All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My ideal? Rating and Professional System
Post #1 Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:59 am 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 1023
Was liked: 30
KGS: Elom, Windnwater
OGS: Elom, Elom0
Online playing schedule: The OGS data looks pretty so I'll pause for now before I change it.
In my ideal Mindsports organisation the four games are: 1 Lentears aka Igo, Baduk, Weiqi 2 Mancala/Backgammon 3 Universal Mahjong (to be developed) 4 4Chess is Chess, General Elephant Chess, Shogi, and Universal Atlantic Draughts/Checkers (to be created).

To calculate (draw adjusted) performance dan, fourth strongest player in the world is set at 9.00 dan, and is known as the copper player.
Draw-Adjusted Performance kyu/dan is based on a winning probability of 1/(e+1). Lentears has additional Material kyu/dans based on handicap stones. Dan is rounded up to the nearest integer level above if it's positive and down to the nearest level below if it's negative. This means there can only be four 10 dan's the world, the copper, bronze, silver and gold 十段's, with AI considered the diamond 10 dan. Professional exams would occur twice a year based on the equinoxes, with one player becoming pro 初段 each time. A sister exam held right afterward would determine 女段, the female-dan rank. These aren't professional ranks, but they are a title for female amateurs that gives them priority in being invited to pro tournaments over other amateurs. All insei are 0p for the time they are insei. Professional dans themselves would have criteria loosely based on what a person of the equivalent performance dan rank would be able to do, however since most new pros would probably already be at least 4 performance dan, 1p, 2p and 3p would be made up of people who are gifted pro ranks for being experts in fields outside of go that would be very useful for go, and they are more interested in playing in pro tournaments, or they are players at the 1 to 3 dan level who are expert go teachers. Draw Adjustment refers to reducing the weighting of games without decisive results, not really relevant to go but relevant to Chess. Material dan, or double-sente dan is based on sente, with 1 dan equal to twice the value of sente, with material 1 set to align with draw-adjusted performance 1 dan so in go a draw-adjusted performance 9 dan is probably about material 7 dan an today's AI about material 9.00 dan