It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:18 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Html5 Go Board
Post #21 Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:40 pm 
Dies with sente

Liked others: 19
Was liked: 46
Have you considered switching the hosting of goban.org over to Github pages?
https://pages.github.com/

They offer free hosting for projects, and I believe it's even possible to configure the use of a custom domain.

Using GitHub would also avoiding the unfortunate ad placement that occurs with your current host.

This post by YeGO was liked by: KOCMOHABT

Post #22 Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:35 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 127
Was liked: 175
KGS: KOCMOHABT
YeGO wrote:
Have you considered switching the hosting of goban.org over to Github pages?
https://pages.github.com/

Nice idea, i will try it later.

Update: Released Chrome extenstion for viewing/editing sgf files right in ur browser. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/web-go-board/cdmhoehokaoghadonjfdbhieajggfbmd (also works in Opera Next). Try extension on http://www.gokifu.com, KGS archives also should work http://www.gokgs.com/gameArchives.jsp?user=breakfast.

Last edited by KOCMOHABT on Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This post by KOCMOHABT was liked by 3 people: Bonobo, DinoKino, oca

Post #23 Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:49 am 
Oza

Liked others: 8262
Was liked: 924
OGS: trohde
Universal go server handle: trohde
KOCMOHABT wrote:
[..]

Update: Released Chrome extenstion for viewing/editing sgf files right in ur browser. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/web-go-board/cdmhoehokaoghadonjfdbhieajggfbmd (also works in Opera Next). Try extension on http://www.gokifu.com.
Installed it, thank you, this is quite amazing stuff!

Cheers, Tom

This post by Bonobo was liked by: KOCMOHABT

Post subject: Re: Html5 Go Board Wow!
Post #24 Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:01 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 8
Was liked: 18
Universal go server handle: Yukontodd
Online playing schedule: Find me on OGS these days.
Incredible stuff. Love the chrome plug-in. I'm planning on starting up my Go blog again next week (I hope, but soon anyway), and I'll definitely be excitedly telling people about you. Assuming anyone's still reading me.;)

This post by Yukontodd was liked by 2 people: Bonobo, KOCMOHABT

Post #25 Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:57 am 
Oza

Yukontodd wrote:
[..] I'm planning on starting up my Go blog again next week (I hope, but soon anyway), and I'll definitely be excitedly telling people about you. Assuming anyone's still reading me.;)
Cool idea. I’ve also spread this over a few channels.

You and all might also think about leaving a positive rating on the Chrome store.

Post #26 Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:55 am 
Dies in gote

Was liked: 6
Bonobo wrote:
...I’ve also spread this over a few channels...

Thanks for that, otherwise I would have missed it here on L19 :tmbup:
Nice work, KOCMOHABT!

I belong to the .5% who mistrust Google in general and try to avoid it as much as possible. Going Opera would be okay-ish but a firefox plug-in would be awesome :cool: Is there any chance that might happen in some time?

This post by DinoKino was liked by: Bonobo

Post #27 Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:00 am 
Lives with ko

DinoKino wrote:
...but a firefox plug-in would be awesome :cool: Is there any chance that might happen in some time?

I'm working on FF-extension right now.

This post by KOCMOHABT was liked by: Bonobo

Post #28 Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:20 am 
Dies in gote

KOCMOHABT wrote:
DinoKino wrote:
...but a firefox plug-in would be awesome :cool: Is there any chance that might happen in some time?

I'm working on FF-extension right now.

:bow:

Thank you so much!

This post by DinoKino was liked by: KOCMOHABT

Post #29 Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:57 pm 
Lives with ko

Extension for FF https://addons.mozilla.org/ru/firefox/addon/web-gobaduk-board/. Like with Chrome extension u can view game instead of downloading Sgf from sites like http://www.gokifu.com and http://www.gokgs.com/archives.jsp and u can drag-n-drop sgf/gib/ngf files right in ur browser for view/edit them. If u will find any bugs u can post it here or on github.

Last edited by KOCMOHABT on Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post #30 Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:43 am 
Lives with ko

Update for FF-extension. Version 0.9.46. Fixed bug with "Save target as" on SGF-link. Now FF-extension behaviour is identical Chrome-extension behaviour.

Post #31 Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:51 am 
Oza

Liked others: 2338
Was liked: 1332
KGS: ez4u
OK, I grabbed the Firefox extension (36.0.1 on Windows 7):
1. I clicked on an sgf link on Go News. I got a full-window setup with a beautiful board and all controls. :tmbup:
Attachment:
Sgf on Go News.jpg
Sgf on Go News.jpg [ 87.46 KiB | Viewed 12503 times ]

2. I clicked on the "download sgf" button in eidogo on an L19 post with an embedded sgf (Is that the right term? I mean a post with the sgf text pasted into the post.). I got a setup apparently defined by the size of the previous eidogo widget with the controls taking up most of the space and a nasty (sorry!) little Go board that was difficult to see. :scratch:
Attachment:
Sgf embedded on L19.jpg
Sgf embedded on L19.jpg [ 72.72 KiB | Viewed 12503 times ]

3. I clicked on either the "download sgf" button in eidogo or the "attachment" link at the bottom of a post with an sgf file attached. I got the standard "open file" dialog from Firefox and no way that I could find to get the Web Go Board to open it. :scratch:
Attachment:
Sgf attachment L19.jpg
Sgf attachment L19.jpg [ 55.75 KiB | Viewed 12503 times ]

Very well done on 1!
Is there any help for 2 and 3?
:bow:

Post #32 Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:05 am 
Lives with ko

Quote:
3. I clicked on either the "download sgf" button in eidogo or the "attachment" link at the bottom of a post with an sgf file attached. I got the standard "open file" dialog from Firefox and no way that I could find to get the Web Go Board to open it.

