It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Who would win?
AlphaGo win against both Ke Jie and Chinese team 87%  87%  [ 46 ]
AlphaGo lost against Ke Jie but win against Chinese team 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
AlphaGo win against Ke Jie but lost against Chinese team 6%  6%  [ 3 ]
AlphaGo lost on both event 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 53
 Post subject: Re: Predict AlphaGo on Future of Go Summit in Wuzhen, China
Post #21 Posted: Sat May 06, 2017 10:37 pm 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 3
Was liked: 8
djhbrown wrote:
more to the point, without the Kims, there would be no Kim Chee, and then where would we be? living off overboiled English cabbage, about as tasty as Alphago

Without the Kims, there would be... nothing, and no man needs nothing. Koreans, and specifically the Kims, are responsible for all that is good and quite possibly creation itself.

Did you know that Jesus was Korean, and so was Confucius? Koreans also invented anime, video games, Chinese characters, the game of Go, automobiles, telescopes, stethoscopes, microscopes, bowling, rowing, pawnshops, tampons, harpoons, cartoons, the printing press, pizza, jeans, airplanes, microchips, gun powder, etc. The list is inexhaustible.

The very few things that are not of Korean origin are Samsung batteries and Cho Seung-Hui (of the Virginia Tech massacre fame). Inexplicably, Koreans try to distance themselves from Mr. Cho Seung-Hui, a towering martyr of anti-imperialist struggle.

In any event, I had a nice pasta dinner today, and I thanked the Koreans for inventing pasta; without pasta, I would have had to subsist on overboiled English cabbage.

ImageImage

Last edited by ewan1971 on Sat May 06, 2017 11:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post #22 Posted: Sat May 06, 2017 11:10 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 23
Was liked: 43
Confucius was a patronising Nazi. All that stuff about "follow me, i'm the big daddy". Yecch!

Give me Lao-Tse any day.

Post #23 Posted: Sat May 06, 2017 11:41 pm 
Dies in gote

djhbrown wrote:
Confucius was a patronising Nazi. All that stuff about "follow me, i'm the big daddy". Yecch!

Give me Lao-Tse any day.

Lao-Tse was Korean too, by the way, and quite possibly related to the Kims.

And what's wrong with following Confucius? We all should be so lucky to follow such a famous Korean philosopher and wise man.

We non-Koreans are mere blades of grass, and Koreans are the sun. We owe our existence to the Koreans. It doesn't matter if it's Kim Jong-il, Kim Jong-un, Kim-Chee, Park In-ho, Bum Suk-ho, Moon Kee-boi, Suk poo-dong, Cho Kong-kok, Ho Bum-leek, so long the person is Korean, we must follow him or her without questioning.

Last edited by ewan1971 on Sun May 07, 2017 10:17 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Post #24 Posted: Sat May 06, 2017 11:53 pm 
Gosei

Liked others: 90
Was liked: 837
KGS: Capsule 4d
Tygem: 치킨까스 5d
Please keep posts relevant to the topic per forum rules:
Quote:
3. Meaningless Posts
Keep posts relevant to the topic and make sure to use the edit button when appropriate.

This post by Solomon was liked by 4 people: Bonobo, dfan, gamesorry, Joaz Banbeck

