Post #1 Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:16 pm 
Beginner

Liked others: 2
Was liked: 30
KGS: cdpruitt
Tygem: TurkeyClub
Kaya handle: TurkeyClub
Hi everybody,

This is Cole from 'The Surrounding Game' documentary about Go. The film team and I are deep in the new Japanese footage from over the summer and moving deeper into post-production.

As part of the process, we're looking for people fluent in Japanese and Korean who can help translate. Right now, we're sitting on exclusive interviews with several legendary Japanese players, an 8-year-old Tygem 7-dan, monks at the Honinbo Shrine in Kyoto... the list is pretty long, and if you're down to volunteer some time, you'd get first crack at them.

If you're interested (or you know someone who might be), let us know at surroundinggame@gmail.com, or just reply on this thread. We'd love to have more Go community members as part of the team, and we're hoping you guys want to see Takemiya Masaki's and Otake Hideo's interviews in English as much as we do.

Also, we're always happy to hear from Go players about their thoughts on the documentary project, so drop us a line anytime.

Cole Pruitt
http://www.surroundinggamemovie.com

This post by cdpruitt was liked by 3 people: Bonobo, MJK, xed_over

Post subject: Re: The Surrounding Game translators
Post #2 Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:50 pm 
Dies with sente

Liked others: 29
Was liked: 63
Here's a person interested.

Perhaps this documentary movie isn't dealing much with the Korean baduk culture compared to the Japenese, while that "Tygem 7dan kid" seems solitarily non-Japanese in the original post.

However, language should be an interesting hobby to me like go, and thus cannot be charmless but interesting enough for me in which to participate and volunteer.

The Korean language is my mothertongue. And to English I have had plenty of training and exercise as enough to be shown fluent at least in written language.

If all I can do is translating an interview with an 8-year-old Tygem 7dan, it is always fine. But still am I curious why that kid is so special; there are so many other kids equivalent or more.

The link below leads to a recent translation I've done in L19.
http://www.lifein19x19.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8865

This post by MJK was liked by: Bonobo

Post subject: Re: The Surrounding Game translators
Post #3 Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:22 pm 
Beginner

Liked others: 2
Was liked: 30
KGS: cdpruitt
Tygem: TurkeyClub
Kaya handle: TurkeyClub
Hi MJK,

Great, thanks for the offer. We'll get in touch with you via email - this kid isn't so 'extraordinarily' special, he just happens to be one of the strongest elementary school kids in Korea, and meeting his teacher and family to talk about his future was revealing.

Cole