It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Do me a favor, please
Post #1 Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:06 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 6
I have been playing and watching games with toggle open for accepting match requests on IGS. My favorite byoyomi is 10 mins/ 25 moves.

However, there is a guy who keeps making match request with byoyomi 4 min/25 moves, which I can not accept because I cannot take his byoyomi. So I used to return his request with a change in his byoyomi to 10 mins/25, then he shoot back with his byoyomi... In the end, I cannot play go with this guy because we are living in a different byoyomi zones.

The problem is that he keeps making match request and this is really annoying because his request box blocks the game board that I am watching.

I would like to ask someone who can speak Chinese, tell him in Chinese not to make a match request with byoyomi not favored by opponent. And keeping making match request makes no sense but annoys opponents. His id is lw1220.

Attachments:
File comment: Screen capture shows how someone's match request brings discomfort to one who doesn't derserve...
캡처_2019_04_09_19_31_13_228.png
캡처_2019_04_09_19_31_13_228.png [ 349.59 KiB | Viewed 10044 times ]

Post subject: Re: Do me a favor, please
Post #2 Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:29 am 
Gosei

Liked others: 176
Was liked: 488
Maybe this user has clicked on "Automatch"?

Post #3 Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:10 am 
Dies in gote

Marcel Grünauer wrote:
In the GoPanda2 client, when you click on a username or you use the "Find Users" side menu entry, there is an "Ignore user" option.

Does it help with your problem if you select that option?

I use PANDA-EGG as an igs client, in which I couldn't find any method to block this user.

Maybe I have to switch to gopanda2 client.

Thanks.

Post #4 Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:13 am 
Dies in gote

jlt wrote:
Maybe this user has clicked on "Automatch"?

I believe that when the system makes a match, it considers game conditions including byoyomi preference.

Post #5 Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:33 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 46
Was liked: 116
deungsan wrote:
Marcel Grünauer wrote:
In the GoPanda2 client, when you click on a username or you use the "Find Users" side menu entry, there is an "Ignore user" option.

Does it help with your problem if you select that option?

I use PANDA-EGG as an igs client, in which I couldn't find any method to block this user.

Maybe I have to switch to gopanda2 client.

Thanks.

Perhaps you're unintentionally seen as open for matches? IGS seems to set that automatically when you play a game, so you can get challenges unexpectedly afterwards.

You could also try q5go as your client. That shows the match request in a different window and worst case you can move it to the side and ignore it.

Post #6 Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:19 am 
Dies in gote

bernds wrote:
Perhaps you're unintentionally seen as open for matches? IGS seems to set that automatically when you play a game, so you can get challenges unexpectedly afterwards.

You could also try q5go as your client. That shows the match request in a different window and worst case you can move it to the side and ignore it.

Most of times I am open for challenges that match with my game preferences.

If IGS were to set matches automatically, then I should have had many challenges from variety of opponents with differing byoyomi settings. Not all players do challenge despites byoyomi differenes, but this id makes requests repeatedly. So I wonder what personality this id has and ask someone who can speak Chinese to tell him what he is doing.

Post #7 Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:22 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 295
Was liked: 64
IGS: 4k
Universal go server handle: BlindGroup
Might make sense to change to the newest client. As already said, you can block users, but you can also choose to ignore all requests if you don’t want to play.