Post #25 Posted: Sun May 07, 2017 3:19 pm 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 0
Don't belittle Koreans by making outrageous claims.
Chinese president thinks that a part of Korea was their district.
Go way way back and beyond the west and north from Paekdu mountain used to be the land of Goguryu empire. Yet Chinese are changing history just like the Japanese to hide facts and educating their young generation with bogus story no other countries agree on.
These egocentric teachings of China and Japan must stop or they'll think the whole part of Asia is theirs.
Believe me or not Korea is an homogeneous nation unlike China and Japan.
That tells a lot about why they in group moved to settle in Korean peninsula.
Chinese think that all Asians came from China which is a total nonsense.
Chinese are mixed groups of clans that united whether voluntarily or not, in a single big mass of land. There's no single origin or identity of Chinese because of this. Mixed people tend to be more violent and problematic compared to pure blooded. Just look and compare any dogs that are half breed and pure bred. That tells a lot about what's going on with today's conflicts around the world.
Go was also said to be originated in China which maybe true but it's not a chinese game. There's not even a single record of any chinese ancestor inventing the game. You go way way back and only Korea has more simplest form of Go game on record and baduk the word is distinct from China and Japan.
Weichi and Igo both meaning either a surrounding stone or surrounding sound of wood. But Koreans call it baduk because it originated from rice field and that how it is shaped a big square with lines going across vertically and horizontally.
Korean language is another unique and original which can't be traced back to any ancient language. This makes it more puzzling as to who ancient Koreans were. Only Chinese and Japanese hate most of these facts because they feel primitive and shallow to the long culture of Korea.

Post #26 Posted: Sun May 07, 2017 5:17 pm 
Dies in gote

Alphazen wrote:
Don't belittle Koreans by making outrageous claims.
Chinese president thinks that a part of Korea was their district.
Go way way back and beyond the west and north from Paekdu mountain used to be the land of Goguryu empire. Yet Chinese are changing history just like the Japanese to hide facts and educating their young generation with bogus story no other countries agree on.
These egocentric teachings of China and Japan must stop or they'll think the whole part of Asia is theirs.
Believe me or not Korea is an homogeneous nation unlike China and Japan.
That tells a lot about why they in group moved to settle in Korean peninsula.
Chinese think that all Asians came from China which is a total nonsense.
Chinese are mixed groups of clans that united whether voluntarily or not, in a single big mass of land. There's no single origin or identity of Chinese because of this. Mixed people tend to be more violent and problematic compared to pure blooded. Just look and compare any dogs that are half breed and pure bred. That tells a lot about what's going on with today's conflicts around the world.
Go was also said to be originated in China which maybe true but it's not a chinese game. There's not even a single record of any chinese ancestor inventing the game. You go way way back and only Korea has more simplest form of Go game on record and baduk the word is distinct from China and Japan.
Weichi and Igo both meaning either a surrounding stone or surrounding sound of wood. But Koreans call it baduk because it originated from rice field and that how it is shaped a big square with lines going across vertically and horizontally.
Korean language is another unique and original which can't be traced back to any ancient language. This makes it more puzzling as to who ancient Koreans were. Only Chinese and Japanese hate most of these facts because they feel primitive and shallow to the long culture of Korea.

LOL, and you don't think North Koreans are unhinged? That was my whole point.

Post #27 Posted: Sun May 07, 2017 6:36 pm 
Gosei

Liked others: 90
Was liked: 837
KGS: Capsule 4d
Tygem: 치킨까스 5d
Consider this a warning Alphazen and ewan1971 for continuing to violate the forum rules (see above), next off-topic post's a ban.

This post by Solomon was liked by: Joaz Banbeck

Post #28 Posted: Mon May 08, 2017 2:03 am 
Judan

Liked others: 436
Was liked: 3719
KGS: Uberdude 4d
OGS: Uberdude 7d
I suggest move all posts from #13 onward to a new thread in Off-Topic called "Ramblings on Korea" or some-such. Agree?

Post #29 Posted: Tue May 09, 2017 7:35 am 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 44
Was liked: 218
GD Posts: 10
Xinhua Sports on Twitter

"Top Go pros Jiang Zhujiu and Rui Naiwei will explain every move of Man vs Machine clashes between China's Ke Jie and AlphaGo on May 23-27"

This post by pookpooi was liked by 2 people: Bonobo, djhbrown

Post #30 Posted: Wed May 10, 2017 3:38 am 
Lives in sente

Life steam on YouTube (not DeepMind channel) https://youtu.be/kDTWCNLd55M

This post by pookpooi was liked by 3 people: Bonobo, johnsmith, wolfking

Post #31 Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 8:50 am 
Lives in sente

In this news http://sports.sina.com.cn/go/2017-05-12 ... 4772.shtml

Meng Tailing 6p suggest Ke Jie to stop looking for AI weakness and play in his usual style.
This confirm that Ke Jie has been train under AI-specific program for a while (his losing streak against FineArt maybe one of his experiment) and it might affect his results against human recently.

