All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: IZIS AI Baduk Board
Post #1 Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:10 pm 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 7
Was liked: 13
KGS: Soromon
OGS: Soromon
We're happy to announce that IZIS has joined Baduk.Club a vendor to make their AI Baduk Board available.

This is the English version of their board, and it has a TON of features. The product page (URL above) goes into details, and also has useful links like the User Manual, Youtube reviews, additional downloadable Apps, shipping details, etc.

We hope to add more products from guest vendors soon!

This post by Soromon was liked by 2 people: Farodin, Ferran

Post subject: Re: IZIS AI Baduk Board
Post #2 Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:28 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 22
Was liked: 10
Universal go server handle: Farodin
I'm very much interested in this product, but still have a couple of questions, in case anyone who actually owns the board could help me understand the specifics of some features:

I like to study pro games a lot, especially the games of Go Seigen. Does this board include Go Seigen's games in its cloud database? If not, is there any option of uploading SGF's in bulk to the device to play over later?

Additionally, when I reach a position in a pro game I might want to think about the position for myself before I see the next move. Is there a way to toggle this? E.g. having to press one of the buttons on the side to show the next move?

Lastly, does this board allow to play on the Fox server?

Thanks in advance!

Post subject: Re: IZIS AI Baduk Board
Post #3 Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:08 pm 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 7
Was liked: 13
KGS: Soromon
OGS: Soromon
Hi~

I'm not sure what pro games are in the archive, but they do have thousands. I don't think that you can upload SGFs to the device, since it pulls the games from the cloud.

I imagine that the easiest way to have it not show the next move in a game record is to wait to play the move currently lit up, though that may be unsatisfying to have to visualize the piece on the board while you ponder. Alternately one could turn off the board at that point, but I can see where options would make it a much better user experience.

As I recall, there was originally a Fox integration but it was shelved after they couldn't deal with all the Fox users asking for additional support. It is possible to write/download apps, but I don't know how much assistance you can get from IZIS on that.

For fast answers to IZIS questions, I'd suggest contacting the team behind it. I've found them very responsive on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/AIGOBOARD

This post by Soromon was liked by 2 people: Farodin, johnsmith