All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Needed Tournament
Post #1 Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:45 am 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 1023
Was liked: 30
KGS: Elom, Windnwater
OGS: Elom, Elom0
Online playing schedule: The OGS data looks pretty so I'll pause for now before I change it.
Special preliminary, a single elimination in which the top two qualify but the winner of the final gets to decided which of the two slots for the qualifier of the special preliminary to play in after the first round draw of the main tournament.:
Korea Women 3 Taipei-China Women 3 Japan Women 6 beijing-china women 3
Europe 3 Americas 3 East Asia 3 Korea Amateur 1 Taipei-China Amateur 1 beijing-china Amateur 1 Rest of World 2

Main Tournament:
Korea-6 Taipei-China-6 Japan-12 beijing-China-6 Qualifier from special preliminary-2
A double elimination in which in the final, the winner of the winners tournament only has to win one game while the winner of the losers tournament has two win to games (I don't why this isn't standard practice for double elimination).

Post subject: Re: Needed Tournament
Post #2 Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:35 am 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 109
Was liked: 138
Universal go server handle: CDavis7M
Elom0 wrote:
Special preliminary, a single elimination in which the top two qualify but the winner of the final gets to decided which of the two slots for the qualifier of the special preliminary to play in after the first round draw of the main tournament.:
Korea Women 3 Taipei-China Women 3 Japan Women 6 beijing-china women 3
Europe 3 Americas 3 East Asia 3 Korea Amateur 1 Taipei-China Amateur 1 beijing-china Amateur 1 Rest of World 2

Main Tournament:
Korea-6 Taipei-China-6 Japan-12 beijing-China-6 Qualifier from special preliminary-2
A double elimination in which in the final, the winner of the winners tournament only has to win one game while the winner of the losers tournament has two win to games (I don't why this isn't standard practice for double elimination).

Thank you for sponsoring this wonderful event for us Go fans. I will be happy to see it! :tmbup:

Post subject: Re: Needed Tournament
Post #3 Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:01 pm 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 1023
Was liked: 30
KGS: Elom, Windnwater
OGS: Elom, Elom0
Online playing schedule: The OGS data looks pretty so I'll pause for now before I change it.
CDavis7M wrote:

. . . Thank you for sponsoring this wonderful event for us Go fans. I will be happy to see it! :tmbup:

Okay, haha, maybe not quite best topic to put it, I'm not at that stage yet, if I could even possibly get there, I couldn't possibly sponsor a pro go tournament myself. I'm just starting writing to the major companies in Taiwan, the only reason I put it here. It quite unusual for me to do something like this and even more unusual put as anywhere likely possible something not determined, but it's best to try to do all one can that they think is right in this life because one doesn't know how much time one has left! First up, Taiwan Semiconductors!

Of course given the pandemic and the dragon breath across the Taiwan straight, it wouldn't necessarily be able to be held in Taiwan within the nearest few years, but if not in a place other than Taiwan, then online, in which case it's a good thing most of Taiwan's biggest companies are in the tech sector https://companiesmarketcap.com/taiwan/l ... arket-cap/ and amazingly here seems to imply a company with huge revenue can make significantly less profits than a much smaller company.