It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Go-software for Android?
Post #1 Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:18 pm 
Gosei

Liked others: 490
Was liked: 365
Is anyone able to make me a list of Go-software available for Android-phones?

I know there is the KGS client, but is there anything like GoGrinder (something for solving Tsumegos // automatically replaying .sgfs)?

Post subject: Re: Go-software for Android?
Post #2 Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:56 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 115
Was liked: 102
KGS: LiKao / Loki
There is anDGS
No idea if there is a tsumego program though.

Post #3 Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:14 pm 
Gosei

Liked others: 53
Was liked: 171
GD Posts: 1104
KGS: fwiffo
I've been waiting for a gogrinder port. Other Android go software I've tried include Hugoban, GOdroid, gobandroid, aceGo and AndroidNoGo. None of them seem to have a really good problem solving mode and/or problem collection as of last time I tried them.

AndroidNoGo seems to have a database search and other potential, but something about it gave me a queasy feeling.

I'm always paranoid about software I put on my phone, because it's hard to know what its boundaries are. The market tells you (in annoyingly vague terms) what the application can access, but not why, and doesn't give you the option to block a particular feature. Like, why Pandora need to access my contact list? So I can some sort of "share with friends" feature or because it's got evil government bugs in it? Is it going to e-mail my contacts to advertise to them using my name? Does it ask for my location because it wants to send me local advertisements or because they're going to tell somebody when I'm not home so they can rob me?

Post #4 Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:29 pm 
Oza

Liked others: 251
Was liked: 549
KGS: oren
Tygem: oren740, orenl
IGS: oren
Wbaduk: oren
http://senseis.xmp.net/?Android

I've done some work on gobandroid. My next goal was to add tsumego feature but my development computer is still in storage while I'm moving.

What would you like to see on automatic replay? It should be fairly easy to add.

Post #5 Posted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:52 am 
Gosei

Thank you, guys!

oren wrote:
What would you like to see on automatic replay? It should be fairly easy to add.

Basically what KGS offers with the [Shift]+LeftMouseClick action. Adjusting the speed the stones appear and well, I can't think of more right now =D

Tsumego would be great aswell =)

fwiffo
I know what you mean. It would be so great, if mobile phones were as accessible as personal computers but I think the industry has very good reasons (like ads and user behaviour) to not offer such possibilities.
But then again, let this industry grow one more year and I think there will be people offering software to access the OS of mobile phones.
Well, maybe not in the Apple Store =)

Post #6 Posted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:08 pm 
Tengen

Liked others: 499
Was liked: 733
GD Posts: 65
OGS: Hyperpape 4k
fwiffo wrote:
I'm always paranoid about software I put on my phone, because it's hard to know what its boundaries are. The market tells you (in annoyingly vague terms) what the application can access, but not why, and doesn't give you the option to block a particular feature. Like, why Pandora need to access my contact list? So I can some sort of "share with friends" feature or because it's got evil government bugs in it? Is it going to e-mail my contacts to advertise to them using my name? Does it ask for my location because it wants to send me local advertisements or because they're going to tell somebody when I'm not home so they can rob me?

Android is Open!

...couldn't help it.

Post #7 Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:39 pm 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 15
Was liked: 64
GD Posts: 2067
KGS: mgd
DGS: mdobbins
SoDesuNe wrote:
Thank you, guys!
Basically what KGS offers with the [Shift]+LeftMouseClick action. Adjusting the speed the stones appear and well, I can't think of more right now =D

Interesting, I think I can add something like this to the anDGS game editor fairly quickly. Thanks for the idea.

Post #8 Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:59 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 16
Was liked: 25
GD Posts: 442
KGS: alejo
Well... it's not that I'm trying to do some self-promotion, but you may want to watch this review:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bcXNMY2KUo

It reviews some go software... which was available early this year. I'm planning on a KGS one, but still haven't got round to it...

Post #9 Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:50 pm 
Lives with ko

fwiffo wrote:
I've been waiting for a gogrinder port.

I just uploaded version 1.25 of anDGS to the Android marketplace. It has a new Auto Play feature that should be similar to basic GoGrinder features.

It allows sequencing through a single sgf file or through all the sgf files in a directory. Upload a directory of problem sgf files to your Android phone to study this way.

As always, I am interested in the usability of the new feature since I mostly use the DGS client features. So your feedback will be helpful in improving the app.

Post #10 Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:08 pm 
Lives with ko

mdobbins wrote:
SoDesuNe wrote:
Thank you, guys!

Interesting, I think I can add something like this to the anDGS game editor fairly quickly. Thanks for the idea.

The "KGS offers with the [Shift]+LeftMouseClick action" has already been in the anDGS editor for a few releases. It is the browse mode in the editor options menu: select a location and if there is a stone there in the game, it goes to the first occurrence of that move. Adjusting the speed to get that had not occurred to me.

