All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: useful or interesting facts
Post #1 Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:54 am 
Gosei

Liked others: 202
Was liked: 203
HandTalk version 96.09
Software Review
The advertisement says that the program has a 4 kyu diploma from Japan, this seems optimistic, the first game I played against it I gave it 9 stones and won by 241 (But I am a mean handicap player, I can normally give a real 4 kyu about 100 komi in a 9 stone game). However Handtalk is the first computer program I have seen trying a genuine premeditated swindle, and for much of the time it feels like playing someone who knows what is going on, and possesses a reasonable degree of native cunning. It does not feel stupid the way most programs do.

I had no difficulty loading it into Windows, running version 3.11 on a 60 MHz Pentium. The speed is satisfactory, the machine uses less that 15 minutes for a game playing on its highest level. Probably it would be a bit slow on a 386.
The advertisement says that the program has a 4 kyu diploma from Japan, this seems optimistic, the first game I played against it I gave it 9 stones and won by 241 (But I am a mean handicap player, I can normally give a real 4 kyu about 100 komi in a 9 stone game). However Handtalk is the first computer program I have seen trying a genuine premeditated swindle, and for much of the time it feels like playing someone who knows what is going on, and possesses a reasonable degree of native cunning. It does not feel stupid the way most programs do.

A good selection of editing features includes hints, suggested joseki moves, a choice of whose rules to play under, and various ways of changing the display. It would be nice to have a toggle which turns off the irritating tune permanently, so you don't have to hit the space bar to shut it up every time you end a game.

One very obscure bug (and it does't happen on all machines): When I switched to a monochrome screen the program seized up and stopped accepting moves. Possibly there is some problem with the way it assumes the screen drivers are set up.

In brief, Handtalk is the best program you can buy for playing go, but the interface is still a little unrefined.

review by Matthew Macfadyen, January 1997

https://britgo.org/reviews/htlrev.html

Post subject: Re: useful or interesting facts
Post #2 Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:01 am 
Gosei

Hand Talk 3
1 level ~ 15 kyu
5 level ~ 5 kyu

Attachments:
Hand Talk 3.jpg
Hand Talk 3.jpg [ 212.97 KiB | Viewed 11298 times ]

Post #3 Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:05 am 
Gosei

Hand Talk 5
1 level ~ 10 kyu
9 level ~ 1 kyu

Attachments:
Hand Talk 5.jpg
Hand Talk 5.jpg [ 69.9 KiB | Viewed 11292 times ]

Post #4 Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:12 am 
Gosei

Hand Talk 5 - CS Zero (Hand Talk 5 - 9 level, CS Zero - 1 dan)

Attachments:
Hand Talk 5 - CS Zero.sgf [1.89 KiB]
Downloaded 1071 times

Post #5 Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:27 am 
Gosei

Twenty years ago the strongest chess artificial intelligence: from the retirement of Professor Chen Zhi-line

Li Shi Shi and lost, with artificial intelligence AlphaGo go 5 fan Board(5 Board 3 wins match, the big score 0: 2 behind.In this“alpha dog,”has attracted the eyes of the world the time, know Almost Friends,“bridge in the”in“beautiful reading”column with we recall a bit of the Chinese Weiqi artificial intelligence pioneer, Chen Zhi-line of the old gentleman's story:

Original title: the whole world is talking about AlphaGo and Lee SAI stone, but you know once the computer go to the strongest person is a Chinese retired old Professor?

Today, the whole world is concerned about one thing: Li Shi Shi on behalf of the human acceptance of artificial intelligence AlphaGo challenge, to defend the human wisdom of the last barriers--go.

Who will lose and who will win?If Li Shi Shi was defeated, what does that mean?Now, we all know that the first disc Lee SAI Stone lost the battle.

Just a few short years, artificial intelligence in the game of go on the disc to achieve such success, in which scientific principles and technical details have not we, the lay people to engage gotta know.

Even and line the moment the computer Go program is also not the same thing.

Twenty years ago, there was a group of people, they cheerfully write a program, want to let the computer learn to under go.

