It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 523 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: New android app "BadukAI"
Post #41 Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:50 am 
Gosei

Liked others: 202
Was liked: 203
GT 610 is a low-power graphics card that is close enough in performance to tablets. but it seems to me that KataGo 10b and on other settings (time parity) is stronger than Leelaz 15b

This post by And was liked by: go4thewin

Post #42 Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:05 pm 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 13
Was liked: 151
I added a link to a separate 32 bit APK to https://aki65.github.io/. No guarantees since I don't have a 32 bit device to test. But anybody, who had the "incompatible with your device"-problem up to now, might have another try with the 32 bit APK ...

This post by akigo was liked by 2 people: And, go4thewin

Post #43 Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:01 pm 
Gosei

on the tablet while it works! thank!

Post #44 Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:18 pm 
Gosei

can you make it possible to replace networks? can put networks in an accessible folder where you can remove or add a network? for example, I don't need Leelaz networks, but I need KataGo networks 6 and 15 blocks

Post #45 Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:27 pm 
Beginner

Liked others: 11
Was liked: 3
Why is this app using internet connection? I was not able to find any feature that would need it.

Post #46 Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:59 pm 
Lives with ko

@And

I made a new version (0.4) in which the settings menu displays the current network in the first field (if KataGo is in use). If you tap on this field, a file dialog opens where you can select a network file from your device storage. Please note: To avoid duplication the network file is not copied into the app. Instead it will be read from the chosen location on each subsequent start, so please don't delete it while still in use.

@veikko

BadukAI doesn't use nor require internet connection (you can check that in app permissions). So I have no idea how this usage statistics can occur. On my phone it doesn't appear in internet data usage.

Post #47 Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:06 pm 
Gosei

akigo many thanks!!!

Post #48 Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:01 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 22
Was liked: 97
Another H6 game with komi 7.5 : BadukAI (KG20b, 10s/move, Exynos 990) v. CSDL 5dan

With only 10s/move, on a smartphone, it wins at H6 against 5d, woaw... How strong is it ?

Attachments:
BadukAI10secKG20b_CSDL5danH6komi75.sgf [1.78 KiB]
Downloaded 750 times

This post by Vargo was liked by: go4thewin

Post #49 Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:31 am 
Gosei

after selecting "load sgf" it often crash - the touch does not work correctly (below touch) and the main screen:

Attachments:
Screenshot_20200926-014910.jpg
Screenshot_20200926-014910.jpg [ 81.29 KiB | Viewed 24991 times ]

Post #50 Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:36 am 
Lives with ko

@And

the main screen looks pretty normal: After loading sgf it displays the starting position of the game (no stones on the board), the circle shows the position of the next move. In the grey histogram below the board the red triangle (which indicates the current position within the sgf) is at the beginning.

You should now be able to navigate within the sgf by the "<" and ">" button or by tapping on the desired position in the grey histogram (e.g. rightmost segment to get to the end of the sgf). If this does not work, please post the sgf, then I could try to reproduce the problem.

Last edited by akigo on Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post #51 Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:54 am 
Lives with ko

@And

The only irregular thing I can see in the screenshot is the black zone on top which seems to shrink the layout (therefore hiding part of the board). This could also be responsible for a touch offset. I'm afraid, I have no idea why this occurs, it never happened on my phone.

To work around this, you could try the alternative way to open an sgf:
Select the sgf file in the system's file explorer, choose action "share" or "open in" and select "BadukAI" as target.

Post #52 Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:06 pm 
Gosei

the top panel has moved down and covers part of the board (19th line). to get to the menu, you must click above (red arrow). does not depend on sgf, it happens after touch "load sgf"

Attachments:
Screenshot.jpg
Screenshot.jpg [ 19.6 KiB | Viewed 24971 times ]

Post #53 Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:18 pm 
Gosei

the fact is that after connecting a new network (when switching screen), this also happens

Post #54 Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:41 pm 
Lives with ko

@And

thanks for the additional information and all the screenshots. So the popup file dialog is probably the culprit. It seems that it has a bug. Unfortunately this is a standard element of the thirdparty UI toolkit that I use, so I can't fix this.

I can only try for a workaround. To this end I made a new version (0.5) where the file dialog is not fullscreen anymore. I can't check if this helps since I did not have the problem on my device before. So it's just a try. Please check if it improves things for you ...

Post #55 Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:33 am 
Gosei

all OK! Thank you very much!
Before version 0.5, I noticed that if in version 0.4, when the top panel is moved, I minimize the application and expand, panel snaps into place. this is inconvenient, but perhaps it will clarify the reason for the failure

Post #56 Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:41 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 200
Was liked: 30
@akigo

This is probably too much to ask since you have provided such great work to us for free. But could you do a paid version of the app with a kyu_rank option that uses sanderbaduk and balego's calibrated ai equation ( https://github.com/sanderland/katrain/issues/74 ) ? The equation allows you to put in an integer value for the variable "kyu_rank", which will adjust the strength of katago to your desired ranking by weakening the policy network through randomization and playing with 1 visit. Sanderbaduk has been willing to release the equation in the past and guide in its implementation. I think that would make Badukai a $15 app, because its stronger than crazystone.

Post #57 Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:17 am 
Gosei

Crazy Stone doesn't use a third party engine.

Post #58 Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:38 pm 
Lives with ko

@go4thewin

Sounds interesting, I will have a look into that. Stay tuned ...

This post by akigo was liked by: go4thewin

Post #59 Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:32 pm 
Gosei

is it possible to put networks in an accessible folder like android\data to delete unnecessary ones? take up a lot of space, inconvenient. or make optional loading of networks?
and can be added to the menu, where the "coordinates" are on/off, "show winrate" and "visits/sec" (or "visits"), also on/off?

Post #60 Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:02 pm 
Lives with ko

I made a new release (0.6):

@go4thewin
It includes a calibrated bot as in KaTrain (full credit to sanderland's great KaTrain project for the underlying algorithms). If KataGo is active, you can edit a "kyu-rank" in settings. If you enter a number between 30 and -8 (denoting 9-dan), a calibrated bot of roughly this strength will make the AI moves. If you enter anything else, full KataGo will be in charge of AI moves again. Analysis (via "ponder" or "analyse all") will always be done by full KataGo.

This is quite a big change, so if there are problems, please tell me and I will try to fix.

@And
Since your goal is to get rid of unused networks, I decided to implement this directly. The network dialog now also includes buttons to delete some (or all) of the internal networks.

This post by akigo was liked by 3 people: Amigo, And, go4thewin

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 523 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27  Next