It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: GoUniverse (New KGS client)
Post #221 Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:42 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 127
Was liked: 175
KGS: KOCMOHABT
Version 1.5.6

1. Added German translation. (Thanks to Ember)
2. Implemented rengo challenges and ability to play rengo games.
3. Fixed several minor bugs.

This post by KOCMOHABT was liked by 4 people: Bonobo, DiceSpin, domini1000, Ember

Post #222 Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:37 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 146
Was liked: 81
Online playing schedule: A schedule..? When hell freezes over... maybe. ^^;
Since we returned from the EGC in Oberhof I've been using the client more actively again. In the last 2 days I noticed several times that during byoyomi the time for the player who just played his move vanishes and only reappears after it's his turn again. I saw this both while observing and while playing. Most interestingly, black seems to be affected more often.. Could you please look into that?

And another thing that actually drives me a little crazy while playing: Could you make it optional to have the tenths of a second displayed? I appreciate the idea, but this constant movement on the right which causes the whole countdown to move is kind of distracting... ^^;

EDIT: One more bug after playing a few more games: It seems that after the game no chat is displayed. E.g. if I write "thanks for the game", I can only read it if I leave the game and come back in again. I also don't see my opponents messages. I thought at first it might be because of lag, but that's not the case.

EDIT2: Today I played a game and I noticed that about 7 minutes before byoyomi my clock began to stop running. Well, it did run, but all I saw was 59:59:9 for de person that had to move next, the other person had 0:00 (1) or something like that. That was really... tricky.. :-/ I do hope that you'll be back to fix that.. >_<;

Post #223 Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:38 am 
Lives with ko

Ember wrote:
And another thing that actually drives me a little crazy while playing: Could you make it optional to have the tenths of a second displayed? I appreciate the idea, but this constant movement on the right which causes the whole countdown to move is kind of distracting... ^^;

I'm thinking about to leave countdown only for last 3 seconds. Would it be ok?

Ember wrote:
EDIT: One more bug after playing a few more games: It seems that after the game no chat is displayed. E.g. if I write "thanks for the game", I can only read it if I leave the game and come back in again. I also don't see my opponents messages. I thought at first it might be because of lag, but that's not the case.

I can't reproduce it, can you describe more precisely all circumstances like was the game ended by points/time/resign, was there review after game or not, did opponent left the game room right after game ends.

Post #224 Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:39 pm 
Lives with ko

Version 1.5.8

1. Added latest version of the GoProject library (0.10.9). So if you had graphical issues with the board and the stones, then it will be fixed.
2. Milliseconds now appears only for 3 last seconds of the byo-yomi and for 10 last seconds for absolute time settings.
3. From now you can privately load your private games in any room.

This post by KOCMOHABT was liked by: Bonobo

Post #225 Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:07 am 
Beginner

Liked others: 1
Was liked: 1
Hello,
I like GoUniverse, a very complete client.
I wanted to use it with another browser than Chrome, then I installed the latest version + latest version of goproject on my web server.
But when I click on the button "Play on KGS", it says : Server is unavailable. Try again later.
However, if I am connected to KGS with CGoban prior to clicking the button, I'm immediately disconnected with a message like "Another user just connected with your account".
What can I do ? :scratch:
Thx in advance.

Post #226 Posted: Sat May 12, 2018 7:28 am 
Beginner

Was liked: 0
Hello,
As mentioned in the post below, is there a way to get a link to open a KGS game directly in GoUniverse?
I know this links are inside the client already but do they work from the outside?

https://www.lifein19x19.com/viewtopic.php?p=230853#p230853

Post #227 Posted: Thu May 17, 2018 1:35 am 
Oza

Liked others: 1304
Was liked: 1128
KOCMOHABT wrote:
Version 1.5.1

For all users of GoUniverse i've added a little surprise (it's related with "Future Go summit"). I'm not going to spoiler here, so check it by yourself and tell me what do you think about it.

It's a year later, and I just found your surprise :lol: I think it is fantastic! Any plans to add more books?

Post #228 Posted: Thu May 17, 2018 2:19 am 
Gosei

Liked others: 111
Was liked: 315
Ah, I never thought of clicking the little book icon before. Quite a nice surprise.

Post #229 Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:11 am 
Oza

One comment: After a game ends, it would be nice if the chat kept functioning. As it is, I can't thank my opponent after a game, and if he or she thanks me, I don't see it.

Other than that, I do wonder if anyone still uses the java client. This one is just so much nicer.

This post by daal was liked by 2 people: Ember, KOCMOHABT

Post subject:
Post #230 Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:25 pm 
Honinbo

Liked others: 349
Was liked: 2076
GD Posts: 312
Is there any plan to make GoUniverse HTML5-compliant, browser-independent, add-on-free, java-free, like shin.GoKGS.com ?

