It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 3:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Leela Lite 9x9
Post #1 Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:12 am 
Oza

Liked others: 237
Was liked: 662
GD Posts: 4312
Online playing schedule: Every tenth February 29th from 20:00-20:01 (if time permits)
I downloaded this program a long time ago and mostly forget about it. Once in a while I pull it up and try it. I seem to be stuck at 4p against it and cannot progress any further. Anyone else tried it? Just curious to what success others may have had.

Post subject: Re: Leela Lite 9x9
Post #2 Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:03 am 
Gosei

Liked others: 577
Was liked: 298
KGS: RBerenguel
Tygem: rberenguel
Wbaduk: JohnKeats
Kaya handle: RBerenguel
Online playing schedule: KGS on Saturday I use to be online, but I can be if needed from 20-23 GMT+1
DrStraw wrote:
I downloaded this program a long time ago and mostly forget about it. Once in a while I pull it up and try it. I seem to be stuck at 4p against it and cannot progress any further. Anyone else tried it? Just curious to what success others may have had.

Tim Berners-Lee would approve of using some kind of link in this post.

This post by RBerenguel was liked by 2 people: Bonobo, skydyr

Post #3 Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:06 pm 
Oza

Online playing schedule: Every tenth February 29th from 20:00-20:01 (if time permits)
RBerenguel wrote:
DrStraw wrote:

Link to what? And who is he? If he is the author and you mean a link to the page for it, I have no idea. It is a long time since I downloaded it and, as I said, I only try it every few months.

Post #4 Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:22 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 54
Was liked: 216
Leela site: http://www.sjeng.org/leela.html

This post by yoyoma was liked by: Bonobo

Post #5 Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:51 pm 
Oza

Liked others: 8262
Was liked: 924
OGS: trohde
Universal go server handle: trohde
DrStraw wrote:
RBerenguel wrote:

Link to what? And who is he? [..]
That was a meta-joke, kind of.

Sir Timothy John Berners-Lee aka Tim Berners-Lee.

(Originally I had thought of posting a LMGTFY link, but that would probably have been Yet Another Bad Joke™ :twisted: Like this paragraph will also be, in hindsight :roll: )

Post #6 Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:46 pm 
Oza

Bonobo wrote:
DrStraw wrote:
RBerenguel wrote:

(Originally I had thought of posting a LMGTFY link, but that would probably have been Yet Another Bad Joke™ :twisted: Like this paragraph will also be, in hindsight :roll: )

I am no wiser. And I am to lazy to look up LMGTFY.

Post #7 Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:24 pm 
Judan

Liked others: 436
Was liked: 3719
KGS: Uberdude 4d
OGS: Uberdude 7d
DrStraw wrote:
Bonobo wrote:
DrStraw wrote:

I am no wiser. And I am to lazy to look up LMGTFY.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!! Old people these days. They can't spell "too". They can't be bothered to click on links to educate themselves. They are ignorant of one of the most important people in the history of the world wide web / internet. When I will be an old person I will know all these things. Things will be so much better in the future. Harrumph! :roll:

This post by Uberdude was liked by: hyperpape

Post #8 Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:39 pm 
Oza

Uberdude wrote:
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!! Old people these days. They can't spell "too". They can't be bothered to click on links to educate themselves. They are ignorant of one of the most important people in the history of the world wide web / internet. When I will be an old person I will know all these things. Things will be so much better in the future. Harrumph! :roll:

Yes, I agree that old people can be annoying. I hope I never get old. But when I do, maybe I will be too senile to be able to think for myself and I will automatically following links which have nothing to do with the original question. Maybe it is young people who hijack threads with irrelevant information and expect people to follow them. Most of the kids I teach have trouble with original thought, but was of the opinion that go players were different.

Post #9 Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:59 pm 
Gosei

Liked others: 577
Was liked: 298
KGS: RBerenguel
Tygem: rberenguel
Wbaduk: JohnKeats
Kaya handle: RBerenguel
Online playing schedule: KGS on Saturday I use to be online, but I can be if needed from 20-23 GMT+1
DrStraw wrote:
Uberdude wrote:

Yes, I agree that old people can be annoying. I hope I never get old. But when I do, maybe I will be too senile to be able to think for myself and I will automatically following links which have nothing to do with the original question. Maybe it is young people who hijack threads with irrelevant information and expect people to follow them. Most of the kids I teach have trouble with original thought, but was of the opinion that go players were different.

So, you posted about a program expecting us to look for it (or of course magically knowing about it), but clicking a link (or actually knowing who Sir B-L is, which shouldn't be really far from you given your background) is just too much?

This post by RBerenguel was liked by 2 people: Bonobo, daal

Post #10 Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:01 am 
Judan

Liked others: 436
Was liked: 3719
KGS: Uberdude 4d
OGS: Uberdude 7d
@RBerenguel: The correct mode of address of a Knight is Sir [Firstname] or Sir [Firstname] [Surname], not Sir [Surname] ;-)

@all: my post was a parody of DrStraw's and Aidoneus's recent threads which I would summarise as "WAAAH, Kids these days are stupid and can't do Maths like they could when I was young".

Anyway, no I haven't played Leela.

This post by Uberdude was liked by 2 people: Bonobo, gowan

Post #11 Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:33 am 
Gosei

Liked others: 202
Was liked: 1087
GD Posts: 645
Universal go server handle: herminator
DrStraw wrote:
And I am to lazy to look up LMGTFY.

This is one of the single most ironic things I have ever encountered on the internet. :lol:

This post by HermanHiddema was liked by 2 people: Bonobo, joellercoaster

Post #12 Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:05 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 19
Was liked: 32
HermanHiddema wrote:
DrStraw wrote:
And I am to lazy to look up LMGTFY.

This is one of the single most ironic things I have ever encountered on the internet. :lol:

I cannot agree more. :lol:

Here's the link for everybody who is too lazy to look it up for himself:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=lmgtfy

Hurray for self-referentiality.

I'm afraid I never played leela. But it looks like a nice program to give a try.

Post #13 Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:39 am 
Oza

RBerenguel wrote:
So, you posted about a program expecting us to look for it (or of course magically knowing about it), but clicking a link (or actually knowing who Sir B-L is, which shouldn't be really far from you given your background) is just too much?

Who said anything about looking it up? All I asked was a question for those people who had already played it. If you haven't done so then you were not the person to whom the question was addressed. There was no need for you to look it up, unless you had an interest in it. But in that case you are asking me to do the work for you because you are too lazy to look it up yourself. At least, that is how it seems to me.

Anyway, no one has answered my original question so I assume no one has an answer. We may as well consider the thread closed.

Post #14 Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:12 am 
Tengen

Liked others: 499
Was liked: 733
GD Posts: 65
OGS: Hyperpape 4k
DrStraw wrote:
Who said anything about looking it up? All I asked was a question for those people who had already played it. If you haven't done so then you were not the person to whom the question was addressed.
Well that's just wrong: http://mrburkemath.blogspot.com/2011/05 ... logic.html.

This post by hyperpape was liked by: Bonobo