It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 523 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: New android app "BadukAI"
Post #461 Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:13 pm 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 0
When will the new version come out? I cannot wait to see. :)

Post #462 Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:43 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 13
Was liked: 151
I made a new version (1.16) available on play store https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.kir.baduk_ai and github https://github.com/aki65/aki65.github.io/releases/tag/v1.16.0 with the following changes:

1) Faster networks
The built-in Katago 20b network and the 40b network from https://github.com/aki65/aki65.github.io/releases/tag/v1.16.0 are about 30% faster on recent Snapdragon devices. I couldn't check the effect on other chipsets, but they should be at least as fast as before.

2) 27x27 and 29x29 boards

3) You can now choose the NPU accelerator, that BadukAI should use, in the "Edit Config" dialog. By default, BadukAI makes a reasonable choice, but that will not be optimal on all chipsets. So you can now try all available choices yourself and check which one is fastest.

4) Navigation into sgf variations
If the game tree contains several continuations from the current position, the button "next var" will be enabled. Tapping this button doesn't change the position, but switches to the next variation. As a result the circle, which indicates the next move, will change. If you then tap ">", you will advance into the chosen variation. If you are already on the last variation, "next var" will switch to the first one. The button "back to main" will always take you back to the main line (to the position where your chosen variation left off the main line).
When you are not at the end of the current game branch and you enter a move manually or let the AI generate a move, you create a new variation.
So you now have basic sgf editing functionality.

5) The kyu-rank bot now passes when appropriate.

This post by akigo was liked by 2 people: Amigo, And

Post #463 Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:49 am 
Gosei

Liked others: 202
Was liked: 203
@akigo

you're just a wizard!!! thank you very much, very much!!! all the best and good health!!! :D

Post #464 Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:46 pm 
Gosei

on an old tablet (MTK8735P) network 20B ~45 visits/min, version 1.15 network 20B ~35 visits/min

Post #465 Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:00 pm 
Gosei

when I want to download the network, via Choose *.txt.gz/*.bin.gz, I can't select any file. any networks are loaded through Choose *.tflite (bin and txt, and not optimized)! network g170small-b4c32-s709658624-d275852492 does not load in any way :sad:

Post #466 Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:55 am 
Gosei

after kyu-rank bot makes a pass, the engine turns off

Post #467 Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:57 am 
Gosei

kyu-rank bot has become much better at playing. have there been any changes?

This post by And was liked by: Amigo

Post #468 Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:32 pm 
Lives with ko

And wrote:
when I want to download the network, via Choose *.txt.gz/*.bin.gz, I can't select any file. any networks are loaded through Choose *.tflite (bin and txt, and not optimized)!

Yes, this can happen on older devices (and can't be avoided). I have explained the reason here: https://github.com/aki65/aki65.github.io/issues/51#issuecomment-984968944

And wrote:
network g170small-b4c32-s709658624-d275852492 does not load in any way :sad:

Do you mean "It can't be selected in the file picker" or do you mean "Katago crashes when loading it" ?

And wrote:
after kyu-rank bot makes a pass, the engine turns off

Yes, after a pass by black (for example) the mode "play B" is switched off. If you want the bot to continue playing as black, you can simply tap "play B" again (but why should you, it has already passed).
I did this for the following reason:
On a fast device, the kyu-rank bot takes only some milliseconds to play. So, if you let two kyu-rank bots play against each other (for fun or for testing purposes), then at some point they will both pass forever. Without the precaution above this would mean that they will throw hundreds of "KG passes" popups per second at the UI. So the UI would be completely blocked and you wouldn't be able to get at the buttons to stop this. So the app would become unusable.

And wrote:
kyu-rank bot has become much better at playing. have there been any changes?

No, but keep in mind that:
a) The strength of the kyu-rank bot depends on the network used.
b) The choice of move by the kyu-rank bot involves a lot of randomness. So its quality of play may vary a lot from game to game.

