It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:17 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: China-Korea Super league
Post #1 Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:09 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 167
Was liked: 44
This Chinese page talks about the last game of the 2nd season of China-Korea Super League. In this game, Byun Sangil defeated Wang Haoyang ??(昊洋竭) from China.

I don't know Chinese, so most of what I'm saying are guesses based on google's translation.

It looks like they count number of wins for each country, but also rank the players based on the results.

If points are counted, a player get + number of points by which they won by and - number of points they lost by. This was the case for Shin Jinseo who got 9.5 points for winning the 3rd game of the series.
If you win by resignation, you get +10 points (and -10 for losing the same way).

The overall score was 5-5, with Korea winning the last two games to tie the series.

I think 中=China and 韩=Korea, so I believe a Chinese player ended up in 1st place with 2 wins. I don't know why some players played one game while others played two.

Here is a list all the games.

Post subject: Re: China-Korea Super league
Post #2 Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:01 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 27
Was liked: 142
KGS: pajaro
IGS: pajaro
Hmm... fun. When somebody is losing by a small margin, they usually try aggressive attacks, because it doesn't matter to take a big risk if that's your only chance. But like this, you can play more conservatively. Better to lose by 0.5 than by resign. Or not, if it's the last game of a series. Then, it's like changing the komi.

I have heard that in Korea, it is popular to bet (like in Wbaduk). You can bet on the winner, but also on the score. This league is taking it to the pro level.
Do they do the same in China?

silviu22 wrote:
I think 中=China and 韩=Korea,

That's right.