It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 2:54 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 662 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34
 Post subject: Re: Following Nakamura Sumire
Post #661 Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:49 pm 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 1027
Was liked: 30
KGS: Elom, Windnwater
OGS: Elom, Elom0
Online playing schedule: The OGS data looks pretty so I'll pause for now before I change it.
pajaro wrote:
Sumire is fully adapted to Korea's schedule. Not even a month there, and she has played 5 games so far (AFAIK). More than in Japan.

One of her goals was to play in Korea's Suprem Player League. Supposed to be like the Meijin league in Japan, where the strongest players in Korea play and fight to challenge (and be crushed by) Shin Jinseo. Who else?

Well, she didn't have to wait a lot. Sumire is playing in the league thanks to a wild card. Korea wants to make sure Sumire is seen as a Korean product. In Fox server, she is even playing under Korean flag.

The thing is, I expected her to lose all of her games. Not more than a learning opportunity.

But today, she played Im Sanggyu 2d (3339 in goratings, supposed to be like the 6th player in Japan, Yamashita Keigo). And Sumire won, B+0,5. Her biggest win ever, IMHO, in an individual game, of course.

Sumire is now 1-2. Last year, Choi Jung 9d played too and won 1 game. So at least, Sumire will even that result.

임상규 is 3170, probably mixed up with another player? But it's probably for the best that Sumire is seen as Korean pro as that's where her training

Post subject: Re: Following Nakamura Sumire
Post #662 Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:43 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 27
Was liked: 142
KGS: pajaro
IGS: pajaro
Yes, I made a mistake, and Sumire's opponent wasn't that strong.

But today's opponent was! Park Mingyu 9 dan, 11th player of Korea and 3432 in goratings (right above Kyo Kagen) lost to Sumire by 1.5 points.
I saw part of the game in youtube. Their body language, both of them, was "I am losing". According to IA, both were ahead at different stages, so it could have gone either way.

Sumire is now 2-3 in Supreme Player, while Park is 0-4. Most likely, both will be demoted, but what a great result today.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 662 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34