All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Internet Go Clubs? Meetup Grps
Post #1 Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:59 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 5
KGS: Esquire
Kaya handle: Esquire
Hey all! I'm not sure if this is the proper place for this, if not don't yell at me!

I was wondering what you all thought about the concept of internet go clubs. If I remember correctly there was at least one fairly large and active one, I was aware of it sometime ago but I haven't heard much of it since. I ask because when I first learned of Go I was living in NY and went over to the NY Go Center for what was an awesome time. Shortly after it closed, and then I moved to Western CT. Since then I've been back and forth with Go, and haven't played on a board since the NYGC. Also other then the community here and the folks I know on KGS/Kaya I don't know anyone personally who plays, and maybe its just me, but I'm always looking for people to share the experience with and make a connection with.

I searched Go Clubs in CT, of the active ones the closest is a bit over an hour away. Which isn't to bad but their hours are limited as are mine. So I've toyed with the idea of creating an internet group/Meet up for those in the CT area who can enjoy each others company online and when possible in person. What do you all think about this? Should I focus more on a local grp or should I instead make a online club that can accept members from all over? Would anyone here be interested in such a grp?

I was hoping to mimic the success of the NY mostly go club on meet up. Please let me know your thoughts.

Post subject: Re: Internet Go Clubs? Meetup Grps
Post #2 Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:36 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 199
Was liked: 76
I think it's worth a shot. Good luck!