Since I just implemented an Auto Play feature to sequence (with a delay) through each move in a single game or a directory of games, I may take a look at a "slow browse" feature that might be what you are looking for. Should it be bi-directional (slow forward as well as backward) through the game record? Or jump back and slow forward?

Post #11 Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:32 am 
Gosei

I'm sorry, I don't understand a single word right now ^^

What I would like is: Having a function, which will start replaying a Kifu (.sgf) from any move on I choose (beginning or somewhere in the middle) and which I can stop/pause and resume any moment. Furthermore I'd like to be able to adjust the speed in which the stones appear.

If it would be possible to not only include a single .sgf but an entire directory, which will be processed .sgf after .sgf (perhaps with an option of requesting an input inbetween two .sgfs to go on), then this would be really great : )

I hope this is vaguely what you wanted to know ^^

Post #12 Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:05 am 
Lives with ko

SoDesuNe wrote:
I'm sorry, I don't understand a single word right now ^^

What I would like is: Having a function, which will start replaying a Kifu (.sgf) from any move on I choose (beginning or somewhere in the middle) and which I can stop/pause and resume any moment. Furthermore I'd like to be able to adjust the speed in which the stones appear.

If it would be possible to not only include a single .sgf but an entire directory, which will be processed .sgf after .sgf (perhaps with an option of requesting an input inbetween two .sgfs to go on), then this would be really great : )

I hope this is vaguely what you wanted to know ^^

With the exception of a pause between games, this is exactly what the Auto Play feature in the latest release of anDGS does.

(edit: I am am putting in a pause option for the next release right now..)

Post #13 Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:59 pm 
Lives with ko

I just released version 1.26 of anDGS in the Android Marketplace.

This release focuses on the sgf recorder/editor. anDGS should be a useful study tool, you just have to supply your own library of sgf games or sgf problems.

- The auto play feature will allow you to automatically sequence through a single game record or all the game/problem sgf files in a directory and still have control to skip forward or backward while it sequencing.

- The editor now supports arbitrary label properties as will as the standard markup symbols. The editor markup mode lets to add, delete or modify the labels or markup symbols on a move. You can now see the markup that many annotated sgf files contain.

Talk to me, what is missing or what can be made better. My approach is to create minimally sufficient features and dynamically steer improvements from feedback (my own and others.)

mike

Post #14 Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:46 pm 
Lives with ko

anDGS version 1.27 just release:

This release added support for sgf properties: add empty, add white and add black in markup mode of the game editor. This will allow the creation/modification of diagrams and problems.

Post #15 Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:26 am 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 0
KGS: wambat
Hi, i'm a developer of android go problems (can be found on market), problems solving app, it currently supports goproblems.com database and uligo format. I'm planning to mantain AD (i'll try not to annoy user too much :) ) and commercial versions.
It's stil in 0.x stage, so bugreports and usability feedback will be kindly accepted on https://wave.google.com/wave/waveref/googlewave.com/w+38mBth4OA, or just PM me.

Post #16 Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:36 pm 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 16
Was liked: 25
GD Posts: 442
KGS: alejo
I wouldn't rely too much on google wave... it's supposed to disappear within a few weeks...

Post #17 Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:25 pm 
Beginner

Liked others: 2
Was liked: 4
Has anyone written a reasonably good go Windows 7 phone app?

No one seems to be answering me on my other thread.

Sorry to bother

Post #18 Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:50 pm 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 127
Was liked: 123
GD Posts: 292
KGS: RedBeard
DGS: Akahige
Has anyone found a SGF recorder for android that has a way to correct the game record on the fly? The main thing I am missing from my old PilotGOne is the convenient "replace move" function. Very useful for recording games during tournaments.

Post #19 Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:57 pm 
Oza

Liked others: 251
Was liked: 549
KGS: oren
Tygem: oren740, orenl
IGS: oren
Wbaduk: oren
Redbeard wrote:
Has anyone found a SGF recorder for android that has a way to correct the game record on the fly? The main thing I am missing from my old PilotGOne is the convenient "replace move" function. Very useful for recording games during tournaments.

How does it work from the sgf tree perspective? It probably wouldn't be too hard to add after all the other things I've been meaning to do with gobandroid. :)

Post #20 Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:18 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 127
Was liked: 123
GD Posts: 292
KGS: RedBeard
DGS: Akahige
oren wrote:
Redbeard wrote:

How does it work from the sgf tree perspective? It probably wouldn't be too hard to add after all the other things I've been meaning to do with gobandroid. :)

With PilotGOne, when you went back to the move in question and selected a different location a menu would pop up and ask if you wanted to create a variation, replace one move, or replace all moves. "create a variation" would start a new tree branch, "replace one move" would change the move in question in the current branch, and "replace all moves" would delete all of the recorded moves after that point.

I never had occasion to use the "replace all moves" option, but the "replace one move" came in handy when I was half way through recording a game an discovered a recording mistake from 10+ previous moves. Maybe I'm the only one who makes such mistakes...