It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:14 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Post subject: Re: 38. Laman (1d) vs. Magicwand (3d)
Post #201 Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:38 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 29
Was liked: 41
KGS: Laman
i agree, my rough count was about 4 or 5 for me
thank you for the game. you played well, for some time I wanted to resign and really didn't expect to win afterall.
i am looking forward to read through all comments

I might be wrong, but probably not.

Post #202 Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:06 pm 
Tengen

Liked others: 62
Was liked: 505
KGS: magicwand
Tygem: magicwand
Wbaduk: rlatkfkd
DGS: magicwand
OGS: magicwand
you played well.
i thought my variation was enough to win. i guess i miscalculated.
sorry about not having much comment on the game.
as you already know..i am currently Malkovich junky.
and full time job and full time dad after work.
if you have any qusetion on the game i will be happy to elaborate best to my knowledge.

Words by neil peart, music by geddy lee and alex lifeson

Post #203 Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:36 pm 
Lives in gote

Magicwand: i have absolutely no problem with your few comments, i have known your commenting style from your series with kirby (and those series were also for me the reason to play you, it seemed as a big challenge - and it really was). i am looking for playing you again at some point in the future (if you would be also interested), although not right now

ok, so i have read the comments and i can see (even from my own ones) that at some places i was really silly :). and funny observation is our feeling about the game until we count - i think i am losing and magicwand thinks he is winning

to the game:

my joseki in the upper right corner
i felt it is not objectively correct but i usually don't very much care about territory i am giving to oponent and instead strongly prefer influence and i really liked how the wall faced my left side. i guess i should be more flexible and play what is right rather than what fits me

Harlequin, move 24
Quote:
If you expect White to ignore your attack, then you should play it even more (unless you do not have a followup, in which case it is not really an attack).

i didn't think white would ignore my attack, i meant that he wouldn't play in that area first, so my attack could wait

topazg, move 30
i played the slide because i was afraid about my two stones. if i thought they were safe i would save the potential there for later. seems i was too scared (again)

w 75, 77, 79 were very nice and i like and recommend magicwand's comment following them (although i was able to figure those ideas from the moves and my feeling after them)

hane as move 82 - another very instructive idea, still the same mistake from me - being too afraid and caring too much about stones already played, not enough flexible

Magicwand's endless sente - i know i should follow the principle of mutual damage and not follow my oponent over the board but it seems i am bad at it. give me please some example of my least neccessary answers and what would have been better instead of them

Magicwand 116, 118
Quote:
but way he answer all my moves make me uneasy.
what did you mean with this? what was unusual about my answers?
Quote:
wow..he played worst move possible. he lost my respect on that move.
i was looking for a way to surely live with both my groups and i thought that R11 served the purpose best. what was better?

if anyone wants to comment (or ask about) anything i wrote, regardless who did i address it to, feel free to do so
thank you all for watching and i hope my comments were at least as beneficial and enjoyable for spectators as were spectators' comments for me

Post #204 Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:04 pm 
Tengen

Liked others: 62
Was liked: 505
KGS: magicwand
Tygem: magicwand
Wbaduk: rlatkfkd
DGS: magicwand
OGS: magicwand
i had a feeling that i am comfortably ahead..and you answered all my ending without any effort to create variation.
i was wondering if my count was wrong..(i dont think i was wrong..i guess i played bad ending.. i am not sure..)

another move that surprised me. after this i was 100% sure i am ahead. (again.. i dont know how i lost this game. :) )

i had an idea that you were down about 5 to 10 points and i expected you to try to twist and turn to makeup the points..

i am curious. what was your count at that moment?

moral of the game.. COUNT and COUNT AGAIN!

edit: i was really comfortable until i count at the end.. and realized i was down about 5~8 points.
if i knew early i would have tried to invade the top left corner or something.

Words by neil peart, music by geddy lee and alex lifeson

Post #205 Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:08 am 
Lives in gote

Magicwand, move 118:
Laman wrote:
hell, again i almost resigned and again careful count showed it was quite even [posted at move 116]

i counted the score about even (which was precise to, let say, 5 points), so S11-R11 exchange hurted me, but my upper group was (in my eyes) close to death, so i thought R11 to make an eyeshape was unavoidable in order to at least continue and not to lose immediately

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11