Post #1 Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:33 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 154
Was liked: 117
KGS: Ferran
IGS: Ferran
OGS: Ferran
Guys,

My main computer's kinda broken (with reason). I'm likely going to change my whole setup in February, we'll see, but one of the things I'm likely to do is set my computers for nightime unattended analysis of games. Very likely, on Raspberry, but that's still up for debate.

Thing is, I installed KataGo + Sabaki on a loaned computer. I haven't used bots for a while, but using it as an opponent worked. I'm now trying to put it to work on a Pro game, and it simply won't step onto the next move unless I force it. Plus, it usually loses all precalculated branches. Sabaki calls "kata-analyze B|W 50" but it doesn't seem to work; what am I missing?

Also, what I'd like to do is to put the analysis bot on its own, but, as I understand it, KataGo needs an external interpreter to do that, move by move.

Is there a text-only tool for that, one that runs silently and files the evaluation?

Thanks; take care.

Post subject: Re: Issues with KataGo + Sabaki and unattended analysis
Post #2 Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:37 pm 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 46
Was liked: 116
Ferran wrote:
Also, what I'd like to do is to put the analysis bot on its own, but, as I understand it, KataGo needs an external interpreter to do that, move by move.

Is there a text-only tool for that, one that runs silently and files the evaluation?

Thanks; take care.

You could try q5go, which has a batch analysis mode where you choose which files to analyze in a dialog and then just let it run.

This post by bernds was liked by 2 people: ez4u, lightvector