Post #231 Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:19 pm 
Lives with ko

daal wrote:
One comment: After a game ends, it would be nice if the chat kept functioning. As it is, I can't thank my opponent after a game, and if he or she thanks me, I don't see it.

I will try again to study this problem. Earlier, I tried to repeat this error several times, but it never worked for me.

EdLee wrote:
Is there any plan to make GoUniverse HTML5-compliant, browser-independent, add-on-free, java-free, like shin.GoKGS.com ?

I had such a plan, but last year I had too little time. I hope this winter i will have more free time for further developing. Btw GOUniverse is already HTML5-compliant, browser-independent, java-free but not addon-free. The only difference btw GoU and Shin is what Shin has it's own server with runned ShinKGS on it. I was hoping that KGS will run own server for web-based clients and i wouldn't have to do it by my own, but it's seems like this aren't gonna happen.

Post subject:
Post #232 Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:51 am 
Honinbo

Liked others: 349
Was liked: 2076
GD Posts: 312
Quote:
GOUniverse is already HTML5-compliant, browser-independent, java-free but not addon-free.
That's nice, thanks.

Shin seems to be addon-free -- is this true ? ( maybe because it has its own server ? )
Quote:
I was hoping that KGS will run own server for web-based clients and i wouldn't have to do it by my own, but it's seems like this aren't gonna happen.
Very disappointing.

Post #233 Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:07 pm 
Oza

KOCMOHABT wrote:
daal wrote:
I will try again to study this problem. Earlier, I tried to repeat this error several times, but it never worked for me.

Interesting. It happens to me every time. Does it happen to others as well?

Post #234 Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:07 pm 
Oza

Liked others: 251
Was liked: 549
KGS: oren
Tygem: oren740, orenl
IGS: oren
Wbaduk: oren
KOCMOHABT wrote:
I had such a plan, but last year I had too little time. I hope this winter i will have more free time for further developing. Btw GOUniverse is already HTML5-compliant, browser-independent, java-free but not addon-free. The only difference btw GoU and Shin is what Shin has it's own server with runned ShinKGS on it. I was hoping that KGS will run own server for web-based clients and i wouldn't have to do it by my own, but it's seems like this aren't gonna happen.

I needed help with setting it up which I emailed you the errors when I had it. I have no problem still doing it.

Post #235 Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:31 pm 
Lives with ko

daal wrote:
I needed help with setting it up which I emailed you the errors when I had it. I have no problem still doing it.

I know, but I'm not too familiar with this technology, and I had little time to look at it more deeply, so I could not help you

Post #236 Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:26 am 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 568
Was liked: 84
Universal go server handle: WindnWater, Elom
Just found this ( :oops: heh...).

Amazing :bow:.

Post #237 Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:54 am 
Lives with ko

daal wrote:
KOCMOHABT wrote:
daal wrote:

Interesting. It happens to me every time. Does it happen to others as well?

I've tried to reproduce it several times, doesn't work for me. Can you describe the circumstance when this happens? Like, what was the result of the game (resign/time/fortfeit/scores), did the opponent left before you have tried to send a message, could you send a message before the end of the game, could you see the opponent messages after the end of the game, what was the type of the game (free/rated/simulation). Thank you.

Post #238 Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:59 am 
Beginner

Was liked: 1
EdLee wrote:

KOCMOHABT wrote:

If you need a web server for hosting Go Universe, I can provide it freely.
Just tell me. :salute:

This post by lambic was liked by: Ember

Post #239 Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:02 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 146
Was liked: 81
Online playing schedule: A schedule..? When hell freezes over... maybe. ^^;
I'd really appreciate it a lot if I could use GoUniverse on any device like my smartphone or tablet, too! I'd never use anything else again. :)

Oh, and I had that mistake in my last games, too, where after the game ends the new chat isn't displayed. Whatever you write is in the game file all right, but it is not displayed in the chat window - neither what you write yourself nor what your opponent has written. Can't say anything about chat during the game During the game it works perfectly fine, but it's something that always happens to me after the game. It would be great if that could be fixed because it looks really stupid if you simply ignore your opponent's chat... ^^;

One more edit: A warning would be nice maybe 2 minutes before you get disconnected. Is that possible? :)

And one last edit: A sound notification when your automatch game starts would be great, too, like in the Java client.

Last edited by Ember on Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post #240 Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:48 pm 
Oza

Liked others: 251
Was liked: 549
KGS: oren
Tygem: oren740, orenl
IGS: oren
Wbaduk: oren
lambic wrote:
EdLee wrote:

KOCMOHABT wrote:

If you need a web server for hosting Go Universe, I can provide it freely.
Just tell me. :salute:

If you can make it work, kgs can also host it.

This post by oren was liked by 3 people: daal, Ember, lambic

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next