This post by pookpooi was liked by: Bonobo

Post #32 Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 2:11 pm 
Lives in gote

Meng is wrong; Ke Jie is right. You can't beat her at her own game, you have to probe beneath the surface.

The dog does have weaknesses, although finding them is harder for her than for most opps. based on how she works, i'm guessing one of them is a lack of positional judgment, compensated for by extraordinary reading ability.

We will see :)

Post #33 Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 6:38 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 669
Was liked: 11
djhbrown wrote:

The dog does have weaknesses, although finding them is harder for her than for most opps. based on how she works, i'm guessing one of them is a lack of positional judgment, compensated for by extraordinary reading ability.

We will see :)

From my experience with Zen, Crazy Stone and Leela, I'm guessing just the opposite: positional judgement is superb, the reading ability is not yet perfect. :)

This post by Waylon was liked by: dfan

Post #34 Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 6:42 am 
Lives in gote

:) that's the difference between us, a difference between an objective examination of the technology, and a subjective impression gained from personal experience

Post #35 Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 1:46 pm 
Gosei

Liked others: 886
Was liked: 527
GD Posts: 61
KGS: dfan
Waylon wrote:
From my experience with Zen, Crazy Stone and Leela, I'm guessing just the opposite: positional judgement is superb, the reading ability is not yet perfect. :)

The consensus of the 9ps that lost to Master seemed to be that its positional judgment was qualitatively better than theirs.

Post #36 Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 2:53 pm 
Oza

Liked others: 8262
Was liked: 924
OGS: trohde
Universal go server handle: trohde
dfan wrote:
The consensus of the 9ps that lost to Master seemed to be that its positional judgment was qualitatively better than theirs.

Methinks this would fall under …

djhbrown wrote:
a subjective impression gained from personal experience

Post #37 Posted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:03 am 
Lives in sente

One more week to go, DeepMind team on the way to China (I don't know if they arrived at the airport like celebrity like what happened in Seoul), while many Chinese pro are estimating Ke Jie 9p chance
Yu Zhiying 5p, the highest ranked Chinese female player gave Ke Jie 30% chance against AlphaGo
Gu Li 9p said if Ke Jie play with his 100%, he will get 5% chance against AlphaGo
Nie Wieping 9p simply said AlphaGo has 100% win chance
Ke Jie gets a lot of advice from his pro friends. He said this is the fight to death, there's no winrate, lost is 100% lost, win is 100% win
Also, don't forget to vote! AlphaGo version was frozen two weeks before the real match (may be to test if it's working correctly on big machine)

Last edited by pookpooi on Wed May 24, 2017 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

This post by pookpooi was liked by 2 people: Bonobo, Waylon

Post #38 Posted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:14 pm 
Dies with sente

Liked others: 24
Was liked: 16
pookpooi wrote:
One more week to go, DeepMind team on the way to China (I don't know if they arrived at the airport like celebrity like what happened in Seoul), while many Chinese pro are estimating Ke Jie 9p chance
Yu Zhiying 5p, the highest ranked Chinese female player gave Ke Jie 30% chance against AlphaGo

I agree with her. Ke Jie has 30% chance to win, if he receives 3 stones handicap.

Post #39 Posted: Tue May 16, 2017 2:46 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 54
Was liked: 216
pookpooi what is the source of the AlphaGo rating graph you posted?

Post #40 Posted: Wed May 17, 2017 4:23 am 
Lives in gote

alphaville wrote:
Ke Jie has 30% chance to win
He has a 100% chance to win the only thing that counts: the appearance money, because he's already got it. Which is rather unfair to Poor Porky Pie PRers who have to feed parents and brother on a few clickbait crumbs from the rich man's table, sourced-up by a dash of Auntie Dee's makeitupasyougoalong Homemade graphic Catsup.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next