Post #21 Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:56 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 62
Was liked: 278
KGS: mathmo 4d
IGS: mathmo 4d
Speculatively:
Current position:
1. All groups very alive except for D4 which is already behind enemy lines (E9 reinforces), F3 unsettled. No-one has big potential. Right is B's development but not easy, perhaps Q9? Overall obviously W needs to settle D4.
2. D3 solid but still C5 problem. E3 F4 D6 seems suicidal as the 3-3 invasion is still a problem and now W is well behind enemy lines. Sometimes E3 F4 F2 is an option. E2 comes to mind as an active move.
3. H3 comes to mind as good shape to balance defending D4, attacking B's weak group and building lower side (W has the biggest wall of the game on the lower right). I envisage H3 D2 F4 (good for W), H3 H4 J4 G4 E2 (good for W), H3 C3 D3 D2 E2 C2 F2 B5 C5 B6 ? (seems good enough for W?)
4. Q2 comes to mind but as it is gote, probably for quite a bit later.
5. Overall can W get away with E3 F4 E6?

Opp to play:
1. C3, try to live in sente by threatening to cut off C7, then activate F3 to severe attack W or destroy lower side.

Past:
1. B's play is slightly slow all over the board with E9, P17, R3. As W I would rather P8 be placed elsewhere: best would be lower left corner but O16 would be nice too. Seems even enough but I slightly prefer W.

Check:
1. seems like I got it right this time. 36 at J6 eh! I was thinking about F8.
2. re: post 3, I did consider blocking the other side too. In mine and Elf's variation, B has solidly connected and made life with everything, so the C12 aji is greatly mitigated. B also still has aji with the lone stone. In the first diagram, G8 comes to mind for W later as a way to grow the lower side and threaten C12 aji slowly, perhaps by playing F10.