It is currently Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Author Message
Offline
 Post subject: Re: A Go AI app for iOS with that strong neural network
Post #181 Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:18 am 
Dies in gote

Posts: 59
Liked others: 4
Was liked: 2
y_ich san,

I have two bugs to report, maybe they are related.

When your app is set to use KataGo and I open a game stored in sgf, the Win Rate totally off. It seams that it somehow is affected by the end position of that game. And it keeps being wrong if you step through the game (I am surprised that no one else has stumbled on this bug). The bug is not in just this version. It was in the previous versions as well.

The second bug is not from usual usage. As I was wondering what KataGo would think of reversed komi, I created a sgf where black passes his first move (with komi) and then expected the Win Rate to go high for white. But when I open the sgf (where black passes) in study mode and step one move forward the Win Rate is still close to 50-50. After white makes his move the Win Rate goes up for white to the expected level. I have noticed strange behaviour regarding pass in other situations as well. They are hard to find as there is no option to pass in study mode.


I still wish for a confirmation popup for pass when playing :-)

And I think it would be nice with a possibility to pass in study mode.
(now one have to save the game and add a pass in the sgf file an reload)

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: A Go AI app for iOS with that strong neural network
Post #182 Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:22 pm 
Dies with sente

Posts: 85
Liked others: 0
Was liked: 22
Rank: Tygem 7d
Limeztone san,

Thank you for reporting bugs!

1. I could not reproduce the first issue. Could you send the SGF to new.three.rs@gmail.com?

2. This is currently the app's specification. The app removes the last passes as ending procedure. If you want to try the same thing, please play white's first move or make an SGF with KM property as minus value.

Would you send bug reports and feature request by e-mail?
Or if you have a github account, creating issues in https://github.com/new3Rs/a_master_of_go is welocome, too.

I hope that this thread will be a place at which users help each other for usage of the app.

Thank you!

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: A Go AI app for iOS with that strong neural network
Post #183 Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:32 am 
Beginner

Posts: 2
Liked others: 0
Was liked: 0
Rank: EGF 2d
y_ich san,
Thanks again for all your work

In fact, my main (slight) complaint at the moment is that there is no easy way to switch from study mode to game mode, i.e. I would like to be able to set any position on the board (for instance by letting the computer play again itself) and enter game mode, or play in game mode with black and when the position feels hopeless, switch colors, etc. My incompetent feeling is that should not be very hard to program, but what do I know ?

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: A Go AI app for iOS with that strong neural network
Post #184 Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:33 pm 
Dies with sente

Posts: 85
Liked others: 0
Was liked: 22
Rank: Tygem 7d
Dfeldmann san,

Thank you for your feature request!
I will consider about it.

(Since putting the "bug report/feature request" button in version 5.0.6, I am constantly getting feature requests. So what I can say quickly is just "I will consider about it"^^;)

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: A Go AI app for iOS with that strong neural network
Post #185 Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:05 am 
Dies in gote

Posts: 59
Liked others: 4
Was liked: 2
y_ich wrote:
Limeztone san,

Thank you for reporting bugs!

1. I could not reproduce the first issue. Could you send the SGF to new.three.rs@gmail.com?

2. This is currently the app's specification. The app removes the last passes as ending procedure. If you want to try the same thing, please play white's first move or make an SGF with KM property as minus value.

Would you send bug reports and feature request by e-mail?
Or if you have a github account, creating issues in https://github.com/new3Rs/a_master_of_go is welocome, too.

I hope that this thread will be a place at which users help each other for usage of the app.

Thank you!


I'm a bit surprised that you can't reproduce it.
For me it happens with any sgf I try...

But you can try this one:


Attachments:
Sample.sgf [1.41 KiB]
Downloaded 24 times
Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: A Go AI app for iOS with that strong neural network
Post #186 Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:44 am 
Dies in gote

Posts: 59
Liked others: 4
Was liked: 2
Limeztone wrote:
your app is set to use KataGo and I open a game stored in sgf, the Win Rate totally off. It seams that it somehow is affected by the end position of that game. And it keeps being wrong if you step through the game (I am surprised that no one else has stumbled on this bug). The bug is not in just this version. It was in the previous versions as well.


Is it really only for me that this happens?
If someone care to verify you can use the Sample.sgf that I included in my previous post.

y_ich san, nice redesign of undo! And thanks for confirmation of pass!

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: A Go AI app for iOS with that strong neural network
Post #187 Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:57 am 
Dies in gote

Posts: 59
Liked others: 4
Was liked: 2
Limeztone wrote:
Limeztone wrote:
your app is set to use KataGo and I open a game stored in sgf, the Win Rate totally off. It seams that it somehow is affected by the end position of that game. And it keeps being wrong if you step through the game (I am surprised that no one else has stumbled on this bug). The bug is not in just this version. It was in the previous versions as well.
Is it really only for me that this happens?
If someone care to verify you can use the Sample.sgf that I included in my previous post.

y_ich san, nice redesign of undo! And thanks for confirmation of pass!
This issue exist in the newer versions as well.
It's a bit sad not to be able to "review" sgf-games...

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: A Go AI app for iOS with that strong neural network
Post #188 Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:30 am 
Lives in gote

Posts: 650
Liked others: 283
Was liked: 325
Does the app work without problems on the new iPad Pro 2020?

I expect that there is no difference to other iOS devices (given that not that much has changed from the iPad Pro 2018), but just wanted to be sure before buying an expensive device.

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: A Go AI app for iOS with that strong neural network
Post #189 Posted: Fri May 29, 2020 11:52 pm 
Lives in sente
User avatar

Posts: 816
Liked others: 290
Was liked: 327
Hi y_ich,

Still love your work, and hope you are doing ok in the virus crisis.

Any chance that you can update the app with the final katago models now that it’s completed it’s most recent run?

Thanks!

_________________
Want to see videos of low-dan mistakes and what to learn from them? Brady's Blunders

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: A Go AI app for iOS with that strong neural network
Post #190 Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:55 am 
Dies in gote

Posts: 59
Liked others: 4
Was liked: 2
y_ish san,

please let us know if you still read this forum!

I have a tiny suggestion!
At least I think it would be very easy to implement.
It's quite normal to play with reversed komi.
And as I see there is today no way to set up you app with reverse komi (other than -0.5)
So we can't study with reversed komi, if we want.

Thanks in advance!

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: A Go AI app for iOS with that strong neural network
Post #191 Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:17 pm 
Oza
User avatar

Posts: 2273
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Liked others: 2152
Was liked: 1282
Rank: Jp 6 dan
KGS: ez4u
Limeztone wrote:
y_ish san,

please let us know if you still read this forum!

...

You can always hit the "profile" button below any of his (or anyone else's) post and check when they were last on L19. As I write this y_ish was last here on Friday, May 29th (Japan Standard Time).

_________________
Dave Sigaty
"Short-lived are both the praiser and the praised, and rememberer and the remembered..."
- Marcus Aurelius; Meditations, VIII 21

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group