Post subject: New Shop at Store.Baduk.Club for Used Equipment
Post #1 Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:11 pm 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 7
Was liked: 13
KGS: Soromon
OGS: Soromon
Friends,

I've started sourcing used equipment from Japan and am selling it via Etsy.

November 2020 Edit: I've joined Devin at Baduk Club in his mission to bring people together with affordable equipment! That will be the new home for my Vintage Go Gear!

These sets are coming from pawn shops, antique shops, estate sales, and from peer-to-peer sites. When I find something decent for a good price I buy it and I consequently have a half-dozen boards and a few sets of stones ready to ship from Japan. At the same time, I have a couple dozen bowl+stone sets that are currently in transit to Denver where I plan to clean and polish them.

This is more a labor of love than anything else - I'm not trying to make a living doing this - so you'll notice that my prices are as reasonable as I can make them.

I'm also willing to do Custom Orders. So if you see what I have and it's not what you're looking for, message me what you're after and I can give you a quote.

Happy to hear your feedback,

Solomon

Last edited by Soromon on Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

This post by Soromon was liked by: Galation

Post subject: Re: New Shop on Etsy for Used Equipmentss
Post #2 Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:50 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 1
Was liked: 136
I have so much interesting go equipment! I cannot possibly need it all but I enjoy having it all, especially the bowls. I am not a likely customer but I wish up you every success. You should put a link up on facebook and reddit.

This post by bogiesan was liked by: Soromon

Post subject: Re: New Shop on Etsy for Used Equipment
Post #3 Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:24 pm 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 180
For some reason, I went to the site, and I'm glad that I did. Not because I am likely to be a customer, but because I can say this.

What a lovely site/presentation. You have shown these objects about as well as could be done.

ROFLOL -- at various times in my life have been involved in shipping from various places by less than conventional means. Not so much because of shipping expense, but in some cases, the unreliability of (thieving/corruption). So arrangements might be made with somebody traveling to include with their stuff.

Once, actually here in the US! What was lost (camping gear that fell off our truck) got returned to us being passed person to person between people who knew each other and then that person likely knowing somebody closer to us. It did take a little while, but time not an issue as the camping season was over (this wasn't our winter gear), eventually getting a call that our gear was at somebody's house not much farther away than we'd have to go for shopping << note: we are in a very rural area >> Sort of like that experiment that led to "six degrees of separation" << the rules were you could only send it to somebody you knew personally who you thought had a better chance to personally know the intended recipient. -- direct sending was out >>

Post #4 Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:15 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 238
Was liked: 60
If you only were based in Europe :cry:
I wish you the best!
Galation

Post #5 Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:00 am 
Dies in gote

Galation wrote:

I haven't looked into shipping costs from Japan to Europe. Or from the US to Europe. Should I?

Mike Novack wrote:
What a lovely site/presentation. You have shown these objects about as well as could be done.

ROFLOL -- at various times in my life have been involved in shipping from various places by less than conventional means.

Thank you for the praise! The next time I go to Japan I'll definitely come back with a board as my luggage.

bogiesan wrote:
You should put a link up on facebook and reddit.

Oh? Where on Reddit?

Post #6 Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:49 pm 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 235
Was liked: 77
Universal go server handle: fireproof
/r/baduk would be a good place!

This post by fireproof was liked by: Bonobo

Post #7 Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:12 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 272
KGS: gotony
OGS: nghtstalker
May you find enjoyment and success with your store! Looks like you have some great deals.

Best wishes!

We play because we enjoy the beauty of the game, the snap and feel of real stones, and meeting interesting people. Hope to see ya there! お願いします!

Anthony

Post #8 Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:26 am 
Dies in gote

Galation wrote:
I wish you the best!
Galation

I am now shipping to Europe (and everywhere). I had to create to a few things to comply with EU law :geek:

goTony wrote:
May you find enjoyment and success with your store! Looks like you have some great deals.

Thank you!~ My seamail packages of bowls and stones are starting to arrive for cleaning, so the deals are me trying to clear the warehouse in Japan. My hope is to have the shop empty so that I can update my shipping policies and switch everything to USPS.

This post by Soromon was liked by: goTony

Post #9 Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:30 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 272
KGS: gotony
OGS: nghtstalker
Soromon wrote:
Galation wrote:
I wish you the best!
Galation

I am now shipping to Europe (and everywhere). I had to create to a few things to comply with EU law :geek:

goTony wrote:

Thank you!~ My seamail packages of bowls and stones are starting to arrive for cleaning, so the deals are me trying to clear the warehouse in Japan. My hope is to have the shop empty so that I can update my shipping policies and switch everything to USPS.

EU law! sounds more difficult than GO!

We play because we enjoy the beauty of the game, the snap and feel of real stones, and meeting interesting people. Hope to see ya there! お願いします!

Anthony

Post #10 Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:12 pm 
Dies in gote

EU law mostly just wanted to make sure that I'm not misusing customer information.

The shop is restocked, and now has a few of the refurbished sets of bowls and stones in addition to some boards that I found which are still in Japan.

This post by Soromon was liked by: Bonobo

Post subject: Re: New Shop for Used Equipment - https://Store.Baduk.Club
Post #11 Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:24 am 
Dies in gote

An update:

I've joined forces with Baduk Club! It's taken a bit to launch, but I'm happy that my Vintage Go Equipment project won't be subject to Etsy's fees any more.

Thanks to Devin Fraze for suggesting we team up to bring affordable sets to Go players - we'll have a line of club sets and tournament gear soon, along with teaching equipment! And of course there's still the Baduk Club Map, where you can connect to other players.

This post by Soromon was liked by: Ferran

Post #12 Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:44 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 1
Was liked: 136
This should be an exciting announcement for anyone trying to find go equipment during The Madness. Fortunately for me, I do not need any more gear (and I'd be in deep trouble with spouse if I were to buy more). I wish you and Devin every possible success here and on Facebook.

Post subject: Re: New Shop at Store.Baduk.Club for Used Equipment
Post #13 Posted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:22 pm 
Dies in gote

Our club and teaching gear is now in stock! You can now order a Demo Board for teaching - we have a bundle deal that includes the frame and magnetic stones, and if your program is approved by the AGF you can potentially get a rebate of up to $200 in matching funds (visit http://agfgo.org/pages/grants.php for details). Folding boards and single-convex stones are great for beginners and compact for club storage.

We continue to bring in new vintage Gobans and refurbished sets of Japanese bowls and stones, and offer Custom Orders to help pair you with nice equipment that meets your budget.

Coming soon, we'll be implementing a Multi-Vendor feature. The goal will be to allow other providers of Go equipment a platform to reach players with their unique offerings - hopefully this will include art, books, AI boards, rugs, and more.

We hope you'll check us out!
https://store.baduk.club/