Them numerous times to be told, under the go, the computer is not human, but they literally have to give it a try.

And in this process, there is a Chinese man once stood at the peak.At the time the world's highest level of computer Go tournament, he designed the program continuously won the three-time champion, and break the three people chess by sub-record.

In all contention that AlphaGo today, I think we should at least mention his name.

Data chart: Chen Zhi-line of the old gentleman left

This person called Chan Chi line.In 1991 before retiring, he was Sun Yat-sen University Department of chemistry Professor, main research direction is quantum chemistry, published by the organic molecular orbital theory of action.

You'll want to: the quantization learn?So the high-end concept, presumably being used to his computer go where to go.

He took the computer and go together, is to retire after only started do.

He is an avid chess fan.However, contrary to childhood learn chess rules, his thirty years after the abandoned chess and learn go.

His Lear is also reflected in the Natural Sciences who style:

Like scientific research, the collected data disaggregated made into cards.This card is made with small squares or geometric exercises in this cut, painted the figure, do the notes, a large part of which became the front is the problem figure, the back is the solution figure form.This work has been done in 1977, with the information of the card to accumulate seven or eight thousand more....... With chess force growth, I more and more feel go inscrutable, and his own intellectual shortcomings, it is difficult to reach the highest realm to comprehend its a great wonderful idea.So I off the beaten track, combined with your own favorite“numbers game”, the research potential is equivalent to how many mesh, weak chess equivalent of a negative how much mesh and other issues, has formed a kind of go a quantitative theory.This study did not seem to make their own chess skills to get what gain, but for the later study of computer go volts important a pen.

During the Cultural Revolution, the University of the normal teaching and learning activities is disrupted, Chen Zhi-line to put the excess energies are put to go in.He even wrote a letter, indicating that don't want to which Hill University Department of chemistry lecturer, and invite him to go to the teacher recommended him to go to Guangzhou Sports Commission work, that is, when a handyman is also good, as long as they can often get go teacher pointing would meet.He's go to the teacher to look after the letter can not help but stunned, and asked him not to jerk off to.

He studied computer is also against the self-study.

In 1977, he went to Shanghai school academic conferences, and live with three other individuals both to understand the computer, often talking about a programming problem, and he know it.It so happens that the guest house downstairs there is a 书亭, there are computer books to sell, he went and bought two books.

So, he started touching the computer.That year, Chen Zhi-line forty-six years old.

Chen Zhi line is a take line of people.In his 1977 12 on 22 May from Shanghai back to Guangzhou, to a month after the 1978 1 on 25 May, it first went to The Sun Yat-sen University computing center, using a computer to run his preparation of the quantum chemistry program, but also to get a little academic results.The late seventies and early Eighties of the computer, and now we are familiar with may not be the same.

Then to the punch on the programmed conversion of wear on the tape rows of holes, each row represents one character; the program has a fault you have with scissors and glue to modify the tape.Now the computer on the table, only accounted for half Desk position.When is a monster: the ratio of the coat Cabinet is also much larger of a set of chassis, plus read the tape machines, console, printer, etc., each piece than it is now one of the whole is much greater.However, its computing speed and storage capacity are also not as I began to engage in computer go with an XT computer, and XT than the now popular Pentium computer slower hundreds of times, the other function is more far from it.That is the way of the computer, the whole school is also only one station.To be on the machine, you have to register, queue.

On such conditions, Chen Zhi-line has developed the BASIC practice with computational practice of the process system, the physical and chemical Teaching Program system, the thermodynamic calculation program system, in 1989 the state Commission of Education outstanding teaching achievement national award of excellence.

It is important that he not only put the computer as a tool, and it is really like to play with the computer.

Two interests collide together, Chen Zhi line to go and the computer together seems to be logical.

And I heard that China has someone to engage in, but also said that Japan in the“fifth generation”computer of the development of the target tissue under a Go program of the research topic, the requirements within 5 years so that the program reaches Level 5 level.These messages make my heart be strongly pull it.Put a lot of time to spend in the next go on, nothing is over chess addiction.Why don't you put the computer go research more funny?

In 1991, Chen Zhi line from Mountain College retirement, he affirms that does not accept rehired, but to put all the effort put into the computer go to the study.

Chan Chi retire upon himself to borrow money to buy a computer“to play”Go artificial intelligence

First have to buy a computer.The school of that big guy is the RUB doesn't, it is too slow.His purse bought a XT computer.

Then, find a I artificial intelligence book,“just look at, many of the content also did not understand it”.

Just like that, Chen Zhi-line with half a winter vacation to compile a Go program.

Really so-so to be able to play chess, and compared to the world's first commodity-Go program“Nimes Sith”is also not inferior color.Winter break after a month of spare time has been improved, chess has more than“Nimes Sith”the earliest version.

He put this app named“hand talk”, handtalk。

In 1991, Chen Zhi-line to participate in the International Computer GO tournament, and achieved sixth place.

This version has been preliminary to solve a block, degrees of freedom, the eye-shaped judgment, string J-Escape and other issues, but far from perfect.

Cattle knife small test after his friends borrowed $ 1200, bought a 286CPU computer, more than a year after the upgrade to the 386/40, in order to make the following improvements:

Added joseki; the waste of the original degrees of freedom of the programme and replaced by a more reasonable solution; the pieces between the even off the issue for determination: although still preliminary judgment, but use one large module.Put the string J-Escape with two gas string to limit the extension to three gas string; handle dual J-problems, i.e., the beat eating a string and wiped out another string; increase mode; to program a preliminary to kill capacity.

After such a transformation, substantially completed later the champion of the World program of the basic architecture.

In 1992, participated in the first session of the national computer Go tournament, the champion.

In 1992, participated in the Tokyo International Computer GO tournament, the runner-up.

Got less than a thousand yuan bonus.Still not enough to buy an Apple Macintosh(Macintosh)PC.And with the calculation to improve the accuracy of,“hand talk”in Chen Zhi-line only one XT and a 286 running on more and more slowly.

At the time of program is not like now as having two computers for communication between auto chess, only put a computer in The Walking manually input to another computer.Then put that piece 286 upgrade to the 386, and bought an old 286 that.Two programs of chess in the 286 and 386 were carried out.

Waiting impatiently when he was in the room playing tai Chi.Hit a few strokes, the program before the next move.

1993, 11 month, Chan Chi before to go to Chengdu to participate in the new session of the International Computer Chess Tournament.He overcame carat Zeke“Polish star”, the Korean Li Zhong Tiger, Chen G training“chess coma”, the Buddha strand of“many faces”, the High Country elements“chess rocks”, the Germans MODGO。11 on 12 May, Chen Zhi-row to six-fight victory streak for the first time on the world champion throne.

This back and finally have the money to buy 28000 diverse Macintosh too.

A few months later, Chen Zhi line and a Japanese company signed a contract to“chess 2”name released in Japan“hand talk”to.1995 12 month listing.

In the Japanese market of the“hand talk”software.“Hand talk”for Go chess nickname.

1994, 11 month, Taipei International Computer GO tournament, the“hand talk”to get third place.

Next, is Chen Zhi-line and“hand talk”the most brilliant era of it.

1995, 9 month, Tokyo FOST Cup World computer go Championship, champion.“Hand talk”is also the Japanese Ki-identified as 5 levels.

In 1995, it should be's Cup International Computer GO tournament, the champion.

1996, 9 month, Tokyo, the second session of the FOST Cup World computer go Championship, is still the champion.

In 1996, Chen Zhi-line of the old unit, Sun Yat-Sen co-be's Cup International Computer GO tournament, he arena combat.In addition to the“hand talk”, he guided a group to prepare the program“Black Heron”also participated in the race.

“Hand talk”and be the champion.

In 1997, Nagoya, the third session of the FOST Cup World computer go Championship.

“Hand talk”in the second round is out of the question: it rivals although is weak, but that“hand talk”timeout as negative.

This is perhaps it is because the opponent is WEAK, on the Board left many unresolved problems, so that the“hand talk”to spend a lot of time to calculate.

But the near misses,“hand talk”still won the FOST Cup World computer go Championship three consecutive years.

In 1997, should be's Cup International Computer GO tournament in the United States organized.“Hand talk”and the Nagoya race's biggest rivals, the British Rui design of GO4++。In the event the hair of the data, Rui at it this way:

Over the last two years I was in full time to improve GO4++...... Recently with the“hand talk”96 years should be's Cup version of chess 66 innings, winning 56 of the Bureau, the average wins 15. 6 points...... The results of the current GO4++become the Japanese market on the biggest sales of the Go program.

It seems that the competition has gone from mere intellectual competition spread to the commercial sector.

In the game,“Hand talk”accidentally lose a few discs.With the GO4++front of the situation, it is also continuous mistakes, have almost the success or failure of the Bureau, did not expect to wrap up, the GO4++'re coping stricken, the“hand talk”turned out to turn the tables, narrow escape.

At this point, Chen Zhi row and his“hand talk”even to take the sixth international champion, became a computer Go program the most strong.

A retired old Professor, in life's later years to reinvent the wheel, but also the removal of the world's most powerful title, no matter from what point of view, this story is all too inspirational too.

At the beginning of the study of computer go, his old friend to persuade him not too desperately, to pay attention to the body, much more to live for a few years, the multi-look at a few eye this colorful world.

His answer is:

I was down there don't care to see more of this world, but want to dry something.I told him to engage in computer go determination, and in the letter indicate: do not win the world championship, the punishment is!

In all fairness, the year the computer go competitions in the form on the program with the program of the game, objects can be said to“Church computer go under”, and today AlphaGo with real chess pros, human of the strongest competition, completely incomparable.

Each time The should be's Cup after the race, we will arrange for the championship program with three teenagers chess players were affected by the sub-game.In 1997, the“hand talk”the three games by 10 hand game, the result is two wins and one negative.Visible“hand talk”chess of the true level.

But then a powerful Giants also have a toddler at the time.Looking back now, to“hand talk”as the representative of the old computer Go program despite falling behind a little bit ridiculous, but if not them, it is impossible to have today's AlphaGo。

Chen Zhi such artificial intelligence pioneer, just like Newton's the mathematical principles of Natural Philosophy before the ancient Greek natural philosophers, like, in the back of the human eye in their study of a simple, naive, full of fallacies, but they also reflect human wisdom and reason in a particular era can reach the highest achievements.

Today, I'm in Tencent saw Li Shi Shi resolution AlphaGo live, hear guest host, the CSDN President Jiang Tao in review artificial intelligence learning go of course, the mentioned Chen Zhi line name, said he was go the artificial intelligence of the first generation of experts.

After all or just someone to remember him, remember the“hand talk”to.

Chen Zhi line to leave us a“hand talk”software and the computer go to the small cave on

In the name of the computer go to the small cave on the book at the end, Chen Zhi line so the prophecy said:

Artificial intelligence science now also at an early age, it is possible to solve chess as the Smart problem; and for the game of go as a complex problem, you have to rely on several generations of unremitting efforts, careful study, to find the law, the rise of the theory, and gradually improved.

Exactly how long, now is also not easy to estimate.Someone in the 1997 FOST Cup period, that is, the“Deep Blue”beat Casper Croft soon launched a call: a Go program when the segment, when the defeat of the human top player for?Estimate the length varies.I estimate that by 2020 into segments, 2100 defeat the Humans of the highest level owner.

Chen Zhi line has died in 2008, if he knew today AlphaGo beat of today's most powerful human chess player Li Shi Shi, than he expected to be much faster, and presumably will also be thrilled.

Thank you, Chen teacher.
(computer translation)

https://www.guancha.cn/TMT/2016_03_10_353558.shtml

This post by And was liked by: Dragon

Post #6 Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:15 am 
Gosei

Hand Talk 5 - Zenith 7 (Hand Talk 5 - 9 level, Zenith 7 - 1 kyu)

Attachments:
Hand Talk 5 - Zenith 7.sgf [626 Bytes]
Downloaded 1035 times

Post #7 Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:58 am 
Gosei

in GNU Go 3.8 you can set a level greater than 10. I tried 25 - ok.
GNU Go - CS Zero (GNU Go 3.8 --mode gtp --chinese-rules --level 20, CS Zero - 1 dan)

Attachments:
gnugo - CS Zero.sgf [804 Bytes]
Downloaded 1032 times

Post #8 Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:07 pm 
Gosei

Silver Star Go 19
https://www.silverstar.co.jp/product/gigo19

● What is Ginjo Go?

Since the release in 1999 year 4 month, it is game Go software that continues to evolve aiming at always the strongest and best.
Ginjo Go has not only strength, but also functions that help you improve your go, such as "Go skill improvement guidance function", "Examination function", and "Go problem collection for those with a rank".It is also a feature that it is fulfilling.

This product, which will be the 19th work, is equipped with a "go power judgment function" to measure the user's go power, and it will be a version that further enhances the function that helps to improve the go powercan be used.

● Nihon Ki-in Amateur highest rank eight-dan diploma

In the past, Ginjo Go was a so-called "self-proclaimed Hachidan", which called itself Hachidan after repeated original game tests.
This is not limited to Silver Star Go, all commercial Go software of other companies have adopted this "self-proclaimed" method.
Therefore, Ginjo Go challenged the Dan rank acquisition test that Nihon Ki-in usually performs for humans, and passed it brilliantly!
2017 year 10 month 13 day amateur highest rank "eight Dan" certificate was obtained, it became the world's first commercial Go software.
Since it has been officially certified Dan rank from Nihon Ki-in, you can use it with peace of mind.

"Silver Star Go" What is the challenge to obtain the eight-dan diploma?
2017 year 10 month 4 day, in the net game "Yugen no ma" operated by Nihon Ki-in, eight Dan diploma acquisition of computer Go software to become the first in the history of Nihon Ki-inThe test was conducted.
In the past, Ginjo Go was a so-called "self-proclaimed Hachidan", which called itself Hachidan after repeated original game tests.This is not only Silver Star Go, all commercial Go software of other companies have adopted this "self-proclaimed" method.
Therefore, Ginjo Go is to take the Dan rank acquisition test that Nihon Ki-in is usually done for people, and to officially obtain the eighth Dan diploma of the highest rank of amateurs.It was a good idea to try it out.
It will be the first attempt in the world for a commercial Go software that runs on a commercial computer to obtain an eight-dan license.

The test was conducted in the form of a public game in the Nihon Ki-in Net game "Yugen no ma", not the promotion test method that ordinary people receive.
"Yugen no Ma" is an online game service operated by Nihon Kiin, the head temple of Go, and you can play anytime using a personal computer or smartphoneIt is also a service where you can enjoy playing games with Go enthusiasts from all over the world.
In that "Yugen no Ma", he started playing from seven levels (rating point 32,500), received challenges from high level players around the world, and played more than 50 stationsIf you have been promoted to eight levels (rating point 33,000 or more) at the time of performing the station, you will pass.
As a result, when it exceeded 50 stations, it quickly exceeded the rating point of 33,000, and successfully rose to eight levels and passed the test.
(computer translation)

Silver Star Go 19 - CS Zero (Silver Star Go 19 - 8 dan, CS Zero - 9 dan)

Attachments:
Silver Star Go 19 - CS Zero.sgf [1.67 KiB]
Downloaded 989 times

Post #9 Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:16 pm 
Gosei

Silver Star Go 19 - CS Zero (Silver Star Go 19 - Introduction level, CS Zero - 15 kyu)

Attachments:
Silver Star - CS Zero.sgf [1.22 KiB]
Downloaded 968 times

Post #10 Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:10 am 
Gosei

free mobile version Silver Star Go https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... rstar.pigo

Pocket Go - Go game app that can be played from beginners and beginners

----------------------------------------------------
You can start with getting started!Let's aim to improve Go with 8 levels to choose from
Go app that you can play anytime, anywhere
At the strongest level, it is a strength that a strong person can be satisfied enough
----------------------------------------------------

◆ Computer game & interpersonal game is possible anytime and anywhere for free!◆
【Computer (CPU) Game】
In "Pocket Go", you can choose a level from 8 stages of beginner / beginner / 4th grade / 3rd grade / 2nd grade / 1st grade / first stage / second stage.
Anyone can go game at the level that suits their own.
※ By the performance and game settings, etc. of your terminal, thinking time will fluctuate.
【Interpersonal Game】
Using 1 terminal, you can play the game by striking stones alternately with 2 people.
Even if there is no go board or go stone, it is possible to play Go games between people immediately.
In addition, the 2P game mode can be used not only for the game, but also for the input of the game record.Convenient for typing and browsing on the go.

◆ Game record save and resume is possible!◆
Game records can be saved and read.The number of game records can be saved up to 100.
The saved game can be rearranged later or the game can be resumed.
Use these features to level up your Go.

◆Peace of mind even for Go beginners!Useful function that can improve ◆
There is a friendly function for beginners and beginners.
- "Hint" function that AI will tell the next hand during the
game ★ We have adjusted the contents of the hint to match the level.
・ "Ground display" function to display and calculate
the ground on the board ・ "stuck" function when
you are troubled ・ "pass" function
・ Fixed stone display function equipped

◆ Other game function ◆
・【Board】 19 road / 13 road / 9 roadbed correspondence
・【Komi】 0~ 7 eyes half
by half ・ 【Set stone】 0~ 9 children up to (19 roadbed), 0~ Up to 4 children (13,9 roadbed)
・ Zoom around the place where you tap once on the board, and then hit the stone "Auto zoom" function
・ If you are currently tapping"Cursor" function that displays the cursor at the place where you aim, hit the stone by releasing your finger to match the place you aim
※ Zoom function, cursor function is "option"It is possible to switch the function from .

Post #11 Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:17 am 
Gosei

20 sec byoyomi CrazyStone DeepLearning Pro 1.2.0 - CrazyStone DeepLearning Pro 1.1.7 2:0

Attachments:
go-20220925-162449.sgf [3.44 KiB]
Downloaded 930 times
go-20220925-175732.sgf [4.67 KiB]
Downloaded 936 times

Post #12 Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:42 am 
Gosei

mobile version Silver Star Go (Beginner) - Zenith 7 (6 kyu)

Attachments:
Silver Star - Zenith 7.sgf [1.89 KiB]
Downloaded 919 times

Post #13 Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:56 am 
Gosei

Programming Technics in Wulu
http://www.computer-go.info/db/ourpages/wulu.html

Post #14 Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:01 am 
Gosei

Alphabetical List of Programs
http://computer-go.info/db/oproglist.php

Post #15 Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:57 am 
Gosei

https://online-go.com/docs/other-go-resources

Post #16 Posted: Thu May 18, 2023 7:44 am 
Gosei

TamaGo Computer go engine using Monte-Carlo Tree Search written in Python3
https://github.com/kobanium/TamaGo

Post #17 Posted: Thu May 18, 2023 8:14 am 
Gosei

Pyramid go https://forums.online-go.com/t/pyramid-go/36944

Post #18 Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:12 pm 
Gosei

There is a "Cho Chikun" level in Zenith Go. I launched 2 Zenith Go and the "Cho Chikun" bots played with each other

Post #19 Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:34 pm 
Gosei

2nd game

Post #20 Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:50 am 
Gosei

baduK is a pattern analysis and search engine for the game of Go/Baduk/Weiqi. An ancient boardgame common in Japan, Korea, China and Taiwan. Features multiple databases, game previews and instant pattern matches. Developed using C++ and Qt 4.1.4
https://sourceforge.net/projects/baduk/