All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: US Go Announcement
Post #1 Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:13 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 16
Was liked: 83
GD Posts: 156
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

After years of research and debate, national Go associations have decided to "go with the flow" and just start playing Othello, Pente and Connect 4 instead. Leaders were quoted as saying "Everyone thinks that's what we are playing anyway so why not just finally give in to it? Anyway, my head hurts from all this thinking and I'm tired of having to count past 5."

The newly renamed A-O/P/C-A will strive to promote the awareness of this set of games and confusion between them and any other games that use a gridded board and black and white (or colored) pieces. "No more care and maintenance of my equipment!" one happy player exclaimed. "Now I can just throw everything in a bucket and pull out whatever to use! Now that I can focus on the game(s) I'm gonna make 45-kling within a week!". Klings are the new official player rating metric. To determine your current kling, add all the digits in your birthdate, divide that total by your height in meters and take the 3rd and 5th digits of the result. Now count as many pebbles as you can grab in your right hand and add those figures together. That is your new kling rating.

Happy 4/1/11!

This post by BaghwanB was liked by 5 people: hailthorn011, imabuddha, logan, robinz, willemien

Post subject: Re: US Go Announcement
Post #2 Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:09 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 163
Was liked: 62
BaghwanB wrote:
I'm tired of having to count past 5."

Quoted for truth.

Post subject: Re: US Go Announcement
Post #3 Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:01 pm 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 183
Was liked: 100
Universal go server handle: hailthorn
BaghwanB wrote:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

After years of research and debate, national Go associations have decided to "go with the flow" and just start playing Othello, Pente and Connect 4 instead. Leaders were quoted as saying "Everyone thinks that's what we are playing anyway so why not just finally give in to it? Anyway, my head hurts from all this thinking and I'm tired of having to count past 5."

The newly renamed A-O/P/C-A will strive to promote the awareness of this set of games and confusion between them and any other games that use a gridded board and black and white (or colored) pieces. "No more care and maintenance of my equipment!" one happy player exclaimed. "Now I can just throw everything in a bucket and pull out whatever to use! Now that I can focus on the game(s) I'm gonna make 45-kling within a week!". Klings are the new official player rating metric. To determine your current kling, add all the digits in your birthdate, divide that total by your height in meters and take the 3rd and 5th digits of the result. Now count as many pebbles as you can grab in your right hand and add those figures together. That is your new kling rating.

Happy 4/1/11!

Very nice. That made me laugh.