Post #1 Posted: Tue May 06, 2014 7:33 am 
Gosei

Liked others: 577
Was liked: 298
KGS: RBerenguel
Tygem: rberenguel
Wbaduk: JohnKeats
Kaya handle: RBerenguel
Online playing schedule: KGS on Saturday I use to be online, but I can be if needed from 20-23 GMT+1
If there's one thing I enjoy is receiving unsolicited tsumego. And since I "took control" of the Nordic Go Academy "propaganda machine" :D I've been looking for ways to, somehow, generate interesting stuff for others. Since it's hard to know what others may like (and cats playing go is already old :D), I start with stuff I like (aside from cats) and hope other people agree.

To this end, we have started posting a set of two tsumego problems (one easy, one hard) in our social media accounts (Facebook and twitter) every Tuesday, around 15:00 UTC. The solutions are available a week after posting the problems. For now, the hard ones are not "specially" hard.

This is the second week, so the imgur album holding the tsumego is still a little empty. But if you remember to check it in a few months, it will hopefully be full of interesting problems.

To generate the game diagrams and animated solutions I used the modified version of sgftopng I wrote about elsewhere. I need to polish a little the source before making it available to anyone else (I did several quick hacks that I'm not happy about, I'd like to comment my changes, pull some interesting stuff from version 0.18c since I used 0.15b and improve the hand-drawn generator), but I'm in contact with the creator of the sgfutils package so the changes can be used by anyone in the (hopefully near) future.

This post by RBerenguel was liked by 2 people: daal, joellercoaster