money issues. They need more sponsors than only the Dutch Go Association and the Eurorean Go Centre.
I watched all their shows the last few weeks and I liked them a lot. So who of L19x19 can find a sponsor or two?

What is the money used for?

Post #11 Posted: Wed May 11, 2011 10:50 am 
Lives in gote

oren wrote:

Ever heard of this? Time equals Money.

Post #12 Posted: Wed May 11, 2011 2:41 pm 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 353
Was liked: 107
GD Posts: 460
oren wrote:

I am not involved with EuroGoTV. So, in case you consider to sponsor, please ask them: murugandi@eurogotv.com
But if I watch the show I guess they spend a lot of time on it. So I understand they can't do it for free on a daily base.

Post #13 Posted: Tue May 17, 2011 11:00 am 
Lives in gote

I contacted a local company, but they are already sponsoring an upcoming Go tournament. :sad:

Someone find them a sponsor, please !!!

Post #14 Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:12 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 52
Was liked: 43
IGS: ethanb
SpongeBob wrote:
I contacted a local company, but they are already sponsoring an upcoming Go tournament. :sad:

I'm guessing you don't live in the U.S.? From my perspective that's GREAT news!

Post #15 Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:51 am 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 21
KGS: Murugandi
Hi everybody,
I'd like to thank all of you who took a special interest in the video go show for EuroGoTV. I'm happy you all liked it! I hope to continue the show with Harry, but for now that's unsure.

Now, together with a friend of mine, Peter Brouwer 6dan, I started a new video project about go: BadukMovies.
We will upload new videos every week, every monday, on various topics about baduk/go.
The website can be found here
Coming monday will be episode 2: "A Chinese tesuji against moyo".

Please let us know what you think! You can post comments and feedback on the website.
For those who are interested, we also have Twitter and Facebook accounts.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/BadukMovies
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BadukMovies

Thank you and have fun,
All the best,

Kim Ouweleen a.k.a. "Murugandi"

This post by Murugandi was liked by 6 people: agewisdom, daal, dmf, mw42, quantumf, zenith

Post #16 Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:34 pm 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 180
Was liked: 151
GD Posts: 422
KGS: komi
Extremely entertaining videos, strongly recommended. I love Murugandi's shirts :)

Post #17 Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:50 pm 
Dies with sente

Liked others: 8
Was liked: 21
great work