All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 2013 LG cup
Post #61 Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:33 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 81
Was liked: 128
KGS: lepore
trout wrote:

This youtube video shocked me. I thought they were allowed to take pics in the first few moves of a major final, and then again when the game finished, but that otherwise the players were left alone to concentrate. Here the photographers were everywhere, snapping pictures, with flashes. People were walking around looking at their cell phones. And all at what seemed to be an important moment in the game.

Is it just me or is this a little too much?

Post #62 Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:33 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 153
Was liked: 41
Universal go server handle: happysocks
trout wrote:

With this being a newly crowned world champion I (of course) wanted to see more then pictures but a quick search didn't bring up any video so thought to come here n ask and lo and behold. :D Thanks.

Cool how the big boys don't have worry about punching their clocks - even World Chess Champions still have to do that; but, chess players would never have to deal with such a media circus in the heat of battle like that. Given the choice of the two think I'd opt to punch my own clock.

Post #63 Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:06 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 124
Was liked: 364
KGS: wolfking6504
Tygem: wolfking97
mhlepore wrote:
trout wrote:

This youtube video shocked me. I thought they were allowed to take pics in the first few moves of a major final, and then again when the game finished, but that otherwise the players were left alone to concentrate. Here the photographers were everywhere, snapping pictures, with flashes. People were walking around looking at their cell phones. And all at what seemed to be an important moment in the game.

Is it just me or is this a little too much?

I was shocked too when I first saw it. Today I watched the video again. At about 40 seconds into the clip you can hear a Chinese female voice announcing "Bi Sai Kai Shi" which means "Game starts." So I think this video was actually taken right after the lunch break (at the beginning of the video you can see Tuo Jiaxi walk in and sit down at the board) and media gets maybe 10 min to take photos etc.

This post by wolfking was liked by 2 people: dejvo, happysocks