It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ] 
 Post subject: I revoke my permission to distribute Moyo Go Studio
Post #1 Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:56 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 4
GD Posts: 68
The International Go community claims on this forum that I am a "Shoa denier", and my long postings explaining my POV have been removed.
The reason for the censorship is that "personal attacks are against the rules" and "politics is not allowed", but I posted no personal attacks, the only personal attacks were against me ("Shoa denier" and "mentally ill"). And those postings were not removed - only my defence.

Since the Go community obviously is not my friend, I hereby revoke my permission to redistribute my copyrighted material and I will actively seek out the IP addresses of anyone hosting a torrent or using Limewire, eMule etc. to redistribute the files.

I will then contact the applicable ISP's.

Also, when this forum ever mentions the existence of a torrent (link, name etc.) I will seek the takedown of this forum for aiding software piracy.

Last edited by FrankdeGroot on Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: I revoke my permission to distribute Moyo Go Studio
Post #2 Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:00 am 
Gosei

Liked others: 54
Was liked: 544
GD Posts: 1292
As per your announcement, the mediafire folder with Moyo Go has been removed

Post #3 Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:34 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 4
GD Posts: 68
Anyone or any forum accusing me of "Shoa denial" should be aware that my software is off limits. Since zero people defended me after I was censored, there is no reason for me to donate four years' work to such unethic people. Shameful, to allow such attacks and delete my defence!

Post #4 Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:39 am 
Gosei

Liked others: 90
Was liked: 837
KGS: Capsule 4d
Tygem: 치킨까스 5d
Frankdegroot has been suspended/temp. banned for a few months due to multiple violations of the forum rules. The first violation was when he wrote that long rant/defense supporting his radical political views, a clear violation of rule #6. Chew Terr warned him that politics are not tolerated on this forum, only for Frankdegroot to keep the argument going and ignoring what Chew Terr told him. This eventually leading to the lock and deletion of the thread containing the posts. The second rule under 'Enforcement' states:
Quote:
If a member violates a rule for the second time within the last six months, a suspension will be placed on the members' account. The duration of the suspension may vary, depending on the extremity of the violation.

Though for Frankdegroot's case it seems to have taken six hours rather than six months before the second violation. Hence, the suspension.

Also, he decided to throw infected torrents of his software out there so I'd suggest that people not try and get his software by that means (posted on his site).

This post by Solomon was liked by: perceval

Post #5 Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:56 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 49
Was liked: 17
GD Posts: 396
It seems to be a case of mental confusion, doesn't it ?

We should not blame FrankDeGroot to say stupidness frequently since he seems to have a crisis. Maybe all will revert to normal soon.

Post #6 Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:20 am 
Gosei

Liked others: 152
Was liked: 330
GD Posts: 1193
KGS: lavalamp
Tygem: imapenguin
IGS: lavalamp
OGS: daniel_the_smith
Wow did this all happen while I was sleeping? ...

Post #7 Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:27 am 
Honinbo

Liked others: 1600
Was liked: 1711
KGS: Kirby
Tygem: 커비라고해
daniel_the_smith wrote:
Wow did this all happen while I was sleeping? ...

Pretty much. Well, maybe if you started sleeping around yesterday afternoon your time...

Post #8 Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:22 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 103
Was liked: 39
FrankdeGroot wrote:
Blah blah blah... Also, when this forum ever mentions the existence of a torrent (link, name etc.) I will seek the takedown of this forum for aiding software piracy.

This is hilariously vindictive. Illegal torrents etc. are already against the rules here and taken down very quickly. Strange behaviour.

Post #9 Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:40 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 127
Was liked: 123
GD Posts: 292
KGS: RedBeard
DGS: Akahige
This is typical behavior for Frank and not surprising to anyone who has read his posts on Usenet and GoDiscussions. I would vote to permanently ban him if it were possible. I usually ignore his posts all together but I couldn't help but commenting on this one, kind of like slowing down to look at a car wreck. The only thing that surprises me is that people still talk to him and trust him enough to run his software.

Post #10 Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:25 am 
Gosei

Liked others: 642
Was liked: 490
Universal go server handle: Bantari
Araban wrote:
Frankdegroot has been suspended/temp. banned for a few months due to multiple violations of the forum rules. The first violation was when he wrote that long rant/defense supporting his radical political views, a clear violation of rule #6. Chew Terr warned him that politics are not tolerated on this forum, only for Frankdegroot to keep the argument going and ignoring what Chew Terr told him. This eventually leading to the lock and deletion of the thread containing the posts. The second rule under 'Enforcement' states:
Quote:
If a member violates a rule for the second time within the last six months, a suspension will be placed on the members' account. The duration of the suspension may vary, depending on the extremity of the violation.

Though for Frankdegroot's case it seems to have taken six hours rather than six months before the second violation. Hence, the suspension.

Also, he decided to throw infected torrents of his software out there so I'd suggest that people not try and get his software by that means (posted on his site).

So, let me be unpopular here...

While I do not condone all of Franks views, I think he has a valid point in that it was not him who started this particular discussion. And the people who did start it, to my knowledge, did not get banned or even admonished. I find it a highly selective use of admin/censor powers. Because what do we have here? Somebody accuses Frank of something, pretty mean spirited and personal, and apparently it is ok, the admins do nothing. He responds defending his views (rightly or wrongly), and this is a violation of policy, now banned.

I have to admit that when people accuse me on things on a forum (this or another), I would really like to have an an opportunity to respond and defend myself. If my defense if off-topic, or even violates the policy, then this is pretty much because the accusations were off-topic as well, and against the policy. And if my posts are to be taken down as off-topic, then so should the accusations.

If I am wrong about this, and this is not how this forum should operate, could we please have some kind of policy that states this? For example: "It is Ok to offend certains people and make personal accusations against them, and drag out their health or political views, but the moment they respond they are banned." Throw in the list of people to be selectively treated like that, and we will all know what to do and live like one big happy family.

I know an admin job is a thankless one, and we are all only human, but puh-leeze... a little bit of integrity is not to much to ask for, is it? This is not the first time I see stuff like this happening here.

This post by Bantari was liked by 2 people: Redundant, SpongeBob

Post #11 Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:55 am 
Tengen

Liked others: 499
Was liked: 733
GD Posts: 65
OGS: Hyperpape 4k
Note that several people critical of Frank did have their posts removed and were told to avoid the topic. So I think your post could mislead, Bantari.

[Minor edit for emphasis]

Last edited by hyperpape on Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post #12 Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:58 am 
Gosei

Liked others: 378
Was liked: 375
Why is it "okay" to distribute the GoGoD database without permission but not okay to distribute Moyo Go without permission? Oh well, I never used Moyo Go to begin with, so this is no big loss for me.

No understanding of what is now, no knowledge of what will be.

Post #13 Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:03 pm 
Gosei

Bantari wrote:
Araban wrote:
Quote:

So, let me be unpopular here...

While I do not condone all of Franks views, I think he has a valid point in that it was not him who started this particular discussion. And the people who did start it, to my knowledge, did not get banned or even admonished. I find it a highly selective use of admin/censor powers. Because what do we have here? Somebody accuses Frank of something, pretty mean spirited and personal, and apparently it is ok, the admins do nothing. He responds defending his views (rightly or wrongly), and this is a violation of policy, now banned.

I have to admit that when people accuse me on things on a forum (this or another), I would really like to have an an opportunity to respond and defend myself. If my defense if off-topic, or even violates the policy, then this is pretty much because the accusations were off-topic as well, and against the policy. And if my posts are to be taken down as off-topic, then so should the accusations.

If I am wrong about this, and this is not how this forum should operate, could we please have some kind of policy that states this? For example: "It is Ok to offend certains people and make personal accusations against them, and drag out their health or political views, but the moment they respond they are banned." Throw in the list of people to be selectively treated like that, and we will all know what to do and live like one big happy family.

I know an admin job is a thankless one, and we are all only human, but puh-leeze... a little bit of integrity is not to much to ask for, is it? This is not the first time I see stuff like this happening here.
The people who started it? It was only one person who brought it up, and he did get a warning when Chew said to stop the political discussion after Frank wrote the long rebuttal, so up to that point they were on even grounds. However, after Chew posted, that person didn't post anything else afterwards, a new person came along to argue against Frank and Frank kept the argument fueling. Then Chew locked up the thread. The new person violated the forum rules for a first time since he didn't say anything in the thread until after Chew said to stop the political discussion, so that's a first-time violation => warning, but Frank ignored Chew's post and kept going, violating the rules a second time => suspension. Also, it wasn't just Frank's posts that were removed, but all posts involved in the discussion. This was a systematic decision.

Post #14 Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:52 pm 
Gosei

Liked others: 139
Was liked: 111
GD Posts: 209
KGS: Marcus316
I don't usually dip my feet into the forum politics, but this entire thread has me a bit frustrated.

Why are we still discussing this? I propose that this announcement be locked as well. If someone has an issue with how the mods handled this situation, I would suggest they take it up with the mods via private discussion. We don't need to go over the miutiae of this particular event.

Life goes on. Move along people.

This post by Marcus was liked by 3 people: adoreme, Kirby, Redbeard

Post #15 Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:13 pm 
Judan

Liked others: 1102
Was liked: 1456
GD Posts: 1512
Kaya handle: Test
[Admin]
Seeing that Masrcus' post immediately above is garnering 'likes' rather quickly, I'm inclined to take his suggestion and lock this thread soon.
If you agree, 'like' this post.
If you disagree, PM me.
[/admin]

Post #16 Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:20 pm 
Gosei

No need for that Joaz, seeing how the OP isn't even here and what's been said has been said I'll just lock the thread. Bantari, if you wish to continue the discussion on moderating/pick a bone with me or other mods then we can do so privately (though really I'm just tired and dealing with final exams...).

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]