any comments welcomed

Post subject: Re: tygem 5d vs me
Post #2 Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:33 am 
Tengen

Liked others: 1589
Was liked: 656
GD Posts: 918
KGS: topazg
Hmmm, what an exciting game. It didn't feel like you ever ahead though, although I did enjoy your attacking sequences (both of you!) - Where were your points in the middle that I was missing?

Post #3 Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:53 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 1
Was liked: 4
GD Posts: 1
KGS: dangomango
I think after move 88, i kept giving territory away and i wanted to kill a group or two but it never happened

after you said, where's my territory in game, i just realized that was the fatal mistake in game
i chased and chased like a madman and in the end opponent ended up with the most territory

should have just attacked by gaining territory/potentials instead of chasing and chasing randomly

yeah sometimes i just blindly attack and lost track
thanks for the tips topaz

Post #4 Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:31 pm 
Tengen

Liked others: 1589
Was liked: 656
GD Posts: 918
KGS: topazg
dangomango wrote:
I think after move 88, i kept giving territory away and i wanted to kill a group or two but it never happened

after you said, where's my territory in game, i just realized that was the fatal mistake in game
i chased and chased like a madman and in the end opponent ended up with the most territory

should have just attacked by gaining territory/potentials instead of chasing and chasing randomly

yeah sometimes i just blindly attack and lost track
thanks for the tips topaz

Sorry, I felt I was being particularly unhelpful - it was a crazy game and hard for me to follow where it should have diverted differently, I just noticed every now and again Black would sort of back off, pick up 15 points somewhere, and then keep running, and by the end he seemed to be left with the chunks of territory. Great fun attacking stuff though!

Post #5 Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:32 pm 
Judan

Liked others: 1103
Was liked: 1456
GD Posts: 1512
Kaya handle: Test
Thanks for posting. It was a fun game for us spectators. :clap:

I think your game went bad at move 86. Up until that point you are about even. After move 85 he has a little more territory but you have komi and sente. Move 86 could have almost restored the balance of territory with something like R16 or Q9 or Q2.

But you played move 86 way too close to his strength, and of course he set about trying to kill it. You could have given it to him ( 90 at Q5 ) and built a wall to take 10+ points on the right side while he killed one stone.

So you give him the big lower left corner and you have him on the run. From that point on all of your moves must be directed toward the goal of killing. But you played safe with 100 at L10 when it had to be at M11 or even N11.

Overall, you seem to be determined to kill even when the circumstances do not warrant such a strategy. Mind you, I don't object to that - it provides great entertainment for us observers. But it may be rough on your rating. :razz:

Post #6 Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:48 pm 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 1
Was liked: 4
GD Posts: 1
KGS: dangomango
Yeah, I agree 86 was what went downhill afterwards. I played 86 with the intention of using it as a probe.
However, after I saw 87 played out, I got married to the idea of splitting.

Something like Q9 is a lot better at 86, it seems in this relaxed review environment, possibilities are endless.
During the game, in my mind, was kill/attack/kill/attack - which shouldn't be case, usually we attack to profit or profit while attacking.
I did wanted to profit but that was after n12 at move 114 and it seems I did a even more horrible job at that.

Yeah I didn't even look at moves like m11 at 100, I guess I was a bit passive.

Thanks for such wonderful suggestions

In game I played the Killer Style
"Nothing but being greedy and forcing your way in, if you can atari/kikashi, you will go there at all means.
It is common to see that you only worry about your head and not about your tail, only make aggressive attacks, viewed as fierce attacks but actually falling into a tight spot, already being ambushed, and/or your backyard lit on fire, you still won't know what happened when you die."

I ended up killed nothing, ended up causing the game to be lost.

Post #7 Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:24 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 38
Was liked: 35
Why didn't black cut at C5?

This post by Koroviev was liked by: rhwocns