Post #469 Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:34 pm 
Gosei

"It can't be selected in the file picker"
EDIT sorry, it is selected, but the "load" is not active

for other questions, everything is clear, thank you!

Post #470 Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:27 pm 
Lives with ko

And wrote:
"It can't be selected in the file picker"

I found the model in your KG thread and could check the issue.

I can select default_model.bin.gz in the file picker, but you are right: it can't be loaded because "Load" remains disabled. The reason is as follows:

I want to let the inexperienced user know, that he must load two files (.bin.gz and .tflite) for an optimized model, but only one for an original model. So if the user first loads a .bin.gz, the UI tries to guess if it is part of an optimized model (then "Load" should remain disabled until the .tflite is selected) or if it is an original model (then "Load" should be enabled). How does the UI "guess" this (after all, it doesn't know the internal structure of the files) ? Well, it looks at the size: The .bin.gz, which are part of an optimized model are very small (because most is in the .tflite), the original .bin.gz are much bigger (because they contain the whole model). And now comes the problem: The 4 blocks default_model.bin.gz is so small, that the UI thinks, it must be part of an optimized model, so "Load" remains disabled.

To make a long story short: The file must be bigger to load it. So I added some junk at the end (which KG doesn't read because it knows when the model is complete) and arrived at the attached file. I can load it and it runs well. Please try if it works for you.

Attachments:
big_default_model.bin.gz [1.02 MiB]
Downloaded 356 times

This post by akigo was liked by 2 people: Amigo, And

Post #471 Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:30 pm 
Gosei

thank you very much! :D

Post #472 Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:26 pm 
Dies in gote

Oh, you are the god of baduk! :clap:

Post #473 Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:22 pm 
Lives with ko

I made a small update (1.17) available on play store https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.kir.baduk_ai and github https://github.com/aki65/aki65.github.io/releases/tag/v1.17.0 with some minor bugfixes.

Post #474 Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:09 pm 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 60
Was liked: 10
kyu-rank does not show the winrate. when a beginner plays, he does not understand how he plays. is it possible to add such an option? and thank you for the wonderful program! :clap:

Post #475 Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:22 pm 
Gosei

Amigo wrote:
kyu-rank does not show the winrate. when a beginner plays, he does not understand how he plays. is it possible to add such an option? and thank you for the wonderful program! :clap:

what the bot thinks is interesting not only for beginners :)

Post #476 Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:23 pm 
Lives with ko

The kyu-rank bot doesn't calculate winrates for his moves, that's why nothing is displayed. But I could show the winrate for the current position from KataGo's network (without any playouts). That should be enough to know how the game is going.

Post #477 Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:49 pm 
Gosei

akigo wrote:
The kyu-rank bot doesn't calculate winrates for his moves, that's why nothing is displayed. But I could show the winrate for the current position from KataGo's network (without any playouts). That should be enough to know how the game is going.

it's interesting! :)

please make the board size selection buttons bigger in the next version, they are difficult to get into. and if you miss, the engine starts loading... :sad:

Post #478 Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:32 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 60
Was liked: 10
akigo wrote:

probably this is a good solution.

Post #479 Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:54 am 
Lives with ko

I made a new version (1.18) available on play store https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... r.baduk_ai and github https://github.com/aki65/aki65.github.i ... ag/v1.18.0 with the following new features:

1) pan/zoom for board
As usual: If you put two fingers on the board and move them apart, the board will be increased (and vice versa). If you move both fingers in parallel (i.e. without changing their distance) the visible part of the board will be moved.

2) display winrate for kyu-rank bot
as discussed in the previous posts

3) more tolerant sgf reading

4) speed of jumping through game tree is optimized

5) ready for android 13

This post by akigo was liked by 3 people: Amigo, And, Dragon

Post #480 Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:38 am 
Dies in gote

Katago recently release a weight of 18b and won the second place in UEC competition. It is said that the same playout amount is stronger than the weight of 60b. Can you support it :salute:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 523 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next