It is currently Tue Jun 11, 2024 9:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: unprofessional behavior from KGS admins during/after jub
Post #161 Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:53 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 228
Was liked: 84
I think this thread has run its course 10x over. Perhaps a benevolent mod could lock it and spare this poor, dead horse? :tmbdown:

This post by Drew was liked by: ez4u

Post #162 Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:54 am 
Oza

Liked others: 237
Was liked: 662
GD Posts: 4312
Online playing schedule: Every tenth February 29th from 20:00-20:01 (if time permits)
If your behavior on KGS is even 10% as obnoxious as it is in this thread then it is not at all surprising that you have been banned from the site.

This post by DrStraw was liked by 4 people: Bantari, ez4u, HermanHiddema, Pericles

Post #163 Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:58 am 
Gosei

Liked others: 54
Was liked: 544
GD Posts: 1292
Why would it make them look bad? Just another entry onto a list of nicknames they don't welcome. It's a private server and it's at their discretion.

Post #164 Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:01 am 
Gosei

Drew wrote:
I think this thread has run its course 10x over. Perhaps a benevolent mod could lock it and spare this poor, dead horse? :tmbdown:

If that were done, he'd start complaining about how L19 mods abuse their power in not letting him speak his mind on his thread.

Post #165 Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:29 am 
Oza

Online playing schedule: Every tenth February 29th from 20:00-20:01 (if time permits)
tchan001 wrote:
Drew wrote:

If that were done, he'd start complaining about how L19 mods abuse their power in not letting him speak his mind on his thread.

Except for the fact that it is not HIS thread. All threads on a public forum are public threads.

Post #166 Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:16 am 
Gosei

DrStraw wrote:
tchan001 wrote:
Drew wrote:

Except for the fact that it is not HIS thread. All threads on a public forum are public threads.

I agree with you completely that it's a public thread, but he seems to think he owns the thread just because he started it. He had in the past asked me not to post further on this thread which implies that he thinks he owns the thread.

xDragon wrote:
i have to ask you to not post in this thread again

So perhaps I'll need to correct my punctuation mistakes and repeat my answer to Drew's suggestion in the correct manner.

Drew wrote:

If that were done, he'd start complaining about how L19 mods abuse their power in not letting him speak his mind on "his" thread.

Post #167 Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:33 am 
Judan

Liked others: 436
Was liked: 3719
KGS: Uberdude 4d
OGS: Uberdude 7d
DrStraw wrote:

Which was kind of my point about all KGS admin threads being for generic KGS admin whingeing. We are not restricted to only discussing the poorly-titled topic which xDragon chose when he started this thread.

P.S. I know you have been playing Go for longer than I have lived, and were active on Go Discussions long before I had even heard of it. I didn't know you registered here long ago as you weren't active here when I joined a few years ago and only started posting (again?) fairly recently. I expected someone of your experience of online communities to realize that a poor title doesn't preclude discussion of other things, so when you played the naively surprised approach I went along with it for some gentle ribbing.

P.P.S I don't think it should be locked. If you don't like dead horses don't enter the abattoir.

Post #168 Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:13 am 
Oza

Uberdude wrote:
DrStraw wrote:

Which was kind of my point about all KGS admin threads being for generic KGS admin whingeing. We are not restricted to only discussing the poorly-titled topic which xDragon chose when he started this thread.

P.S. I know you have been playing Go for longer than I have lived, and were active on Go Discussions long before I had even heard of it. I didn't know you registered here long ago as you weren't active here when I joined a few years ago and only started posting (again?) fairly recently. I expected someone of your experience of online communities to realize that a poor title doesn't preclude discussion of other things, so when you played the naively surprised approach I went along with it for some gentle ribbing.

P.P.S I don't think it should be locked. If you don't like dead horses don't enter the abattoir.

Hhm! Something seems a little odd here. Threads are not restricted to the original subject line, but I am not allowed to add a passing comment:

Quote:
Why does a thread which purports to discuss the unprofessional behavior of a bunch of amateurs (aka volunteers) generate so many posts? Of course their behavior is unprofessional - they are not professionals !!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well! C'est la vie.

Post #169 Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:31 am 
Judan

Liked others: 436
Was liked: 3719
KGS: Uberdude 4d
OGS: Uberdude 7d
DrStraw wrote:
... but I am not allowed to add a passing comment

Yes you are... Just as I am allowed to respond to your passing comment with one of my own. Forums eh?

Post #170 Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:29 am 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 683
Was liked: 138
Universal go server handle: Splatted
DrStraw wrote:
If your behavior on KGS is even 10% as obnoxious as it is in this thread then it is not at all surprising that you have been banned from the site.

Actually I think he's responded with admirable politeness given some blatant rudeness on your part. (Delivered while chastising someone else for their supposed rudeness :scratch: )

Last edited by Splatted on Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post #171 Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:36 am 
Lives in sente

@Xdragon: It seems my earlier comment has sparked a lot of very negative comments about you and I want to apologise for that. It wasn't my intention at all and I certainly wasn't trying to imply that you were a bad person who deserved what they got.

Post #172 Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:57 am 
Oza

Splatted wrote:
DrStraw wrote:

Actually I think he's responded with admirable politeness given some blatant rudeness on your part. (Delivered while chastising someone else for their supposed rudeness :scratch: )

You did not get the extremely objectionable and ill-mannered PM from him that I did.

Post #173 Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:11 am 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 0
DrStraw wrote:
Splatted wrote:
DrStraw wrote:

You did not get the extremely objectionable and ill-mannered PM from him that I did.

You should post it then. Maybe it'll start another thread just like this one :lol:

Post #174 Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:17 am 
Oza

saitama wrote:
DrStraw wrote:

You should post it then. Maybe it'll start another thread just like this one :lol:

They are called private for a reason. People who make private comminucations public have got bigger problems than KGS admin.

Post #175 Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:20 am 
Beginner

DrStraw wrote:
saitama wrote:
DrStraw wrote:

They are called private for a reason. People who make private comminucations public have got bigger problems than KGS admin.

Sounds like someone can't take a joke. :-|

Post #176 Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:21 am 
Oza

saitama wrote:
DrStraw wrote:

I was trying to preempt the original poster.

Post #177 Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:24 am 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 93
Was liked: 105
GD Posts: 600
xDragon wrote:
bottom line is your opinion does not matter to me and it never will matter to me

It seems that just this brief quote expresses the whole misery. Admins and normal mortables don't like self-opinionated people who just discuss for the sake of it.

And then it happens that you will be wronged even if you are right.

This post by karaklis was liked by: HermanHiddema

Post #178 Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:44 am 
Lives in sente

DrStraw wrote:
Splatted wrote:
DrStraw wrote:

I'm assuming you mean in response to your posts about grammar? If so then I guess he didn't respond as maturely as I thought, but are you seriously saying that him getting angry over your unsolicited insults justifies those insults? (and new ones)

Post #179 Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:56 am 
Honinbo

Liked others: 3651
Was liked: 3374
I find amusing the implication that adherence to professional norms of behavior depends upon being paid to do so. I am reminded of the old joke:

Matron: Johnny, will you be good for a nickel?

Johnny: No, ma,am. I'm good for nothing!

Visualize whirled peas.

Everything with love. Stay safe.

Post #180 Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:23 pm 
Beginner

DrStraw wrote:
saitama wrote:
DrStraw wrote:

I was trying to preempt the original poster.

How can you preempt him? Last time I checked, you're not an admin and you can't stop him from posting things here, so unless you count insulting his grammar preempting then I think it's safe to say you're just being rude unnecessarily.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next