It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hiratuka No Igo
Post #41 Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:10 am 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 1
KGS: mazetas
Help! I cant run this in Drago... I use it with its own interface. Any help for running in drago?

Post #42 Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:25 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 20
Was liked: 17
mazetas, in the Drago Engine options, click "Add". in the next window you find a link to "engine.config". Click it, Notepad window opens.
After the GnuGo section, add this section:
Code:
[Hiratuka No Igo]
url = http://www.vector.co.jp/download/file/winnt/game/fh665594.html
connection = not.required
level = arg:-po *0000
boardsize = not.required
chinese.rules = not.required
japanese.rules = not.handled
time.per.move = not.handled
total.time = not.handled
overtime = not.handled

Save file. In the still open Drago window, does it instantly appear in the list? If not, restart Drago. Go there again and click "already installed". Point to engine path etc. etc. Just add engine like you already did with others.

Post #43 Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:03 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 6
Was liked: 31
KGS: 2d
I just did setup Hiratku with Drago. In my parameter windows it says "po - 10000". Does this mean the depth of search? Does Hira get bette if I change it to 50.000 or even 100.000?

Post #44 Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:09 am 
Beginner

Sorry i made the steps but a message abnormal termination of engine occurs. Any further help?

Post #45 Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:04 pm 
Dies with sente

Liked others: 2
Was liked: 16
Drago is not a good interface, especially if you want Hirabot to teach you, just in case.

Gogui is much easier in terms of unlimited undo, let Hirabot switch color etc.

This post by splee99 was liked by: ez4u

Post #46 Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:34 am 
Beginner

Liked others: 1
Was liked: 4
KGS: wauske
DGS: wauske
Online playing schedule: 20:00-22:00 CET
mazetas wrote:
Sorry i made the steps but a message abnormal termination of engine occurs. Any further help?

I tried a number of things and settings but nothing really generates the error you stated. Hiratuka appearently only allows starting to play from a blank board, I can't resume from an SGF or existing position because that gives a message that the current engine could not start.

Could it be that your computer does not have an NVIDIA GPU?

Post #47 Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:02 pm 
Lives with ko

But see this thread, there is a non gpu version.

Post #48 Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:09 pm 
Beginner

I must be an idiot! The problem was that after running the engine in drago interface I closed the background hiratuka interface. So I closed in reality the engine! Anyway is there a way to configure the ai at different strength levels? Thanks for your help!

Post #49 Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:34 pm 
Lives with ko

Only option I know of is: viewtopic.php?p=203376#p203376

With that Hiratuka template in Drago you already have linked -po to the level strength in Drago.
("level = arg:-po *0000")

The * is being replaced by the level number, so with "Level 12" Hiratuka with "-po 120000" is called.
120000, maybe ~15 seconds of calculation on a core i7 3.4ghz - so depends on your cpu, if it's the cpu version.

Post #50 Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:34 pm 
Lives in gote

So I can play Hira with Drago. Now I wanna find out how strong it is on my computer. Ideally, I would like to let it play on KGS. Can anyone say if it's possible and how to do it (I am not a computer guy so any explantion need to be for dummies^^)

Post #51 Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:09 pm 
Dies with sente

Liked others: 2
Was liked: 16
See the following link for how to run the bot. Actually I haven't tried it, but I'm also interested how strong Hirabot is running on my computer.

http://www.michna.com/kgsbot.htm

My computer is not a top end one, AMD Athlon II X2 250 3GHz. I feel Hirabot is at least 3d here (stronger than me). So it can teach me a lot of things.

Post #52 Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:50 pm 
Lives with ko

If you want to see it perform against other engines, you can do so by using my cmd file. You need Java runtime environment to be installed.

1. Get GoGui https://sourceforge.net/projects/gogui/ ... p/download
2. Put below code into a new file with then ending .cmd into the GoGui top folder.
3. Edit all paths in the cmd file to match your system
4. Run it.

Code:
########################################################################################
# BASED ON https://watchingnumbersgoup.wordpress.com/usage-of-gogui-twogtp-on-windows/ #
########################################################################################

set MONTECARLOPLAYOUT=10000
set GAMENAME=PachiVsHiratuka
set GAMES=20
# set TIME_MINUTES=-time 30
set BOARDSIZE=19
set KOMI=7.5

### USE YOUR INDIVIDUAL PATHS HERE - WITHOUT QUOTES ###
set LIBFOLDER=%USERPROFILE%\Programme\GoGui\lib\
set JAVA=c:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_45\bin\javaw.exe

set BLACK=%USERPROFILE%\Programme\Drago\Engines\pachi-11.00-win32\pachi.exe
set ARGSB=-f %USERPROFILE%\Programme\Drago\Engines\pachi-11.00-win32\6D+book.dat -t =10000 threads=6,pondering=0
set WHITE=%USERPROFILE%\Programme\Drago\Engines\Hiratuka10_36L\Hiratuka-%BOARDSIZE%x%BOARDSIZE%.exe
set ARGSW=-po %MONTECARLOPLAYOUT%

###[GNUGO]###
# %USERPROFILE%\Programme\Drago\Engines\gnugo-3.8\gnugo.exe
# --mode gtp --level 10 --chinese-rules
#
###[FUEGO]###
# %USERPROFILE%\Programme\Drago\Engines\Fuego\fuego.exe
#
###[Hiratuka No Igo]###
# %USERPROFILE%\Programme\Drago\Engines\Hiratuka10_36L\Hiratuka-%BOARDSIZE%x%BOARDSIZE%.exe
# -po %MONTECARLOPLAYOUT%
#
###[Pachi 11 UCT]###
# %USERPROFILE%\Programme\Drago\Engines\pachi-11.00-win32\pachi.exe
# -f %USERPROFILE%\Programme\Drago\Engines\pachi-11.00-win32\6D+book.dat -t =%MONTECARLOPLAYOUT% threads=6,pondering=0

for /F "tokens=1,2,3 delims=:," %%a in ("%time: =0%") do set uhrzeit=%%a%%b%%c
set datetime=%date:~6,4%%date:~3,2%%date:~0,2%.%uhrzeit:~0,4%
set PREFIX=%gamename%_%datetime%
set TWOGTP=%JAVA% -jar "%LIBFOLDER%gogui-twogtp.jar" -komi %KOMI% -size %BOARDSIZE% -black ""%BLACK% %ARGSB%"" -white ""%WHITE% %ARGSW%"" %TIME_MINUTES% -verbose -games %GAMES% -sgffile %PREFIX%
REM Open the program using Java Runtime Environment for Windows (javaw.exe).  Note that this command actually passes a javaw.exe instance argument to ITSELF,
REM because both gogui and gogui-twogtp are independent Java programs.
"%JAVA%" -jar "%LIBFOLDER%gogui.jar" -komi %KOMI% -size %BOARDSIZE% %TIME_MINUTES% -computer-both -auto -program "%TWOGTP%"

echo %errorlevel%
REM Analyze/Process the saved game files and generate an HTML summary file.
"%JAVA%" -jar "%LIBFOLDER%gogui-twogtp.jar" -analyze %PREFIX%.dat

Post #53 Posted: Mon May 02, 2016 6:35 pm 
Lives with ko

Is the unclocked version 5d? How can I buy the unlocked version? Even with Google translate, I still can't get through the checkout.

Post #54 Posted: Wed May 11, 2016 10:17 am 
Lives in gote

Any idea when the next version of Hira will come out?

Post #55 Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:56 am 
Dies with sente

Liked others: 8
KGS: kneh
ez4u wrote:
Try http://www.vector.co.jp/soft/winnt/game/se512394.html

Just check the current user information for HiraBot, HiraMC1, or HiraMC2 on KGS for the current link. HiraBot is currently a 5d while the MC's are 4d on KGS.

This is an extremely interesting program since it runs on a single-cpu (admittedly high-end), windows PC, i.e. within reach of essentially anyone. According to the info HiraBot is running on an i7-3770k with a Nvidia GTX670 GPU while the two MC's are running on (sharing?) an i7-4790k (without gpu?). It implemented some form of neural net late last year and jumped 2 dan on KGS. The HiraBot version can be downloaded for free but is locked at the '1k' level (whatever that might mean at the moment). The unlocked version costs JPY 1,728 (about $16)!

Hmmm, it seems that the new link has gone dead as well.

Post #56 Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:17 am 
Oza

Liked others: 2338
Was liked: 1332
KGS: ez4u
The link changes every time they update the file I believe. You need to check the user info on the HiraBots playing on KGS: currently the HiraBot3x's for the non-GPU version and HiraBot3 for the (NVIDIA only) GPU version.

This post by ez4u was liked by: dohduhdah

Post #57 Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:24 pm 
Dies with sente

Liked others: 8
KGS: kneh
Is there any way to report bugs? Hirabot on KGS doesn't have an email address listed.

Sometimes Hira doesn't seem to assess the life-death status of groups correctly, like in this game where the bottom left black group should
be marked dead:

http://i.imgur.com/Q3IGjcO.png

Post #58 Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:57 pm 
Dies in gote

Was liked: 0
How to run this on GoGui? I think it makes faster move on GoGui but weaker because I don't know how to adjust its strenght. ON the other hand, running on Draco with 100000+ simulation at lvl 10, but it makes move too slow.

My computer spec is: Intel Core i7-4790 3.60 GHz Quad-core Processor (8MB Cache, up to 4.0GHz) + NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 Graphics with 4GB DDR3

Trying to let it play with zen to find out which one is stronger.

Post #59 Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:11 pm 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 15
Was liked: 23
kdbaby1412 wrote:
How to run this on GoGui? I think it makes faster move on GoGui but weaker because I don't know how to adjust its strenght. ON the other hand, running on Draco with 100000+ simulation at lvl 10, but it makes move too slow.

My computer spec is: Intel Core i7-4790 3.60 GHz Quad-core Processor (8MB Cache, up to 4.0GHz) + NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 Graphics with 4GB DDR3

You can set the number of playouts at the command line. I set it to 15000 playouts for 1 hour/game on one i5 core.

Hiratuka-19x19.exe -po 15000

Post #60 Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:44 am 
Dies in gote

Was liked: 0
as0770 wrote:
kdbaby1412 wrote:

You can set the number of playouts at the command line. I set it to 15000 playouts for 1 hour/game on one i5 core.

Hiratuka-19x19.exe -po 15000

Do you insert it directly inside the quotation mark? I tried it and it said error.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next