All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: GoDroid Bot Strength
Post #1 Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:30 am 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 0
OGS: FractalPterodactyl
Online playing schedule: Varied
The bots are listed as 1 (faster) to 10 (stronger) in the app but it seems that even the 1 level bot is stronger than the 15k bot in CrazyStone. I like the app more because there's none of those obnoxious dumb ads for stupid games that pop up unlike CrazyStone, and I currently do not have the money to afford a subscription. But I'm like somewhere between 19-17k (but able to solve 5k tsumego Sometimes) and even the 1 bot is too strong for me most of the time. I can beat the CrazyStone one about 1/5 times without handicap, but this one more like 1/20. So I am curious where the levels stand on the Kyu/Dan spectrum.

Post subject: Re: GoDroid Bot Strength
Post #2 Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:30 am 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 180
FractalPterodactyl wrote:
........and even the 1 bot is too strong for me most of the time. I can beat the CrazyStone one about 1/5 times without handicap, but this one more like 1/20. So I am curious where the levels stand on the Kyu/Dan spectrum.

Not necessarily a bad thing. When bots are set to play at that low a level, you should NOT try to use them as even game opponents. You will learn faster/better with the bot set at a strength where you lose 2/3 of the time when taking three handicap stones. You do not want the bot to be making mistakes typical of your level or being unable to punish you when you make the. How else wil you learn not to make them.

Post subject: Re: GoDroid Bot Strength
Post #3 Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:56 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 200
Was liked: 30
it uses gnugo so maybe 12k? baduk ai uses katago and has much lower strength settings if you want (practically random moves below kyu_rank = 15) it also has much stronger levels than godroid. In Baduk Ai, All the kyu bots play at the same speed. if just play against kyu_rank = (your rank)/2, you should get a good game. At 3 kyu and stronger, +4 instead of /2. At dan, play the full strength bot at the 1 playout setting. At high dan >1 playout. https://aki65.github.io/