U can download that file and drag-n-drop it in new tab.

Quote:
2. I clicked on the "download sgf" button in eidogo on an L19 post with an embedded sgf (Is that the right term? I mean a post with the sgf text pasted into the post.). I got a setup apparently defined by the size of the previous eidogo widget with the controls taking up most of the space and a nasty (sorry!) little Go board that was difficult to see.

The problem is that the board is too small, or is that all my plug-in starts ?

Post #33 Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:33 am 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 5
KGS: Oel
Would be very cool if I could use this for my website http://www.go-academy.org but I does not work with the sgf file links that I show on the game review pages. Probably it's an issue on my site. If I click a link I still get the sgf code. Does anybody see how to fix it?

Post #34 Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:40 am 
Lives with ko

GoAcademy wrote:
Would be very cool if I could use this for my website http://www.go-academy.org but I does not work with the sgf file links that I show on the game review pages. Probably it's an issue on my site. If I click a link I still get the sgf code. Does anybody see how to fix it?

Http request with sgf link must have header Content-type "application/x-go-sgf"

Post #35 Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:36 am 
Oza

KOCMOHABT wrote:
Quote:
3. I clicked on either the "download sgf" button in eidogo or the "attachment" link at the bottom of a post with an sgf file attached. I got the standard "open file" dialog from Firefox and no way that I could find to get the Web Go Board to open it.

U can download that file and drag-n-drop it in new tab.

Quote:
2. I clicked on the "download sgf" button in eidogo on an L19 post with an embedded sgf (Is that the right term? I mean a post with the sgf text pasted into the post.). I got a setup apparently defined by the size of the previous eidogo widget with the controls taking up most of the space and a nasty (sorry!) little Go board that was difficult to see.

The problem is that the board is too small, or is that all my plug-in starts ?

3. Unfortunately dragging and dropping onto an empty tab (both from FF's download list and from file manager) causes FF to stop responding. :sad:

2. The problem is that the board is too small and can't be adjusted. It would be nice if it would open in a new tab as does 1. in my original post.

Post #36 Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:00 am 
Dies in gote

ez4u wrote:
3. Unfortunately dragging and dropping onto an empty tab (both from FF's download list and from file manager) causes FF to stop responding. :sad:

Me too (same FF version and Win7) - drag and drop would be great!

Post #37 Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:20 am 
Oza

So I thought what the heck it's only 1 AM...

I fired up Chrome, grabbed the addin and tried the same three pages as before:
1. Go News gave me the same result as FF. :tmbup: again. BTW though, sound does not work in either browser although 'sound' is checked in settings on both.

2. The 'embedded' sgf results in the same space-constrained version. However, note that the game does not actually load under chrome. The info and game tree are empty.
Attachment:
Sgf embedded on L19 - chrome.jpg
Sgf embedded on L19 - chrome.jpg [ 68.16 KiB | Viewed 12457 times ]

3. The attachment automatically downloads (my settings are different than FF). Dragging and dropping the attachment does not crash Chrome. However, it also does not open Web Go Board. Again this is true whether I drag and drop from the Chrome download bar or from Windows File Manager. The file is attached.
Attachment:
Sgf attachment L19 - chrome.jpg
Sgf attachment L19 - chrome.jpg [ 30.04 KiB | Viewed 12452 times ]

Attachments:
Cho-DolBaram (1).sgf [1.84 KiB]
Downloaded 530 times

Post #38 Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:21 pm 
Lives with ko

ez4u wrote:
3. The attachment automatically downloads (my settings are different than FF). Dragging and dropping the attachment does not crash Chrome. However, it also does not open Web Go Board. Again this is true whether I drag and drop from the Chrome download bar or from Windows File Manager. The file is attached.

About Chrome and drag-n-drop. Go to chrome://extensions/ in Chrome, find Web Go Board, u need to TurnOn "Allow open files by url"(or something like that) check box. Dunno how to make this checkbox to be On after installation :sad:.

Bugs with FF-extenstion will be fixed soon.

Post #39 Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:45 pm 
Oza

KOCMOHABT wrote:
About Chrome and drag-n-drop. Go to chrome://extensions/ in Chrome, find Web Go Board, u need to TurnOn "Allow open files by url"(or something like that) check box. [..]

The text for that checkbox is “Allow access to file URLs” (at least on my Chrome for OS X).

This post by Bonobo was liked by: KOCMOHABT

Post #40 Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:52 am 
Oza

Bonobo wrote:
KOCMOHABT wrote:
About Chrome and drag-n-drop. Go to chrome://extensions/ in Chrome, find Web Go Board, u need to TurnOn "Allow open files by url"(or something like that) check box. [..]

The text for that checkbox is “Allow access to file URLs” (at least on my Chrome for OS X).

Done! Works well in Chrome now. Thanks.
Unfortunately we need to solve this embedded thing since so many people post games here that way. I am already a Web Go Board convert so now it is time to be a demanding fan/user. Sorry in advance! :mrgreen:

This post by ez4u was liked by 2 people: Bonobo, KOCMOHABT

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next