It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:15 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: KGS Android client -- saving demos?
Post #1 Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:14 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 54
Was liked: 216
How do you save a recording/demo game on the KGS client? I'm able to open a game, give it a tag, and make moves. But I don't see how to save it to the KGS server or locally.

Post subject: Re: KGS Android client -- saving demos?
Post #2 Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:28 pm 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 201
Was liked: 333
GD Posts: 428
yoyoma wrote:
How do you save a recording/demo game on the KGS client? I'm able to open a game, give it a tag, and make moves. But I don't see how to save it to the KGS server or locally.

I believe you need to open the game info and add a tag once the demo is started, then once you leave it will save.

Post #3 Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:33 pm 
Lives in gote

What I have been able to do, is go into options -> Load Game. This looks like a list of Demonstration type games that I had created using the desktop client. They are listed with my KGS user name and the date. When I open it I can tag it, and that replaces the KGS user name in the list.

I can also record a game from scratch on Android. I can tag it too. But after exiting it does not get saved anywhere.

Post #4 Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:30 pm 
Lives in sente

yoyoma wrote:
What I have been able to do, is go into options -> Load Game. This looks like a list of Demonstration type games that I had created using the desktop client. They are listed with my KGS user name and the date. When I open it I can tag it, and that replaces the KGS user name in the list.

I can also record a game from scratch on Android. I can tag it too. But after exiting it does not get saved anywhere.

Strange, for me if I start the demo from android, then after making some moves I go to "Game Info" and add a tag, the game will save. Full disclosure, the two times I tested this I also added at least one additional move after setting the tag under game info. I don't know if this makes a difference (I may test it later).

Post #5 Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:51 pm 
Lives in gote

Ok I figured out the problem -- I was testing with less than 10 moves. When I made more than 10 moves it saves it on the kgs server, regardless of if I tag it or not.

Post #6 Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:56 pm 
Lives in sente

yoyoma wrote:
Ok I figured out the problem -- I was testing with less than 10 moves. When I made more than 10 moves it saves it on the kgs server, regardless of if I tag it or not.

Hmm, interesting! I guess that means my test games where I didn't tag were all less than 10 moves. An unintentional oversight on my part.