It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Trouble with KataGo
Post #1 Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:57 am 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 0
KGS: KA0S
I had previously problems with KataGo due to AMD drivers for my graphics card (RX 5700 XT), however those were claimed to be solved with new drivers so I decided to give another try for installing Lizzie and KataGo.

I did first install KataGo and then Lizzie and while the Lizzies own KataGo seems to work fine, I couldn't get the version of KataGo I wanted to use (version 1.4.5 OpenCL for windows 10 with 40-block weight file) to work. I tried removing it and installing it again while Lizzie was already installed, but still the same problem exists.

The problem I'm having, is that when I choose the wanted engine, I get Lizzie - Error! with message "Engine process ended unintentionally for some reason. You may find more information in GTP console. Engine command: D:\KA0S\Games\Go\KataGo\katago.exe --weights [weight files filepath] -g --lagbuffer 0".
I will include picture of Lizzies GTP console.
Additionally when I close the error messages and GTP console, in Lizzies main window there's text Engine is down.

Attachments:
File comment: Lizzies GTP console. I couldn't fit all of the text fit on my screen though so this is lower part.
Lizzie GTP console.jpg
Lizzie GTP console.jpg [ 531.67 KiB | Viewed 7917 times ]

Post subject: Re: Trouble with KataGo
Post #2 Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:46 pm 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 114
Was liked: 916
I think you're attempting to provide command line arguments to KataGo as if it were Leela Zero. KataGo does not have command line arguments --weights and --lagbuffer, and so on.

Try mimicking the form of the command line for the one that came with for Lizzie. Or, look at https://github.com/lightvector/KataGo#how-to-use. You can also run KataGo within a command prompt yourself and try the subcommands and pass in "-help" to see help.

And if you still run into trouble pay close attention to the error message at the bottom. Notice how in your screenshot it's telling you that it didn't understand --weights, describing what the proper "Usage:" looks like, and then listing all the subcommands for the usage that it does understand, and telling you what they do. So it's telling you what the problem is - in this case, you're going to want the gtp subcommand, and if you make any further errors or typos, hopefully this message should continue to tell you what is wrong.

Post subject: Re: Trouble with KataGo
Post #3 Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:28 am 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 0
KGS: KA0S
Thanks for the response lightvector. I got the engine to work mimicking the line of implemented Katago, that is setting engine as [path to katago] gtp -model [path to weight file] (no config file as I use default config).