All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Beijing defeats Sichuan 4-0 in Chinese A League
Post #1 Posted: Mon May 03, 2010 4:54 pm 
Dies with sente

Liked others: 23
Was liked: 86
GD Posts: 104
Article translated from weiqi.sports.tom.com

The 2010 Jinli Mobile Cup (Chinese A League) played its 2nd round on 4/29/10. The Beijing team, led by Kong Jie, went 4-0 to sweep Sichuan. This "dream team" will likely win the league if they can keep up their intensity and good form.

Kong Jie played one day after returning to Beijing from Hangzhou, where he defeated Xie He to win the RICOH (Liguang) Cup. He was paired against Korea's Lee Younggu. After a fierce battle Kong Jie won, despite playing four games in one week and the constant travel which that schedule entails. Despite this "double test," his will remained strong, and he defeated his Korean opponent. However, after the match, Kong Jie stated that he played a bad move, and that he was lucky that his opponent did not exploit the opportunity.

Regarding his former opponent Lee Sedol's spectacular performance, Kong Jie commented that while Lee Sedol has always been very strong, recently he has improved a level, so he is very difficult to stop. Kong Jie also observed that "Lee Sedol's game is characterized by incredible fighting strength and extremely sharp play, and an adeptness for following through on opportunities to fight and kill. In my loss to him in the BC Card Cup, I had a superior position, but he created chaos. I became confused, and he won. Compared to Lee Sedol, I have many flaws. Though I need to resolve these flaws through training and matches, Lee Sedol is not unbeatable.

After his match, Kong Jie said, "Although recently my schedule has been intense, what matters most is whether I am able to make timely revisions to my game. At the same time, I must also make sure that my health is in good condition for my games. Even though I must play many matches, I make sure to find enough time for some exercise. If I have the time, I go work out.

The new recruit to the Beijing team, young Zhong Wenjing, defeated Sichuan's Gu Lingyi. Even though he barely eked out his win, he was thrilled to defeat such a strong opponent. After the game, he went to the referee's room with the completed kifu. In the interview after the game, he stated that he chose to be on the Beijing team because finds their atmosphere very appealing. He knows Tuo Jiaxi and Chen Yaoye well and is good friends with them. Joining the Beijing team, he felt right at home. Regarding his game, Zhong Wenjing said that he was able to capitalize upon Gu Lingyi's mistake, otherwise he would have given up the 1.5 point margin. He hoped that he could he could make a contribution to the Beijing Team's effort to become this year's champions.

Current Tianyuan Chen Yaoye showed good form in his win against Yang Yi. Tuo Jiaxi had a relaxed victory over Dang Yifei.

Aside from concentrating on their matches, at lunch the Beijing team members followed the soccer/football match between Beijing Guoan and Kawasaki Frontale [Beijing Guoan won 2-0]. Kong Jie and Tuo Jiaxi discussed this match, and also talked about FC Internazionale Milano's defeat of FC Barcelona.

Post subject: Re: Beijing defeats Sichuan 4-0 in Chinese A League
Post #2 Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 5:32 pm 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 6
Was liked: 4
Lee Sedol improved a level?? OMG :shock: