It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 11:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: equipment warning
Post #21 Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:42 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 192
Was liked: 357
Thanks Mark,

Your books will be in the mail tomorrow. I'll send another email to let you know when they've shipped. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me or ask here. I've subscribed to email updates for this topic.

Thanks again,

David

Go Game Guru: Learn Go | How to Get Better at Go | Go Game Shop | Go Boards | Baduk TV

Post #22 Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:42 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 9
Was liked: 23
KGS: Gorim
OGS: Dokuganryu
Don't know if it isn't an offtopic, but I ordered few books from Yutopian a month ago, and one of the book I received wasn't the one I ordered, but a different one. After paying 7$ for the wrong book, the correct book was to be sent. Today another copy of the wrong book arrived :shock: I really have no difficulty in describing which book I want and which I got, but somehow this situation happens. I wonder how is it possible?....

Post #23 Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:55 am 
Dies with sente

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 2
KGS: markeemark
Online playing schedule: irregular due to work
Hi Gorim

I know what you mean as most transactions are done online with a tick or click box!!

How hard can it be to get what you ordered?

Paard were very casual about my books (see a previous post) I'm away on business for about a week, if they don't arrive by then, no more nagging emails or calls. I'll want my money back.

Did they want the mistaken book (s) returned?

I note, there never seems to be a problem with providers getting their money?

bye for now

mark

Post #24 Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:22 pm 
Dies with sente

Hi all

I just wanted to update further.......

I've had some recent contact with David at Gogameguru, books ordered a couple of days ago, and turned up today!!

I havent seen them yet as I am away until friday on business.

David, fantasic service! you and Laurie Crammond have renewed my faith in Go Suppliers!!

No surprise I havent heard from Pet Haard as yet ):

Regards

Mark

Post #25 Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:53 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 192
Was liked: 357
Thanks again Mark,

I'm glad to hear the package arrived safely. Enjoy the books! :)

Go Game Guru: Learn Go | How to Get Better at Go | Go Game Shop | Go Boards | Baduk TV

Post #26 Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:54 pm 
Dies with sente

David

Just got in from my business trip, and opened my books (superb) well wrapped.

I'll look forward to working with them

My wife said I have enough Go books now ( I say you can never have enough!).

Thanks again

Bye for now

In fairness to Pet Haard, my previous order with them came today as well, and was really well wrapped too.

Post #27 Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:14 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 41
Was liked: 97
GD Posts: 351
I've not had any problems when I ordered some Chinese books from Het Paard (that no one else in Europe seemed to carry) a couple years ago. Went very smooth.

Most of my Go books are from the German vendors Hebsacker Verlag and Schachversand Niggemann, both of which are very responsive and fast (the latter doesn't charge for shipping). Some from my regular book store or from eBay (from Chinese suppliers). Oh, and the more recent purchases were digital SmartGo books. Didn't think ebooks would work for me, but the iPad completely changed that and proved me wrong. By now I prefer ebooks over paper ones (novels and such too).

Post #28 Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:30 pm 
Dies with sente

Mivo

I'm pleased that you had no problems, however without going over old ground, I thought the service was very very poor. Maybe there was a bit of a language issue, as I thought when I rang them that their response was very casual, without any real hint of an apology.

Granted they had books I hadn't seen elsewhere, nevertheless I definately wouldn't re-order from them.

As for e-books I have a few, but prefer paper myself.

Regards

Mark

Post #29 Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:51 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 69
Was liked: 25
markeemark wrote:
Spellenwinkel Het Paard, I ordered books from there on the 27th June 2012 and didn't receive any products or email etc, so on the 7th July I emailed them no response! I checked by bank statement and have been charged.

I ended up ringing them today (From the UK to Holland!) incurring the cost of the call, to speak to a woman who told me at first they had shipped it, secondly they didn't track the package (due to cost), thirdly that they may have got the address wrong and it may not have been sent.

I politely told her I was less than impressed in her response and the fact that as she was running a business, better customer relations (due to her tone) would not go amiss.

Sadly, I have another story to add.

I bought three books from kiseido last month. The order was forwared to het paard, and I payed by paypal the first day of august. Ten days later, nothing, so I sent a mail. I had a reply :

Quote:
I am sorry for the slowness.
Unfortunately the mail in many places is not such good quality, so these kind of delays often occur. In case the shipment is lost we will replace.

Is this some kind of joke ? The "many places" are netherlands, belgium, and france. A total of 5 hour by road. Even postcards are way faster. We're now three weeks after the payment, and still no book. :evil:

Post #30 Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:35 pm 
Oza

Liked others: 8262
Was liked: 924
OGS: trohde
Universal go server handle: trohde
Just to give a contrasting report: I purchased books from Kiseido when they gave 10% and free shipping.

First I got an order confirmation via email from Het Paard that they had received the order from Kiseido and would send the books, and then Het Paard delivered promptly, within a week or so, to Germany.

I also know that it really happens that parcels “get lost”.

Did you get an order confirmation from Het Paard? Perhaps the mentioned mail problems are between Kiseido and Het Paard …

<shrug>

Post #31 Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:39 pm 
Lives with ko

Bonobo wrote:
Did you get an order confirmation from Het Paard? Perhaps the mentioned mail problems are between Kiseido and Het Paard …

Yes, I did. I also asked if there were a problem with my payment, I hope he would have told me if he was waiting for shippment from kiseido.

Post #32 Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:59 am 
Lives with ko

Followup: the books were shipped again, and this package arrived today. It's still strange to have lost the first one, and it stills make it a month delay.

Edit: one of the three books was not the one i ordered. I don't want to send it back and wait another month, so i'll mark this as a loss and won't ever buy from them again :tmbdown: