All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: EGC 2011 - Accommodation
Post #1 Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:57 am 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 1
KGS: deathgod
Hi,
does anybody know from when on one can book the "Ténéo Student" packages in Bordeaux? According to the EGC's homepage the reservation is open in march or april, but no date is given. I sent an e-mail to the "Ténéo Gambetta" hotel, but the answers were not quite understandable - appearingly their english is as bad as my french.
Thanks,
deathgod

ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!!
- Margrave Jeremiah Gottwald

Some moves are DANgerous. Others are just KYUte.
- unknown

Post subject: Re: EGC 2011 - Accommodation
Post #2 Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:50 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 193
Was liked: 21
KGS: Azumi93
Online playing schedule: When I am in a mood for Go :D
Try to post the letter you received, maybe we can help you decypher it :P

Otherwise, try to send an email to Alexander Dinerstain. Maybe we could help you with some tips.

Post #3 Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:59 pm 
Beginner

Well, seems that I expressed myself quite misunderstandable. Their answer (For a complete compilation of our e-mails see below) itself was quite clear, but I'm not sure if they understood what I meant. Thanks for the tip with Dinerchtein (or whatever he is written like in english) though. I'll wait for an answer till the 15th or so and then send a mail to his KGS account. Just hope that such a strong player has time for a lowly 6k :3

Quote:
Dear Sir or Madam,

I (one person, 15 years, Germany) am planning to book a room at Ténéo Student Gambetta hotel in Bordeaux from the 22nd of July to the 7th of August 2011 as a player in the 55th European Go Congress taking place on the campus of the University of Bordeaux I.

On the Congress' site it was and currently still is announced that the special rates for the EGC will be bookable starting March or April 2011. (http://egc2011.eu/index.php/en/accommodation/67-hebergements-negocies). I'd hereby like to ask from you from which date on I will be able to book a room at the hotel.

Sincerely,

~~~~~

Quote:
Dear Sir,

Sorry to inform you that there is no room available from 22th july to 7th of august .

Best regards,

La Réception
Liliana

~~~~~~

Quote:
I take it then that you reserved rooms for EGC players which are not yet bookable. However, I'd like to ask from when on these EGC rooms can be booked?

Sincerely,

~~~~~~~~~

Quote:
Dear Sir /Madame,

Sorry to inform you that there is no room available from 22th july to 7th of august .
Regards

La Réception
LIliana

ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!!

- unknown

Post #4 Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:14 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 193
Was liked: 21
KGS: Azumi93
Online playing schedule: When I am in a mood for Go :D
deathgod wrote:
Well, seems that I expressed myself quite misunderstandable. Their answer (For a complete compilation of our e-mails see below) itself was quite clear, but I'm not sure if they understood what I meant. Thanks for the tip with Dinerchtein (or whatever he is written like in english) though. I'll wait for an answer till the 15th or so and then send a mail to his KGS account. Just hope that such a strong player has time for a lowly 6k :3

Quote:
Dear Sir or Madam,

I (one person, 15 years, Germany) am planning to book a room at Ténéo Student Gambetta hotel in Bordeaux from the 22nd of July to the 7th of August 2011 as a player in the 55th European Go Congress taking place on the campus of the University of Bordeaux I.

On the Congress' site it was and currently still is announced that the special rates for the EGC will be bookable starting March or April 2011. (http://egc2011.eu/index.php/en/accommodation/67-hebergements-negocies). I'd hereby like to ask from you from which date on I will be able to book a room at the hotel.

Sincerely,

~~~~~

Quote:
Dear Sir,

Best regards,

La Réception
Liliana

~~~~~~

Quote:
I take it then that you reserved rooms for EGC players which are not yet bookable. However, I'd like to ask from when on these EGC rooms can be booked?

Sincerely,

~~~~~~~~~

Quote:
Dear Sir /Madame,

Regards

La Réception
LIliana

That is really bad. Guess you will have to google for other rooms. How could they deny you a room!!! Or wait, I think you'd better give them a call and ask them firstly polite if they have a room for you.I know it is expensive to call from De to FR, but I guess this is your only choice

Post #5 Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:39 am 
Gosei

Liked others: 1562
Was liked: 140
GD Posts: 892
Try sending an email to registration at egc2011.eu, it's the address listed on the congress contacts page for dealing with registration and accommodation(http://www.egc2011.eu/index.php/en/contact).
In my experience, congress organizers usually are the best people to help sort out these things.

Also, I don't know if Dinerchtein is part of the organization for this congress.

Post #6 Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:15 pm 
Beginner

Thanks a lot to all of you! I just received an e-mail from the Congress Organizers saying that the Teneo Student packages are not yet open for booking and that they'd make a notification on the EGC's website once it is.

ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!!

- unknown