It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Silverstar Go 2020 available by paypal
Post #1 Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:33 pm 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 200
Was liked: 30
https://s.shop.vector.co.jp/service/ser ... 1607480765

It looks like probably the best ai go opponent to play against, they accept paypal, i wonder if Americans/Europeans can buy it? it says you receive license key within 10 min.

Post subject: Re: Silverstar Go 2020 available by paypal
Post #2 Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:27 am 
Gosei

Liked others: 202
Was liked: 203
this program only in Japanese
https://www.silverstar.co.jp/gigo/

This post by And was liked by: go4thewin

Post #3 Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:30 am 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 3
KGS: ESMP
Tygem: ESMP
IGS: ESMP
Wbaduk: esmp
DGS: ESMP
OGS: ESMP
Universal go server handle: ESMP
Yes you can buy it. I did in August. However, please note it is only in Japanese and for some reason, certain texts require you not only to have the language pack installed but also your locale/region set to Japan in Windows in order to display it correctly.

This post by ESMP was liked by: go4thewin

Post #4 Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:22 am 
Lives with ko

thanks for the confirmation. I have the app but the windows program looks much better. Sorry, but if you don't mind just a few questions. Is the style of play better in zen or silverstar? Do you think it's the best program to play against? Did you buy it from the linked site? did you just put a random name in kanji in the name field. i keep getting stuck on that page, I was thinking maybe because of phone number. Any tips on how you bought it would be really helpful, thanks!

Post #5 Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:21 pm 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 3
KGS: ESMP
Tygem: ESMP
IGS: ESMP
Wbaduk: esmp
DGS: ESMP
OGS: ESMP
Universal go server handle: ESMP
go4thewin wrote:
thanks for the confirmation. I have the app but the windows program looks much better. Sorry, but if you don't mind just a few questions. Is the style of play better in zen or silverstar? Do you think it's the best program to play against? Did you buy it from the linked site? did you just put a random name in kanji in the name field. i keep getting stuck on that page, I was thinking maybe because of phone number. Any tips on how you bought it would be really helpful, thanks!

Ok so I'll try to answer each question.
1. I wont lie to you, I'm not a good enough player to be able to give you a reliable comparison. I own both (I'm assuming you are referring to Zenith Go 7) and I've found Zen to be designed towards higher level players. So, Ginsei is a little bit easier on me. You can also take a "ranking test" in which Ginsei adapts it's game style according to your level and at the end it gives you a certificate which is a fun thing I guess...
2. Yes, that's the download version that I used.
3. You could use a random Kanji name, in my case, I used a name I created for myself when I began my Japanese studies 15 years ago (yeah, I'm a nerd) and obviously it doesn't match my PayPal account so that was not a problem.
4. In the phone number field I filled in my 10 digit Mexican mobile number. I don't think this one's important for them either...
Anyway hope it helps. if you get stuck in something else, let me know.

Post #6 Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:43 am 
Lives with ko

Thanks for taking the time to reply, that helps alot! Im thinking of getting the dx version for beginners, but not ready to buy quite yet. that ranking certificate sounds neat.