It is currently Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:00 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
Offline
 Post subject: Re: My games to analyse
Post #21 Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:45 pm 
Honinbo

Posts: 10062
Liked others: 3344
Was liked: 3265
Mike Novack wrote:
You are going to save yourself a great deal of time if you stop pussyfooting around when increasing the strength of the bot.


Yes, indeed. The 7 kyu bot in game 9 is way too weak for you. Try the 3 kyu bot next time.

If you are going to play bots even, do what humans do. Play against a bot that can beat you at least half the time. Maybe it would be good if it beats you ⅔ of the time. Then play it until you beat it twice in a row, once as Black, once as White, and then up it one rank.

Good luck! :)

_________________
The Adkins Principle:
At some point, doesn't thinking have to go on?
— Winona Adkins

My two main guides in life:
My mother and my wife. :)

Everything with love. Stay safe.

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: My games to analyse
Post #22 Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:12 am 
Dies with sente

Posts: 97
Liked others: 0
Was liked: 4
I haven't played since a very long time, so this is something like a warm up from 15k to the top ;-).
These games were a big fun and it's easier for me to analyse a game and fix some mistakes instead of playing a very hard game and have ten times more mistakes to fix in the same time.

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: My games to analyse
Post #23 Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:29 am 
Dies with sente

Posts: 97
Liked others: 0
Was liked: 4
Another game to analyse :tmbup:
The opening was bad and I also blundered in the middlegame.

Game 10


Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: My games to analyse
Post #24 Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:09 pm 
Dies with sente

Posts: 97
Liked others: 0
Was liked: 4
Game 11
What should I improve?


Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: My games to analyse
Post #25 Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:25 am 
Gosei
User avatar

Posts: 1694
Location: Ghent, Belgium
Liked others: 260
Was liked: 780
Rank: KGS 2d OGS 1d Fox 4d
KGS: Artevelde
OGS: Knotwilg
Online playing schedule: UTC 18:00 - 22:00
In the last game, :w12: was a good sente move to furhter strengthen your double wall and give Black a cramped position, which he got for not playing the atari in the joseki.

But then 16 and 18 are just confirming Black's life while adding no extra points. In effect, these are wasted kothreats.
20 is worse: Black' doesn't even have to respond. It's close to a pass move.
22 is again like 16 and 18: after that, Black is not just alive, the group is impossible to capture even if Black passes.

I haven't checked the rest of the game as there's enough learning material here:

1) don't play moves that don't accomplish anything else than that the opponent must answer
2) don't play moves that don't accomplush anything and the opponent doesn't have to answer at all

Cheers!

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: My games to analyse
Post #26 Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:35 am 
Oza
User avatar

Posts: 2273
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Liked others: 2153
Was liked: 1282
Rank: Jp 6 dan
KGS: ez4u
Knotwilg wrote:
In the last game, :w12: was a good sente move to furhter strengthen your double wall and give Black a cramped position, which he got for not playing the atari in the joseki.

But then 16 and 18 are just confirming Black's life while adding no extra points. In effect, these are wasted kothreats.
20 is worse: Black' doesn't even have to respond. It's close to a pass move.
22 is again like 16 and 18: after that, Black is not just alive, the group is impossible to capture even if Black passes.

I haven't checked the rest of the game as there's enough learning material here:

1) don't play moves that don't accomplish anything else than that the opponent must answer
2) don't play moves that don't accomplush anything and the opponent doesn't have to answer at all

Cheers!

Isn't White the bot? White 12 should just cut with atari and capture the Black corner, no? black has misplayed here but is playing against too weak an opponent to learn better.

_________________
Dave Sigaty
"Short-lived are both the praiser and the praised, and rememberer and the remembered..."
- Marcus Aurelius; Meditations, VIII 21

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: My games to analyse
Post #27 Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:04 am 
Judan

Posts: 6524
Location: Cambridge, UK
Liked others: 394
Was liked: 3589
Rank: UK 4 dan
KGS: Uberdude 4d
OGS: Uberdude 7d
My advice, stop playing this silly bot and play people. The silliness is contagious.

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: My games to analyse
Post #28 Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:14 am 
Lives in sente

Posts: 961
Liked others: 0
Was liked: 162
Uberdude wrote:
My advice, stop playing this silly bot and play people. The silliness is contagious.


Or play a less silly bot. As near as I can tell you are trying to use bots in a way that we tell you they should not be used.

Until it is a mmtter of the high level neural net bots or perhaps high level MCTS bots you should NOT try to use bots supposedly at your own level to play even games against. Use bots set about 3 stones higher than you are and take a three stone handicap. Now they will not do the silliness typical of your level, so you will be able to learn from them.

At your level, there are no bots suitable for you to play even games against.

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: My games to analyse
Post #29 Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:16 am 
Gosei
User avatar

Posts: 1694
Location: Ghent, Belgium
Liked others: 260
Was liked: 780
Rank: KGS 2d OGS 1d Fox 4d
KGS: Artevelde
OGS: Knotwilg
Online playing schedule: UTC 18:00 - 22:00
ez4u wrote:
Isn't White the bot? White 12 should just cut with atari and capture the Black corner, no? black has misplayed here but is playing against too weak an opponent to learn better.


OK. Then my first advice is: tell us who you are :)

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: My games to analyse
Post #30 Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:29 pm 
Dies with sente

Posts: 97
Liked others: 0
Was liked: 4
Knotwilg wrote:
ez4u wrote:
Isn't White the bot? White 12 should just cut with atari and capture the Black corner, no? black has misplayed here but is playing against too weak an opponent to learn better.


OK. Then my first advice is: tell us who you are :)


I was black as you can see under the board.
White was CrazyStone DeepLearning (level 5 = 5 Kyu) running on iPad Pro 12.9-inch.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group